+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Valid point, thank you. Given how much extended in time the whole process is, I agree I have to go through this paper forms pain ))). I wonder if there is any info on when the Online format will be available for groups with minors?
On the contrary paper applications tend to get more quicker than the online applications
2021 Applicants: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXCMs0mYtJZwYTTIH3LDmHK1tgK7yqAgQ5Jfyxv7BEI/edit#gid=1674299663
2022 Applicants: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit#gid=1316748968
2023 Applicants: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GZjxBlTxM-FC5b0riTWQetmW0DsPX7Bgt5QQ9HTbP7I/edit#gid=1316748968

Last edited:
Reactions: ElJack

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
PAPER or ONLINE APPLICATION ?

Guys, any suggestions what is the best way to apply for citizenship in regards with the processing time and movement of application. Which one do you recommend, PAPER BASED or ONLINE BASED ? Thank you.

Just crowdsourcing

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Guys I have been to 40 countries - I don't get it and it seems totally illogical to include all status including visa. I am lost here. What do I do. my application is ready and this question has made me super confused?

I have worked in Singapore and US and have also studied in US. So I was thinking of only including these 2 countries in the status. I don't know how to include visitor status especially for Europe when I have been to 20 countries there?

MJAB

Sep 11, 2017
Guys I have been to 40 countries - I don't get it and it seems totally illogical to include all status including visa. I am lost here. What do I do. my application is ready and this question has made me super confused?

I have worked in Singapore and US and have also studied in US. So I was thinking of only including these 2 countries in the status. I don't know how to include visitor status especially for Europe when I have been to 20 countries there?
Honestly, I was in the same dilemma. “Immigration” to me means either a resident visa or citizenship; not visit or work visas as they are under “non immigrant” class. So I only filled the countries I held a resident (PR, green card etc.) status in, not those that I have visited. Let’s see if there are any issues.

Reactions: Jaywalker

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Hi

I'm filling the citizenship application online. It is asking for "Language Proof", CLB with atleast 4 score. Can I submit the CLB Test result for the test I gave in year 2019? is it acceptable or Do i have to give it again.

Thanks
Yes. You do not have to do it again

Reactions: sk540

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Hi Guys,
I am preparing the documentation for applying next month. Have a few questions and appreciate any help.
1. Have they enabled online processing for parents to apply along with the kids or is it only paper based still?
2. I stayed in US for 6 years before moving to Canada on Work permit(Indian citizen) and then got PR here. Should I apply for PCC again from US ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Guys,
I am preparing the documentation for applying next month. Have a few questions and appreciate any help.
1. Have they enabled online processing for parents to apply along with the kids or is it only paper based still?
2. I stayed in US for 6 years before moving to Canada on Work permit(Indian citizen) and then got PR here. Should I apply for PCC again from US ?
1. They have enabled online for parents with kids.
2. If US comes in the 5 yr period you may need USA PCC.

Reactions: Z86

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Guys,
  1. Now you can apply along with the minor: https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing (It was updated only yesterday)
  2. If you have provided the US PCC at the time of PR and did not travel to US after, you can say Yes to that question and mention below that you provided the US PCC at the time of PR application...
Example 1

You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

• Love

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
  1. Now you can apply along with the minor: https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing (It was updated only yesterday)
  2. If you have provided the US PCC at the time of PR and did not travel to US after, you can say Yes to that question and mention below that you provided the US PCC at the time of PR application...
Example 1

You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html
Thank you very much for the details and links.
I have provided the US PCC at the time of PR(2020) application and did not travel to US after that. So can I mention the same as Yes to that question and attach the PCC obtained in 2020 or not required to attach ?

ynardz0210

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hi, a little background. my child entered canada as tourist then after 6 months applied for visitor records. When I got my PGWP, I applied student visa for her. Now, I am applying for our citizenship. What should I enter in physical presence calculator to get the 365 days additon for the physical presence in Canada. Is it visitor or temporary resident permit holder?

Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you very much for the details and links.
I have provided the US PCC at the time of PR(2020) application and did not travel to US after that. So can I mention the same as Yes to that question and attach the PCC obtained in 2020 or not required to attach ?
Yes like it was mentioned in Example 1
I don’t think you need to attach the PCC in that case

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, a little background. my child entered canada as tourist then after 6 months applied for visitor records. When I got my PGWP, I applied student visa for her. Now, I am applying for our citizenship. What should I enter in physical presence calculator to get the 365 days additon for the physical presence in Canada. Is it visitor or temporary resident permit holder?

Thanks
From what I know minor are not required to provide physical presence calculation
When we applied on paper as family in 2021, we did not include the PPC for the minors