+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi, I am applying citizenship online and can someone please help me with the below question.

Do I need to make an entry of my USA visitor visa start date and end date as well ?

* Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, I am applying citizenship online and can someone please help me with the below question.

Do I need to make an entry of my USA visitor visa start date and end date as well ?

* Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?
Yes

Reactions: Zay11

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
Hi

Q1:

I had a work permit, which has been extended for a year
in the original work permit dates are:

2020/08/08
2021/08/08

but the renewal document is

2021/07/08
2022/09/10

As you can see I applied a few months sooner to get a renewal, so the dates are crossing.

in the application when it asked what was the expiry date; should I mention the original "Document" expiry date OR starting date of the renewal document?

---

Q2:

post-graduation work permit is :

1- Temporary foreign worker ??

or

2- Temporary resident status?

Last edited:

vik222512

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
hi all, starting my citizenship application soon and would like to confirm one thing - myself, my wife and my India born son (8Y) we all are Permanent residents. What would be the correct way of applying - could i start a family application online including my son or it has to be a paper application for all three of us since we want to apply together? Thank you.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
hi all, starting my citizenship application soon and would like to confirm one thing - myself, my wife and my India born son (8Y) we all are Permanent residents. What would be the correct way of applying - could i start a family application online including my son or it has to be a paper application for all three of us since we want to apply together? Thank you.
You can apply online as a group application

Reactions: vik222512

A R

Oct 28, 2020
hello all,

I have a question regarding my citizenship application, I have enough Physical presence days(1095 days) to be eligible for applying citizenship.

I came to Canada as an International Student and later got my open work permit and then PR , my wife and son joined me later and their eligible days to apply citizenship would fall next year.

Is it possible to include my son while I apply for my citizenship or is there any physical presence requirement for kids who are less than 18 years old?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
hello all,

I have a question regarding my citizenship application, I have enough Physical presence days(1095 days) to be eligible for applying citizenship.

I came to Canada as an International Student and later got my open work permit and then PR , my wife and son joined me later and their eligible days to apply citizenship would fall next year.

Is it possible to include my son while I apply for my citizenship or is there any physical presence requirement for kids who are less than 18 years old?
Yes you can apply with your son using section Minor 5(2) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/minors.html

Reactions: A R

Jenniffer

Aug 8, 2023
1.- You can apply for citizenship only with the permanent resident card or you need to renew your passport
“Yes you can apply for citizenship with expired passport. You mention that because of pandemic and no immigrate travel requirement the passport was not renewed “

2. If you had to renew your passport, where could you do it, because the Syrian consulate says they don't renew passports?
“The above resolves the need for renew the passport”
Thank you very much I am glad to know that you can apply for citizenship with an expired passport
I have one last question where and how you can start the process for citizenship, the process can be online or in person
Thank you in advance for your help in answering my questions.

Jenniffer

Aug 8, 2023
1.- You can apply for citizenship only with the permanent resident card or you need to renew your passport
“Yes you can apply for citizenship with expired passport. You mention that because of pandemic and no immigrate travel requirement the passport was not renewed “

2. If you had to renew your passport, where could you do it, because the Syrian consulate says they don't renew passports?
“The above resolves the need for renew the passport”
Thank you very much I am glad to know that you can apply for citizenship with an expired passport
I have one last question where and how you can start the process for citizenship, the process can be online or in person
Thank you in advance for your help in answering my questions.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

kumarfrmdel

Dec 12, 2017
Hello All,

I am applying for citizenship online for 3 (me, my wife and my son). I have 3 quick questions on the application, if anyone could please help.

1) Q13 is about immigration or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada?
I understand that we even have to mention all visitor/tourist visas here. Now my father was in the travel industry and we have traveled "a lot" starting my early childhood, even in those days when children's names used to be in mother's passport. Do I have to mention about each and every trip/visa here since birth.

2) Q4(g) - Place of birth city/town?
I see as per citizenship guide I have to mention it exactly as mentioned in my passport. But this thread talks about keeping it the same as COPR. Now the place of birth in my passport is "Gurgaon, Haryana' and in COPR is just "Gurgaon". Should I keep it as per passport or as per COPR.

3) We created two online IDs for citizenship applications, one for me and and one for my wife and minor son 5(2). We plan to submit both this month and also don't plan to merge the two applications. Now my kid's application has a Q7(e) - Indicate whether the parent will be submitting an application with the minor’s application - I am thinking it should be Yes for my wife and No for me. Please advice.

Thanks in advance!!

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello All,

I am applying for citizenship online for 3 (me, my wife and my son). I have 3 quick questions on the application, if anyone could please help.

1) Q13 is about immigration or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada?
I understand that we even have to mention all visitor/tourist visas here. Now my father was in the travel industry and we have traveled "a lot" starting my early childhood, even in those days when children's names used to be in mother's passport. Do I have to mention about each and every trip/visa here since birth.

2) Q4(g) - Place of birth city/town?
I see as per citizenship guide I have to mention it exactly as mentioned in my passport. But this thread talks about keeping it the same as COPR. Now the place of birth in my passport is "Gurgaon, Haryana' and in COPR is just "Gurgaon". Should I keep it as per passport or as per COPR.

3) We created two online IDs for citizenship applications, one for me and and one for my wife and minor son 5(2). We plan to submit both this month and also don't plan to merge the two applications. Now my kid's application has a Q7(e) - Indicate whether the parent will be submitting an application with the minor’s application - I am thinking it should be Yes for my wife and No for me. Please advice.

Thanks in advance!!
1) IRCC doesn't need your travels and visitors visas. Some people add them but it's overkill. Feel free to skip and only list the countries where you actually lived and the status you had in those.

2) Doesn't matter, both are fine. Just pick one randomly and go with it.

3) Well, yeah, since you already said the applications will be separate.

Reactions: kumarfrmdel