Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Re: Application Cancelled (wrongly?) - Indian PCC

ashu1710 said:
Really sorry to hear this.

For a country other than your current country of residence, the PCC must be issued after the last time you lived in said country. Your PCC was issued in 2008 but you indicated that you lived in India till 2009. Apply for a new PCC from the Indian consulate and apply again.

All the best.
The passport was issued in 2008, not the PCC

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017

You got:

"PCC Certified that there is no adverse information in respect of <Name> holder of Indian passport no. <pasport number> issued at Mumbai on 01-Jan-2008 for the period he stayed in India, which will render him ineligible for the grant of Travel facilities including visa for Canada"

typically we get:
for the grant of immigration/Travel facilities including visa for Canada

Is this the issue? the word immigration missing ?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

Srushti said:
I applied for my Indian PCC in California. Nowhere in the form, there was a space I could mention that the intent for PCC was migration to Canada. Will that be an issue ?
I'm in the same boat as you. Once I get my PPR i can advise. The form I filled when applying for the PCC had options to tick - immigration, tourism and job and to write the name of the country. I selected immigration and the country is Canada.

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017

adanac_ati said:
You got:

"PCC Certified that there is no adverse information in respect of <Name> holder of Indian passport no. <pasport number> issued at Mumbai on 01-Jan-2008 for the period he stayed in India, which will render him ineligible for the grant of Travel facilities including visa for Canada"

typically we get:

Also i noticed i do not have the words for the period he stayed in India in my PCC.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016

adanac_ati said:
Also i noticed i do not have the words for the period he stayed in India in my PCC.
No, I think the word "immigration" is not the issue. It's the presence of "for the period he stayed in India" that's causing an issue. Note that there's a specific period mentioned in the refusal letter.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017

adanac_ati said:
You got:

typically we get:

Hey mine does not state " for the grant of immigration/Travel facilities including visa for Canada " .

Do you think I should get this changed?

Gary998

Sep 30, 2015

Hello everyone,
I am in Canada from past 3 years. I got ITA and I m gathering all documents. I am confused whether I need a fingerprint based police clearance certificate for Canada or just simple police clearance certificate based on name and date of birth(without fingerprints)?
Thanks

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

ashu1710 said:
No, I think the word "immigration" is not the issue. It's the presence of "for the period he stayed in India" that's causing an issue.
My PCC does not have the period thing stated either. I just checked with a friend in Canada what his PCC looked like and it was just like mine without the period of stay and he got PR a year ago.

eeprofilehelp

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
CEC

Gary998 said:
Hello everyone,
I am in Canada from past 3 years. I got ITA and I m gathering all documents. I am confused whether I need a fingerprint based police clearance certificate for Canada or just simple police clearance certificate based on name and date of birth(without fingerprints)?
Thanks
You don't need one for Canada. But if you wish to you can do the fingerprint based as it will be more accurate then the name based verification.

ritchie_v

May 3, 2016
United States of A
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017

adanac_ati said:
You got:

typically we get:

Nope.... Mine doesnt have "immigration" in PCC.... My criminality check done... R10 cleared.

I guess there is a genuine error on CIC part OR u r hiding something. If the PCC was issued in October 2016, there is absolutely no reason for them to cancel your application.

Besides, they have clearly mentioned that Indian PCC not submitted - I recommend calling them and sending email.... Find out what is going on.

Take care and all the best!

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016

ritchie_v said:
Nope.... Mine doesnt have "immigration" in PCC.... My criminality check done... R10 cleared.

I guess there is a genuine error on CIC part OR u r hiding something. If the PCC was issued in October 2016, there is absolutely no reason for them to cancel your application.

Besides, they have clearly mentioned that Indian PCC not submitted - I recommend calling them and sending email.... Find out what is going on.

Take care and all the best!

Exactly. The refusal clearly states that the PCC is not there, not that the PCC is of the incorrect type or for the incorrect period. OP, are you sure you've uploaded the PCC? Double check the file you uploaded.

oldenuf

Mar 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2017

man.. looks like its a cic goof up ! if you are sure that you uploaded indian pcc ... i guess you have a chance !email them... call them and raise a CSE!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016

Can someone let me know what is residency as per CIC terms?

My spouse stayed in India from Jan 2016 to Aug 2016. She was in US prior to that, and after that as well (so far). Can US be called her residence or not as of today? I haven't submitted my application, but this post made quite concerned on PCC. We got Indian PCC on Feb 21, and FBI PCC on March 3, and I would be submitting the application next week.

Same with me. I stayed in India from Jan 2016 to April 2016, and then Jun 2016 to end of June 2016, and after that I am in US. My PCCs are dated same as my spouse.

I am really confused if CIC would mix match the residence/origin.

ritchie_v

May 3, 2016
United States of A
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017

pk84 said:
Bro...let me give my 2 cents on this, as what my consultant advised on this. So, if you belong from a metro town in India, you should request PCC from that particular metro along with the Embassy in US. See there is a fine line..I grew up in 2 different metros in India, my consultant asked me to get PCC from both the town's local police officer...The certificate from Embassy is mostly like a "Clearance Certificate" that as of now you dont have any cases pending in India..whereas PCC from local thana in India, states if you have ever been involved in any criminal activities while you resided at that particular address.

Mostly a difference between "Static" and "Dynamic"..one tells you that "as of now, you are clear", other tells you "you didnt do anything wrong while u resided there"...hope it helps. I paid Y-Axis to get my PCC procedure done in India..guess they asked like 15k or so in rupees.

Thanks
My 2 cents - ur consultant is an idiot!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada

ashu1710 said:
No, I think the word "immigration" is not the issue. It's the presence of "for the period he stayed in India" that's causing an issue. Note that there's a specific period mentioned in the refusal letter.
I don't think that PCC has the duration of your stay mentioned specifically. I have seen Indian PCC as well as PCC issued by FBI in USA. Both of them just state that there is no criminal activity or adverse information.