Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Re: Application Cancelled (wrongly?) - Indian PCC

Have you visited India after getting the PCC?

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017

s_spiff said:
That is correct.
Are you sure did you upload your PCC? did you confirm after uploading, because in your statement it says you not provided PCC,so

pk84

May 7, 2012

s_spiff said:
I submitted my Application on January 31st. eAOR January 31'st.

Last updated status: Medicals Passed. BG: Next step is to conduct a background check.

Based on the status, I guess I was going through R10 phase. I got a letter from CIC today that my application was cancelled because it was found incomplete. Specifically the Indian PCC.
The PCC issued to us by SFO Consulate was of the format:

"PCC Certified that there is no adverse information in respect of <Name> holder of Indian passport no. <pasport number> issued at Mumbai on 01-Jan-2008 for the period he stayed in India, which will render him ineligible for the grant of Tavel facilities including visa for Canada"

Bot myself and the dependent have similar letters. We had PCC's from two countries - USA FBI (country of residence) and Indian PCC.

Letter from CIC says the following:
"Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Police Certificate:
o Your Police certificate from India was not provided. This document is required based on address/background history from January 2006 to July 2009. It appears you resided six months or more in that country.
NOTE: You did not provide a letter of explanation and proof of submission for this Police Certificate.
Note: As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived for a total of six months or more, since the age of 18.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete."

Was my application mistakenly cancelled? Is there a way to bring it to their attention and reopen my case? If so, how do I go about it? I've seen people mention Case Specific Enquiry.
Bro...let me give my 2 cents on this, as what my consultant advised on this. So, if you belong from a metro town in India, you should request PCC from that particular metro along with the Embassy in US. See there is a fine line..I grew up in 2 different metros in India, my consultant asked me to get PCC from both the town's local police officer...The certificate from Embassy is mostly like a "Clearance Certificate" that as of now you dont have any cases pending in India..whereas PCC from local thana in India, states if you have ever been involved in any criminal activities while you resided at that particular address.

Mostly a difference between "Static" and "Dynamic"..one tells you that "as of now, you are clear", other tells you "you didnt do anything wrong while u resided there"...hope it helps. I paid Y-Axis to get my PCC procedure done in India..guess they asked like 15k or so in rupees.

Thanks

uzumaki

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
Nomination.....
30-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2017

If I am you, I will do the below:

Get an additional PCC with the line "Police Clearance Certificate" in it and get a letter(Unlikely they provide one) from SFO consulate that they had given the old one and provided a revised one.

Raise a CSE with LOE and new PCC. If they do not accept to reopen Application. Create an additional Express Entry profile and wait for ITA.
By the way, what is your CRS ?

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017

Ok I got my PCC too from the SFO consulate. But I have specific questions and want to study your case.

1. While applying for Indian PCC, did you mention anywhere that it was for Canadian immigration purpose ?
2. Did you get all the supporting documents when your statement notarized ? ( as direct document notarization in banned in California )
3. What all docs did you send when you had applied for Indian PCC.

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017

My app was refused due to no job duties mentioned, as Canadian work experience, I submitted pay stubs, T4, NOA, ROE, and also job contract as per CIC guideline, eventhough they rejected......what the hell....

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada

pk84 said:
Bro...let me give my 2 cents on this, as what my consultant advised on this. So, if you belong from a metro town in India, you should request PCC from that particular metro along with the Embassy in US. See there is a fine line..I grew up in 2 different metros in India, my consultant asked me to get PCC from both the town's local police officer...The certificate from Embassy is mostly like a "Clearance Certificate" that as of now you dont have any cases pending in India..whereas PCC from local thana in India, states if you have ever been involved in any criminal activities while you resided at that particular address.

Mostly a difference between "Static" and "Dynamic"..one tells you that "as of now, you are clear", other tells you "you didnt do anything wrong while u resided there"...hope it helps. I paid Y-Axis to get my PCC procedure done in India..guess they asked like 15k or so in rupees.

Thanks
You need to get rid of your consultant. You need only 1 PCC from each country.

s_spiff

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016

uzumaki said:
If I am you, I will do the below:

Get an additional PCC with the line "Police Clearance Certificate" in it and get a letter(Unlikely they provide one) from SFO consulate that they had given the old one and provided a revised one.

Raise a CSE with LOE and new PCC. If they do not accept to reopen Application. Create an additional Express Entry profile and wait for ITA.
By the way, what is your CRS ?
The PCC I send did have 'police clearance certificate ' printed in bold on top. CRS is above 450. Can you point me to a link that explains how t raise a CSE?

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I really shocked to hear about your case. I believe SFO Consulate too stamps on your passport saying PCC has been issued (Observation).

pk84

May 7, 2012

Maverick28 said:
You need to get rid of your consultant. You need only 1 PCC from each country.
Brother , why are you agitated, did you have a rough day :)

This is an open forum to give advise..take it or leave it..that's why always take advise with a pinch of salt.

Hope your remainder of day keeps you calm...chill

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada

s_spiff said:
The PCC I send did have 'police clearance certificate ' printed in bold on top. CRS is above 450. Can you point me to a link that explains how t raise a CSE?
Did the consulate stamp your passport stating something like PCC issued for Canada? I have read that usually they stamp your passport after issuing a PCC.

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017

pk84 said:

Thanks
Sorry but I would say you have a bad consultant. Indians living abroad get PCC from the Indian Consulates from that particulate foreign country. That is the whole purpose of Consulates/Embassy s in foreign countries.
And yes you just need 1 PCC that is issued by your consulate. you DO NOT need another one from your home country.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada

pk84 said:
Brother , why are you agitated, did you have a rough day :)

This is an open forum to give advise..take it or leave it..that's why always take advise with a pinch of salt.

Hope your remainder of day keeps you calm...chill
You are welcome to give advice but do not give wrong information. The OP is having a serious issue here.

P.S. It just costs Rs. 500 to get a PCC in India. Your consultant came up with this BS story so that he can charge 15k from you.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016

pk84 said:

Thanks
Check this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

For people who live outside India, embassy is the only thing that is mentioned. They would use this as guideline for determining what PCC is needed.