+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Wzka

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi guys I have a qn.
I am having a hard time determining if I need police certificate from USA or not. For this
Q10 (b): In the past four (4) years, were you in a country or territory other than Canada for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18)?

Do I say yes or no. I lived in the USA for 10 years got PR 2019 May then left US September 9 and did my first landing. So the four years falls in between me being in the US and Canada. If I answer yes would I need to provide FBI clearance??????
To add on, I haven’t traveled outside Canada after landing.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys I have a qn.
I am having a hard time determining if I need police certificate from USA or not. For this
Q10 (b): In the past four (4) years, were you in a country or territory other than Canada for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18)?

Do I say yes or no. I lived in the USA for 10 years got PR 2019 May then left US September 9 and did my first landing. So the four years falls in between me being in the US and Canada. If I answer yes would I need to provide FBI clearance??????
Did you provide FBI clearance as part of your PR application?

Reactions: abbas.pasha

User758

Jul 29, 2023
Hello, I have a quick question. For Question 13 re: work, school activities. While working a job full time for the past five years, I also volunteered my time on some evenings for a non-profit organization which supports professional women. Do I have to include this time I spend volunteering in my application? Or do I only have to include my paid full time job?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Yes I did provide
In that case answer Yes and mention the comment FBI PCC provided at the time of express entry/immigration application

Refer this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Example 1

You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

Reactions: forw.jane

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hi guys I have a qn.

In those 4 years if you were in US continuously for 6 month then yes you might, If I were you I would apply for the FBI clearance and attach it with Other docs in my application.

When we were submitting our application someone (who deals with IRCC on regular basis) suggested us to instead of them asking for fingerprint, RCMP PCC and FBI PCC, All scan of passport pages you should go ahead and provide those in advance with your application and we did. It helped us a lot and our application was all done in 99 days from submission to Oath.

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
Hi there
after AOR, if we got promoted in our job - do we need to let IRCC know?

if yes, why it does matter ?

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Hi everyone,
I used a free consultant service (legit place, funded by the provincial government) to help check my application form. When it comes to all the addresses inside and outside of Canada, the agent advised me to also include the addresses I stayed while I was on short-term vacations abroad (lasted 20 - 30 days), using the address of the place I stayed the longest.
I find it not necessary to do that and don't want to include them, partly because I apply online and when I put them in, they appeared on top of the list of my addresses, even above my current address and I don't want to create any confusion. I know that I don't have to include the addresses on vacation, but the agent insisted that I should write them down, based on her experience consulting other applicants.
What is your experience in this matter? Please let me know. Thank you.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone,
I used a free consultant service (legit place, funded by the provincial government) to help check my application form. When it comes to all the addresses inside and outside of Canada, the agent advised me to also include the addresses I stayed while I was on short-term vacations abroad (lasted 20 - 30 days), using the address of the place I stayed the longest.
I find it not necessary to do that and don't want to include them, partly because I apply online and when I put them in, they appeared on top of the list of my addresses, even above my current address and I don't want to create any confusion. I know that I don't have to include the addresses on vacation, but the agent insisted that I should write them down, based on her experience consulting other applicants.
What is your experience in this matter? Please let me know. Thank you.
you don’t need to mention the addresses which you stated when you travelled outside of Canada for short term visits

Reactions: Vinami

Jenniffer

Aug 8, 2023
hola a todos
Me pueden ayudar con ciertas preguntas que no me quedan claras por favor, estoy ayudando a una amiga que es de Siria, ella no sabe manejar mucho esto del foro, su pasaporte esta caducado, ya es residente permanente
1.- Puede solicitar la ciudadanía solo con la tarjeta de residente permanente o necesita renovar su pasaporte
2. Si tuviera que renovar su pasaporte, ¿dónde podría hacerlo, porque el consulado sirio dice que no renuevan pasaportes?
3.- Tendría que hacerlo online, de ser así cuanto dura o tendría que viajar a su país para renovarlo?
Muchas gracias por su ayuda y su atención. Agradezco su pronta asesoría.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
hola a todos
Me pueden ayudar con ciertas preguntas que no me quedan claras por favor, estoy ayudando a una amiga que es de Siria, ella no sabe manejar mucho esto del foro, su pasaporte esta caducado, ya es residente permanente
1.- Puede solicitar la ciudadanía solo con la tarjeta de residente permanente o necesita renovar su pasaporte
2. Si tuviera que renovar su pasaporte, ¿dónde podría hacerlo, porque el consulado sirio dice que no renuevan pasaportes?
3.- Tendría que hacerlo online, de ser así cuanto dura o tendría que viajar a su país para renovarlo?
Muchas gracias por su ayuda y su atención. Agradezco su pronta asesoría.
1.- You can apply for citizenship only with the permanent resident card or you need to renew your passport
“Yes you can apply for citizenship with expired passport. You mention that because of pandemic and no immigrate travel requirement the passport was not renewed “

2. If you had to renew your passport, where could you do it, because the Syrian consulate says they don't renew passports?
“The above resolves the need for renew the passport”

Godsdaughter

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Please I need your advice.

According to the online physical calculator, I am eligible to apply for my Citizenship on August 31, 2023. I am an employee with the Government of Alberta and will like to know if I can apply using online application or paper application. I am asking this because it states that one cannot apply by paper if one spent his/her time abroad as a Crown servant and I was back home in Africa in 2018 on sick leave for 18 months. I was working for the government while I was away in my home country on sick leave but I did not spend time there working as a government worker nor was I on an official assignment for the government.

I appreciate your response.

Thank you.

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Hi Guys,
Need your help in 2 items
1- I scanned my photo and uploaded it, i know they prefer digital photo but if scanned image is 600 dpi thats fine right?
2- When answering for Q10 (a): Please list all addresses inside and outside of Canada during your entire five (5) year eligibility period.
I submitted my citizenship application a month ago and waiting for AOR. I did a mistake and entered 10 of feb as exit date from Malaysia, whereas i left Malaysia on 11 feb. the time period is continuous and there are no gaps, should i withdraw my application or file CSE?
Please advise? Thank you
Regards