+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
Any update on the timeline or average processing times for Citizenship application/Grant of citizenship? Any improvement?

rpatel08

Nov 10, 2021
Hi, I'm quite confused regarding the dates in the physical presence calculator. Let's say I'm submitting my application (Online) on Nov 14 which means I must be mentioning "Nov 13" in the calculator (Enter the date you will sign the application. If you do not know when you will sign the application or are only checking to see if you are eligible, enter today's date ).
But then, in the end, it says "Application Date is Nov 13" and your eligibility is 2016 Nov 12 to 2021 Nov 12

I'm assuming I must mention Nov14 in A-textbox(Enter the date you will sign the application. If you do not know when you will sign the application or are only checking to see if you are eligible, enter today's date ) if I want to submit the application on Nov14.

#2 is it ok to submit RCMP report along with the application?

Please advice

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, I'm quite confused regarding the dates in the physical presence calculator. Let's say I'm submitting my application (Online) on Nov 14 which means I must be mentioning "Nov 13" in the calculator (Enter the date you will sign the application. If you do not know when you will sign the application or are only checking to see if you are eligible, enter today's date ).
But then, in the end, it says "Application Date is Nov 13" and your eligibility is 2016 Nov 12 to 2021 Nov 12

I'm assuming I must mention Nov14 in A-textbox(Enter the date you will sign the application. If you do not know when you will sign the application or are only checking to see if you are eligible, enter today's date ) if I want to submit the application on Nov14.

#2 is it ok to submit RCMP report along with the application?

Please advice
Eligibility "To" date has to be one day before you sign/submit the application...

Reactions: rpatel08

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
i have already submitted the docs now.
any ways.
kid - i have submitted color copies of old and renewed copies (around 70 pages) + PR Card + Health Card...
Haven't submitted passport separately as ID but still 1 copy is there...
I am sorry, I did not answer you entire question accurately. I missed the kid's document.
However, must say, you went really very fast after asking the question; abbas.pasha's addition about the kid's documents came within an hour of my response. With an application as complex as this, people take months upon months checking and rechecking the application for errors before submitting.

Might I ask you something; did you submit the Document Checklist specific to Minors - CIT0008e with your application? This is different from the Document Checklist meant for adults(CIT 0007). And did you consult the official guide meant for minor's application submission, as there are many requirements mentioned there, specific to a minor's application?

In any case, I feel that you should be ok about the passport bio pages submission, since you actually have submitted the required pages.

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
i have already submitted the docs now.
any ways.
kid - i have submitted color copies of old and renewed copies (around 70 pages) + PR Card + Health Card...
Haven't submitted passport separately as ID but still 1 copy is there...
For your reference:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-as-id-for-minor-applications.735737/

@maddy044 have you received the AOR for you child's application - asking you specifically, because you had submitted your child's PR Card as ID proof? You response might help @gagzzz since he has also provided PR Card as ID for his child. Thank you.

Last edited:

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

question about pcc. My wife overlooked the how to get pcc Guide and asked her parents to get one from India now when I was going through the site and noticed there is nothing that says we can get it from back home and instead of bls Canada.
Just checking if cic will accept her pcc which we have ready and got from India?
Thoughts ?

rtsuisse

Mar 17, 2017
hi i have a tax related question - hoping to see if you guys maybe able to help? As I was completing my citizenship application, I realized I made a mistake on my 2020 return and will be sending the refiling soon but my accountant said it may take up to 4-6 weeks to get the reassessment. So my question is can I send my citizenship application immediately after filing the re-return or do i need to wait for the NOA which will likely push my citizenship application to next year?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hi i have a tax related question - hoping to see if you guys maybe able to help? As I was completing my citizenship application, I realized I made a mistake on my 2020 return and will be sending the refiling soon but my accountant said it may take up to 4-6 weeks to get the reassessment. So my question is can I send my citizenship application immediately after filing the re-return or do i need to wait for the NOA which will likely push my citizenship application to next year?
You don't have to wait IMO. As long as you 'filed' the return (whether it had a mistake in it or not is irrelevant IMO), you should be good to go.

Reactions: rtsuisse

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone,

question about pcc. My wife overlooked the how to get pcc Guide and asked her parents to get one from India now when I was going through the site and noticed there is nothing that says we can get it from back home and instead of bls Canada.
Just checking if cic will accept her pcc which we have ready and got from India?
Thoughts ?
How was the PCC issued without the applicant being physically present? Generally, for the purposes of Immigration, you'll have to apply to Passport Seva Kendra and receive your police certificate. PSK is the only organization that provides a geography and time neutral certificate (meaning the PCC issued by PSK is for ALL of India and for all time periods a person has stayed in the country).

The correct way would be to apply for a PSK here in Canada (through BLS) and then submit it.

Unless the PCC issued to your wife from India is somehow geography and time neutral, I would strongly recommend applying for a PCC here and then submit that.

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How was the PCC issued without the applicant being physically present? Generally, for the purposes of Immigration, you'll have to apply to Passport Seva Kendra and receive your police certificate. PSK is the only organization that provides a geography and time neutral certificate (meaning the PCC issued by PSK is for ALL of India and for all time periods a person has stayed in the country).

The correct way would be to apply for a PSK here in Canada (through BLS) and then submit it.

Unless the PCC issued to your wife from India is somehow geography and time neutral, I would strongly recommend applying for a PCC here and then submit that.
First if I would like to thank you for the feedback. I’m going to find out how and where they applied the pcc in Punjab and update you. Thanks Again

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

lyluk

Dec 21, 2014
Hi!

Great informative post! Thank you!
Just a question, I see in Part 4, it says:
  • NOTE 1: You CANNOT SUBMIT PR CARD AS AN IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT.
Just want to understand why?

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi!

Great informative post! Thank you!
Just a question, I see in Part 4, it says:
  • NOTE 1: You CANNOT SUBMIT PR CARD AS AN IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT.
Just want to understand why?

Thanks.
That was the requirement when I originally wrote the post (May, 2020). ALWAYS refer to the latest instructions on the IRCC website. This requirement has since been removed.

Reactions: lyluk

rpatel08

Nov 10, 2021
Hi, I skipped an address where I lived for very short time (3 months).
the only way the immigration officer can find this out is - if he compares the addresses and timeline with my PR application(applied in 2017)

is this an issue? should i withdraw application?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, I skipped an address where I lived for very short time (3 months).
the only way the immigration officer can find this out is - if he compares the addresses and timeline with my PR application(applied in 2017)

is this an issue? should i withdraw application?
Not a big enough mistake that warrants withdrawing the application. Once you receive AOR, you can let them know.

Good luck.

Reactions: rpatel08