+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application & Fee returned to me today

sks7

Aug 17, 2009
Hi all.

I received today my application and Fee by post. The CIO Sydney despatched packet to me on 27.05.2009 as stamped by Canadian post on the envelop. It is delivered to me today. Is this so slow postage system i.e. 11 weeks it took for delivery a packet from NS to UK,India ?

2ndly The covering letter by CIO NS as written to me states below:

We have received your application for Permanent residence in Canada in the Family Class.

However, only Federal Skilled Worker applications can be submitted to CPC Sydney. We are therefore returning your application and fee as well as any other documents you may have included. For more information on submitting your application in the above mentioned calass, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

Please refer to http:/www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/application-regular.asp#visa_office to determine to which visa office you should submit your application.

Field12
Case processing Centre
Sydney, Nova Scotia.

So, that were the contents of the letter. I have enclosed each and every certificates of my educational qualifications and experience letter from my employer. The description of experience letter was matching 80% duties against NOC 0111 & 1111.

Friends please advise what could be the reasons..........please.

Regards,

Ksunandan

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry to hear that they returned ur application.

however, i think where it says '''in which category u r applying''' , u might have ticked / indicated any other category than federal skilled worker category. please check the returned application.

sks7

Aug 17, 2009
Boss,

It is family class category ticked. I had enclosed a covering letter too which indicated " Principal applicant under FSW Category and explained in the letter the enclosures: I ,2,3,4,5, likewise.

As per my observation: they must write where I am lacking or they are not satisfied with any of my eligibility assessment.

But it could have been understood from my covering letter too.

sks7

Aug 17, 2009
Dear

I had planned to land in sept 2010 so that my child can be admitted in some engineering college in winter session. May I try again or should I hire a consultant ? Likewise it is taking three months to deliver a packet by India to Canada or vice versa, should I hope that my case shall be processed within 12 months?

Please advise quickly as I am under tension as of now.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sks7 said:
Hi all.

I received today my application and Fee by post. The CIO Sydney despatched packet to me on 27.05.2009 as stamped by Canadian post on the envelop. It is delivered to me today. Is this so slow postage system i.e. 11 weeks it took for delivery a packet from NS to UK,India ?

2ndly The covering letter by CIO NS as written to me states below:

We have received your application for Permanent residence in Canada in the Family Class.

However, only Federal Skilled Worker applications can be submitted to CPC Sydney. We are therefore returning your application and fee as well as any other documents you may have included. For more information on submitting your application in the above mentioned calass, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

Please refer to http:/www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/application-regular.asp#visa_office to determine to which visa office you should submit your application.

Field12
Case processing Centre
Sydney, Nova Scotia.

So, that were the contents of the letter. I have enclosed each and every certificates of my educational qualifications and experience letter from my employer. The description of experience letter was matching 80% duties against NOC 0111 & 1111.

Friends please advise what could be the reasons..........please.

Regards,

Ksunandan

Hey Ksunandan,

Your case has not been rejected Man. From the contents of the letter above, You submitted your case to the wrong office. They have returned your application and refunded your fees and also advised you to send it to the appropriate office. I have highlighted it above.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi sks7,

Federal Skilled Worker applications are ECONOMIC CLASS, not family class. You can try to re-submit your application to CIO with the correct box marked.

Given this error, however, I would strongly recommend that you re-read all the instructions thoroughly and try to ensure that you don't have any other errors in your application that would cause it to be returned again.

Also note that the instruction guides are updated frequently - be sure that your application meets all the requirements of the most recent version available on the CIC website.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
i am surprised to see that it tok 2+ months for mail delivery.

Regular email should take 3-4 weeks but more than two months is awful.

Manishj2ee

Dec 4, 2008
Hi Dear,

I am feeling very sad to hear this, with me also happened the same thing. I have applied in FSW category and they returned my application fees 1100 $ CAD to me without giving any reason. I got only check of 1100 and didn't get any explanation for rejection. I also sent a fax to them but still no update. I don't know what to do now ??

Regards,
Man

charmeuse

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10, 2008
AOR Received.
September 3, 2008
Med's Request
December 12, 2009
Med's Done....
December 24, 2009
Interview........
November 9, 2009
Passport Req..
December 12, 2009. Recd. by CHC on Jan 15, 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2010. E-cas status changed on 9 Feb, recd on 10 Feb.
LANDED..........
Smooth landing on June 26, 2010.
@sks7, can you please clearly your case? From what I understand, you ticked the Family class in error even though you were applying as Economic class/FSW. Or did you tick the Family class because your spouse was the primary applicant in FSW? It's a bit confusing.

Anyway, your application was returned because they got the impression that you are a Family class applicant and those applications are not processed at CIO, Sydney. They may or may not read the cover letter. It's our duty to correctly fill in the forms.

This doesn't mean you have to hire a consultant unless your case has any other complications. You can double-check everything and apply again. Unfortunately, given the time that it now takes for the entire process to complete in ND CHC, I don't think your plans for your child's education in September 2010 will work out. Sorry about that.