+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLICANTS --> September intake---> 2013----> PAKISTAN---> Islamabad CIC

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
fkl said:
Once you get a medical call, try going IN PERSON to IOM and explain this. Do this before asking the embassy.

May be some one in position to allow this would take pity and help out.
Mercy is the word fkl. I will try all the ways possible. I am always so careful about things fkl and I missed out on such an important thing.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Well yes you are right. But it extends much further beyond this.

For a paper based applicant, imagine your entire package being lost for some weird reason. Embassy already claims no responsibility and this is possible.

For a student or other short term visas (whose processing times are not long), this is less likely - and less of hassle. But in case of professional immigration where people typically are 'in process' for years, this does happen often. I know at least one family WHO ARE STILL IN PROCESS for little over 3 years where embassy at one point lost their originals. The pricipal applicant, had to get duplicates of all of his original docs.

Imagine this for a second, specially if you are not a student. You have lots of originals in there, all of your degrees! obtained from many institutions God knows how many years ago. Job experience letters, police certificates, passports and the list goes on.

Online process is much better in this regard as well i.e. bare minimum originals required and therefore less risk.

But when you have no other choice, the least is to always keep a copy, better yet, scanned originals so you could get as many copies as need. Plus if you are like me, digital data is less likely to be lost than physical one. You always have some kinda duplicate in some sent email / back up hard disk for digital one.

shahzaman1984

Aug 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-02-2013
Med's Request
26-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Well I committed the same mistake while submitting my application. Though I had scanned copies of all originals submitted to CHC, I somehow forgot to get my passport scanned. Neither did I have its photocopy. But the Almighty is very kind on all of us. While thinking of all possible actions, I realized that sometime back I had emailed a copy of my PP to a friend of mine. And there was it the email stored in sent email folder of my yahoo account.

So check your email folders as well.

Hope this might help!

UVic

Jun 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2013
AoA,

You guyz may include my details in your worksheet.
I got my visa today (26 June). I applied with Paper based application to CHC ISB and gave medical on 18 June. My program is MEng at University of Victoria.

fahad081

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 31st, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15th, 2016
Med's Request
Noember 10th, 2016
Med's Done....
November 17th, 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 7th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2017
LANDED..........
21-April-2017
When u have applied

ned09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
sean1 said:
can i apply for student visa online from Pakistan ..i just got my acceptance letter from university of western Ontario, Canada ? i live in Lahore Pakistan .thanks
which program

MMX

Star Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dear All,
I had my medical today and they suspected something in my x-ray. I have been asked to give sputum for further analysis and then take x-ray again after 90 days. So, I can't get my visa for September session.

Any suggestions what I could do now?

Good Luck to all brothers/sisters for their visas.

fahad081

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 31st, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15th, 2016
Med's Request
Noember 10th, 2016
Med's Done....
November 17th, 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 7th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2017
LANDED..........
21-April-2017
AOA
Guyz I have applied for study permit on 19th June.
Today my uni have sent me a message and they say:

"Dear Incoming Graduate Student

In order to begin your studies, we will require a copy of your study permit or study permit approval letter AND a copy of your passport no later than August 16, 2013. If we do not receive these documents by the given deadline, your offer of admission will be rescinded and Teaching Assistantships (if applicable) will be cancelled.

Please respond to this email and let us know the current status of your study permit no later than July 5, 2013. Any updates after this date would be appreciated.

If you do not obtain your study permit and Canadian visa by the above date, you may request a deferral of admission to the next available term. Note that not all deferral requests are approved. Deferral requests should be made no later than August 16, 2013".

Now tell me brother what should I reply to them. Should I mail them my tracking no. and a scanned copy of receipt from VAC?
rply plz

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@fahad
Yaar I think you should mail them your complete status till now and scanned copies of all receipt and ask them to extend your date of admission-cancellation after this wait for there respones and act accordingly.

Also your mail should be made on the basis of long visa processing times in Pakistan.

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
UVic said:
AoA,

I got my visa today (26 June). I applied with Paper based application to CHC ISB and gave medical on 18 June. My program is MEng at University of Victoria.
Hey. Cngratss on your visa. U got the visa very quickly. Greatt..,
I have also got admisn in uvic meng. Ur in which dept? And when wil u go? Flyt? And wil u tel abt urself? Info.....

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
fkl said:
Well yes you are right. But it extends much further beyond this.

For a paper based applicant, imagine your entire package being lost for some weird reason. Embassy already claims no responsibility and this is possible.

For a student or other short term visas (whose processing times are not long), this is less likely - and less of hassle. But in case of professional immigration where people typically are 'in process' for years, this does happen often. I know at least one family WHO ARE STILL IN PROCESS for little over 3 years where embassy at one point lost their originals. The pricipal applicant, had to get duplicates of all of his original docs.

Imagine this for a second, specially if you are not a student. You have lots of originals in there, all of your degrees! obtained from many institutions God knows how many years ago. Job experience letters, police certificates, passports and the list goes on.

Online process is much better in this regard as well i.e. bare minimum originals required and therefore less risk.

But when you have no other choice, the least is to always keep a copy, better yet, scanned originals so you could get as many copies as need. Plus if you are like me, digital data is less likely to be lost than physical one. You always have some kinda duplicate in some sent email / back up hard disk for digital one.
Oh gosh that is something fkl. Yup true always keep a copy of every document, including a soft and hard copy. I have learned my lesson fkl. I am generally very careful about such stuff. I have heard the online process has been much faster. I have applied on paper.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
shahzaman1984 said:
Well I committed the same mistake while submitting my application. Though I had scanned copies of all originals submitted to CHC, I somehow forgot to get my passport scanned. Neither did I have its photocopy. But the Almighty is very kind on all of us. While thinking of all possible actions, I realized that sometime back I had emailed a copy of my PP to a friend of mine. And there was it the email stored in sent email folder of my yahoo account.

So check your email folders as well.

Hope this might help!
OMGGGGG thanks alot for the suggestion. I found a copy, though not on my email but in my old documents file. Oh gosh I am sooooo relieved. Its like a big burden is off my shoulders. Although I am yet to receive any medical call. Please pray for me guys.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
UVic said:
AoA,

Wow congratulations! All the very best. When did you apply for the visa?

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
fahad081 said:
AOA
Guyz I have applied for study permit on 19th June.
Today my uni have sent me a message and they say:

"Dear Incoming Graduate Student

In order to begin your studies, we will require a copy of your study permit or study permit approval letter AND a copy of your passport no later than August 16, 2013. If we do not receive these documents by the given deadline, your offer of admission will be rescinded and Teaching Assistantships (if applicable) will be cancelled.

Please respond to this email and let us know the current status of your study permit no later than July 5, 2013. Any updates after this date would be appreciated.

If you do not obtain your study permit and Canadian visa by the above date, you may request a deferral of admission to the next available term. Note that not all deferral requests are approved. Deferral requests should be made no later than August 16, 2013".

Now tell me brother what should I reply to them. Should I mail them my tracking no. and a scanned copy of receipt from VAC?
rply plz
You can give them the details of your visa application (tracking number and stuff) I guess. I don't know much. Hopefully your visa will come in time.

UVic

Jun 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2013
RKAZI said:
Hey. Cngratss on your visa. U got the visa very quickly. Greatt..,
I have also got admisn in uvic meng. Ur in which dept? And when wil u go? Flyt? And wil u tel abt urself? Info.....
Mechanical dept... I hav'nt thought about flights yet