+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Hi, I am about to submit my citizenship application Online, I have a photo that print out because I am about to submit paper but I changed my mind. I tried to capture it via phone so I can upload on my account but its blured. Can anyone help me with this or someone is in the same situation. I also tried to scan via printer but still blurred. Thank you.

Can I take a picture via phone the paper one I got that a photographer took and upload it ?

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
My son is US born and we ge
Yes like it was mentioned in Example 1
I don’t think you need to attach the PCC in that case
After getting PR-
My kid renewed US passport and got a new one.
My spouse renewed India passport and got a new one.
In this case do we need to get a fresh PCC from respective countries?

The online questionnaire states "In the past 4 years, were you in a country or territory other than Canada for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18)?"
In this case our situation is we stayed in US < 183 days in the 4 year period. So we can give answer as NO?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
My son is US born and we ge

After getting PR-
My kid renewed US passport and got a new one.
My spouse renewed India passport and got a new one.
In this case do we need to get a fresh PCC from respective countries?

The online questionnaire states "In the past 4 years, were you in a country or territory other than Canada for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18)?"
In this case our situation is we stayed in US < 183 days in the 4 year period. So we can give answer as NO?
No you do not need to get a new PCC

Like it was quoted in the Example..

You lived in US for xx years (xxx days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to US after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from US, if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from US with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

Reactions: Z86

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
No you do not need to get a new PCC

Like it was quoted in the Example..

You lived in US for xx years (xxx days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to US after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from US, if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from US with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.
Thank you. This helps!

Reactions: abbas.pasha

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March &amp; 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Hi

I have submitted my Citizenship application online. Today I have received 2 emails. 01 is AOR,

2nd saying " You must provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18). If you cannot get a police certificate, please explain why. A police certificate or explanation for no certificate is required for your time spent in Pakistan"

Its not easy to get Police certificate from Pakistan as I'm in Canada for last 4 years. Has anyone else has received such requirement?

Please guide.

Thanks

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all
How is the citizenship exam? Is it hard, what should we read? There are lots of information in the book. can you advise?

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi, I am applying for my citizenship file. I have couple of doubts.

I became Canadian PR in 2019 May and keep on visiting India very frequently. But never spent more than 3 months in a row. Although, I have stayed in India for almost 1 year in these 4 years (almost 3 Months) each year.
1) Do I need Police Clearance Certificate from India ?
2) Do I need to mention my family (india) home address (where I have stayed during my visit) in address history?
3) about Question -> Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last 5 years, Tax Year 2022.
This means Tax filed in 2022 (for year 2021), right ? or tax for year 2022 filed in 2023 ?
4) Proof of Language- > Can I use Same Ielts Certificate which I used for my immigration file. I appeared for Test in 2018 ?

Thanks in Advance ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

I became Canadian PR in 2019 May and keep on visiting India very frequently. But never spent more than 3 months in a row. Although, I have stayed in India for almost 1 year in these 4 years (almost 3 Months) each year.
2) Do I need to mention my family (india) home address (where I have stayed during my visit) in address history?
3) about Question -> Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last 5 years, Tax Year 2022.
This means Tax filed in 2022 (for year 2021), right ? or tax for year 2022 filed in 2023 ?
4) Proof of Language- > Can I use Same Ielts Certificate which I used for my immigration file. I appeared for Test in 2018 ?

Thanks in Advance ?
3-2022 filled in 2023
4-You can use it. It's valid for citizenship application

Reactions: aman35

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Thanks in Advance ?
-PCC note required
-No need to mention address in India, you were just a visitor there
-Tax in 2022 will be filed for tax year 2021
Similarly Tax in 2023 will be filed for tax year 2022. If you have not filed taxes for 2022 so you can say Yes to required file taxes and No to filed taxes.
For previous year mostly ti should be Yes
-Yes, bindaas chalega, purana IELTS even if it is expired

Reactions: aman35

EU_2010

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
landed Mar 2014
Hi, thank you for this helpful post, I just renewed my PR card for the second time and want to apply for citizenship in the next 2 years.
I have a question regarding the proof that demonstrates adequate knowledge of English.

The below applies to me. My last test is from when I first started the PR application process, so from 2011 or 2012. I had to re-take it as the first test from 2008 was considered expired at the time.

"Photocopy of IELTS Test report
used for immigration (4 or higher in speaking and 4.5 or higher in listening is required) - EVEN IF IT IS EXPIRED"

From the above I understand this is fine but wanted to double-check. The last thing I want is to find out close to submitting the application that I need to renew the test. I have lived in Canada since 2010 with only short absences (maximum 1 month) if that makes a difference.

Could anyone who has gone through the process please help me?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi, thank you for this helpful post, I just renewed my PR card for the second time and want to apply for citizenship in the next 2 years.
I have a question regarding the proof that demonstrates adequate knowledge of English.

The below applies to me. My last test is from when I first started the PR application process, so from 2011 or 2012. I had to re-take it as the first test from 2008 was considered expired at the time.

"Photocopy of IELTS Test report
used for immigration (4 or higher in speaking and 4.5 or higher in listening is required) - EVEN IF IT IS EXPIRED"

From the above I understand this is fine but wanted to double-check. The last thing I want is to find out close to submitting the application that I need to renew the test. I have lived in Canada since 2010 with only short absences (maximum 1 month) if that makes a difference.

Could anyone who has gone through the process please help me?
Yes you will be fine using the expired IELTS Test report.

Reactions: EU_2010