+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Online application;
What do you guys attach on the last page " optional documents" section? I know its optional, but do you attach any supporting documents?

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
I did a fingerprint for a study permit 5 years ago,
wondering if they will ask me again for citizenship?

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
wondering,

in physical calculator in online application , it ask if permit extended
what does it mean ?

my wife renewed her permit after 2 years for a 1 year more WP

is it extension ?

faipakistan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
i have a question. i am canadian citizen and my wife is PR card holder.

My wife has 6 months left to complete 1095 days. she has moved with me to USA. So i need to know does she need to come back and complete her 6 months or can she apply based on the reason that her spouse has moved to USA.

any help or advise will be really appreciated.

user123456

Jul 23, 2023
Hello everyone! I'm filling out the form right now, and I'm a bit stuck on question #11.

1. I work for company that is located in US, but I work remotely from home. Should I put my home address as an address for this employment since I'm physically in Canada, or should it be an employer address?

2. My husband worked for one company remotely, but we switched home addresses during that employment period (moved from Montreal to Vancouver). Should we mention both home addresses for this employment, or should it be an employer address? (guess it'a basically the same question as the first one, but I'm confused if we have to mention multiple addresses in case we need to write the home address for remote work)

3. I started my small business, but it's still at the very early stage (I don't earn anything from it and don't even sell anything yet). Should I list it in the employment list? I'm doing it a side hustle, and I have a full-time job at the same time, and I have all 5 year period covered. It's a registered corporation, if it helps to answer the question.

Hope someone can help me with these questions! Thanks! :)

Jun 1, 2019
Hi all

I still have not received my paper-based certificate. It is after 2 weeks of oath. I need it for my travel. What can I do? Thanks for your help
Hi there! Is it possible for you to share with us the timeline of your citizenship application? I have submitted my application on July 8, 2023 and would like to know some key dates/checkpoints so that I am prepared.

Thanks,

aliahmed_aa

Sep 20, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
None
Hi,
I stayed in a basement of a family friend for the 1st year I arrived in Canada in July2018.
I have been asked to submit Rental agreement, leases or mortgage documents for the eligibility period.

What should I submit?

Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi,
I stayed in a basement of a family friend for the 1st year I arrived in Canada in July2018.
I have been asked to submit Rental agreement, leases or mortgage documents for the eligibility period.

What should I submit?

Thanks
You submit either and/or include Utility bill like internet, phone, hydro along with your supporting documents

garbimba

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
i have a question. i am canadian citizen and my wife is PR card holder.

My wife has 6 months left to complete 1095 days. she has moved with me to USA. So i need to know does she need to come back and complete her 6 months or can she apply based on the reason that her spouse has moved to USA.

any help or advise will be really appreciated.
Unless you're a crown servant, or Canadian military working in the US, then she needs to comeback to Canada and be physically present here to qualify for Canadian citizenship.

Reactions: faipakistan

iamalazyperson

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hello all,
I am applying online. I am not sure about some of the questions. Hope you guys can help.
1) List all of your travel documents or passports covering your 5-year eligibility period.

Do I need to upload any study/ work permits from Canada ? Are those permits considered as travel document ? Or I just need to upload my passports

2) Upload the passport biographical page

I have one bio page that includes my name, photo, date and place of birth, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date. Do I need to upload the signature page? It is separate page with all emergency contacts.

3) List all addresses inside and outside of Canada during your entire 5-year eligibility period.
If I live in my current address from 2016, should I write it Oct 2016- present, or July 27 2018 - present (the exact 5 year period)

Thank you for the reply!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello all,
I am applying online. I am not sure about some of the questions. Hope you guys can help.
1) List all of your travel documents or passports covering your 5-year eligibility period.

Do I need to upload any study/ work permits from Canada ? Are those permits considered as travel document ? Or I just need to upload my passports

2) Upload the passport biographical page

I have one bio page that includes my name, photo, date and place of birth, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date. Do I need to upload the signature page? It is separate page with all emergency contacts.

3) List all addresses inside and outside of Canada during your entire 5-year eligibility period.
If I live in my current address from 2016, should I write it Oct 2016- present, or July 27 2018 - present (the exact 5 year period)

Thank you for the reply!
-Passports only
-Bio Page only
-Oct 2016… IRCC will not fine you for that :p

Reactions: iamalazyperson

Wzka

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi guys I have a qn.
I am having a hard time determining if I need police certificate from USA or not. For this
Q10 (b): In the past four (4) years, were you in a country or territory other than Canada for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18)?

Do I say yes or no. I lived in the USA for 10 years got PR 2019 May then left US September 9 and did my first landing. So the four years falls in between me being in the US and Canada. If I answer yes would I need to provide FBI clearance??????