+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
For H1-B visas
Should we specify only the multiple visa entry and exit stamps in passport or
specify the actual visa issue and expiry dates.
also what about the gap in visa dates when the application was being processed in the back end.

wink

May 25, 2021
For H1-B visas
Should we specify only the multiple visa entry and exit stamps in passport or
specify the actual visa issue and expiry dates.
also what about the gap in visa dates when the application was being processed in the back end.
issued and expiry dates.

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
-PCC note required
-No need to mention address in India, you were just a visitor there
-Tax in 2022 will be filed for tax year 2021
Similarly Tax in 2023 will be filed for tax year 2022. If you have not filed taxes for 2022 so you can say Yes to required file taxes and No to filed taxes.
For previous year mostly ti should be Yes
-Yes, bindaas chalega, purana IELTS even if it is expired
Thank you :). I have one more question related to this.

answer of following question should be Yes, as I am a Indian Citizen ?

Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

Date obtained or effective date --> Date of Birth from Passport ?
End date -> Not Applicable ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

Either you can say At Present or Not Applicable

Casablanca93

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
I’m applying for Canadian citizen on July this year 2023 , does that mean I must have filed my tax from the years prior 2022 or 2021(and before ) thanks ! Please somebody help me

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Question 13.
Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)

red_bird08

Feb 29, 2020
If someone is working remotely for a foreign company outside of Canada but has filed Canadian income tax, is that an issue for citizenship?

ynardz

Nov 26, 2022
My daughter enter Canada as visitor then apply for visitor record. When I apply for PGWP I also applied for her study permit. What should I enter in Physical Presence Calculator for her stay in Canada as Student?

Should I choose Temporary Resident Permit Holder or Visitor?

Thanks

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
My daughter enter Canada as visitor then apply for visitor record. When I apply for PGWP I also applied for her study permit. What should I enter in Physical Presence Calculator for her stay in Canada as Student?

Should I choose Temporary Resident Permit Holder or Visitor?

Thanks
If your daughter is minor she is not required to provide physical presence calculation
It is only required for Adults

wink

May 25, 2021
This form and guide is for Permanent Residents, under 18 years of age, who do not have a Canadian parent or are not applying with their parent or legal guardian and wish to apply to become Canadian citizens on their own.

She is not applying with her parents?

ynardz

Nov 26, 2022
This form and guide is for Permanent Residents, under 18 years of age, who do not have a Canadian parent or are not applying with their parent or legal guardian and wish to apply to become Canadian citizens on their own.

She is not applying with her parents?
We're applying with our daughter.