+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application fees and Permanent Resident fees

Home_I_will_be

Jan 4, 2018
I filled out all of the applications online, then printed them out because I'm going to be sending them out in the mail.
How do I pay the fees, since I'm sending it through the mail, and not online??

I read the detailed check list and it says to not send a bank or personal cheque because it wont be accepted.

It also says that payment has to be submitted before the application is processed....so....if I go to the payment section online, if it just asks for my name and credit card..... how does it link that payment to my form?
Unless it has a printout I attach?

Thank you

I want to be prepared when I go on the payment page and not no what to do.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
You will be able to print a receipt (proof of payment) after you make the payment. That receipt is what you need to send along with your application. Good Luck!

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
If this is applicable to your situation, you'll want to make sure you pay enough fees for the Open Work Permit if you have also applied for one of those.

Home_I_will_be

Jan 4, 2018
We have a dependent that is on our application, but not coming... Do we pay her fee as well, and they refund us? Or do we just pay fees for my husband who I’m sponsoring??
Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We have a dependent that is on our application, but not coming... Do we pay her fee as well, and they refund us? Or do we just pay fees for my husband who I’m sponsoring??
Thank you
You don't pay fees for non-accompanying dependents.

Home_I_will_be

Jan 4, 2018
It should tate on the checklist if photos are required or not.
When I went through the visa process as a fiance to live in the US, I had to go pick up a sealed envelope at immigration. I showed it at the border, and they opened it. it, I was approved, and could cross the border. I couldn't leave the US until my green card came in, and then I applied for a SSN. How is this different with me sponsoring my husband into Canada??

I'm applying for outland, family, for my american husband.

What I actually want to know is......will we have to pick up a sealed envelope that we have to show at the border and they open?
Will he have to wait a period of time to get a visa in the mail?
When can he apply for a SIN?

Thank you. I'm hoping that others who have gone through this, already know the process.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
When I went through the visa process as a fiance to live in the US, I had to go pick up a sealed envelope at immigration. I showed it at the border, and they opened it. it, I was approved, and could cross the border. I couldn't leave the US until my green card came in, and then I applied for a SSN. How is this different with me sponsoring my husband into Canada??

I'm applying for outland, family, for my american husband.

What I actually want to know is......will we have to pick up a sealed envelope that we have to show at the border and they open?
Will he have to wait a period of time to get a visa in the mail?
When can he apply for a SIN?

Thank you. I'm hoping that others who have gone through this, already know the process.
If applying outland, his COPR will be mailed to him. He can then land at the Canada-US border, when entering Canada from an international flight or by appointment if already in Canada.

If applying inland, he will be called ti an appointment at an iffice to land or will do a telephone landing.

As soon as he lands, he is a PR and can apply for a SIN. Takes a few months for the PR card to arrive.

Home_I_will_be

Jan 4, 2018
If applying outland, his COPR will be mailed to him. He can then land at the Canada-US border, when entering Canada from an international flight or by appointment if already in Canada.

If applying inland, he will be called ti an appointment at an iffice to land or will do a telephone landing.

As soon as he lands, he is a PR and can apply for a SIN. Takes a few months for the PR card to arrive.
We will be driving to the border. We live 10 minutes away. Do we just drive to the border anytime after he gets his papers? Or is an appointment needed?

We will have a uhaul truck full of stuff. Should we wait and come back and get our things?

If it takes a few months for his card to come in, what does he show at the border, both sides? He works in the US and needs to cross morning and evening every day?

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We will be driving to the border. We live 10 minutes away. Do we just drive to the border anytime after he gets his papers? Or is an appointment needed?

We will have a uhaul truck full of stuff. Should we wait and come back and get our things?

If it takes a few months for his card to come in, what does he show at the border, both sides? He works in the US and needs to cross morning and evening every day?

Thank you
You don't need an appointment at the border.

Up to you whether you want to take your stuff or not.

He can enter Canada with just his passport. They will see his PR status in the system.