Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
usman_14pk said:
Bad approach I guess.

If you will continue your studies with 1-year long program then you what you will do after completing of your studies?
You won't be able to do any job because you will have only study permit and your studies will be completed that time so you won't be able to work part time even.

If you will apply for PGWP after completion of your 1-year study program, your remaining 2-year study permit will be waste and you will get just 1-2 year PGWP on the basis of 1-year study program.

This is what you actually want?
Your 3-year long study permit won't help you in any case if you will attend 1-year study program. Neither you can utilize it to work after studies nor it will help in getting 3-year PGWP caz your study program will be of 1-year long.

So what actually your are trying to do?

After completing of your 1-year study plan, you can either start another study program or can apply for PGWP.
I have discussed the PGWP case above and if you go for another 1-year or 2-year study program then you may get long PGWP after completing it i.e 3-year PGWP based on your two 1-year study programs.

If you select three years of course make sure you studied for three years or consult your university international advisor for help. Some courses may be transfer from three years to four or two years but it varies from course to course. Secondly, If you think you can only study one year of your three years of course then there is no way you get PGWP. As it is requirement of CIC that you must provide them your college letter which stats that you have completed the course and you are graduated from the school.

So whatever you choose, decide wisely!
Read my post in red color!!

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
alijumani said:
If you think you can only study one year of your three years of course then there is no way you get PGWP. As it is requirement of CIC that you must provide them your college letter which stats that you have completed the course and you are graduated from the school.
I guess you perceive it wrong.
What he/she wanted to say is, "what if I avail 1-year degree/diploma program on my 3-year SP which was issued to me on the LOA of 3-year degree program"

So basically, he/she was asking about the consequences if he/she changes the course to 1-year degree/diploma over his/her 3-year study permit and after the completion of his/her 1-year degree/diploma, obviously he/she will get the transcript/certificate!

YUPPPP

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
usman_14pk said:
Bad approach I guess.

If you will continue your studies with 1-year long program then you what you will do after completing of your studies?
You won't be able to do any job because you will have only study permit and your studies will be completed that time so you won't be able to work part time even.

If you will apply for PGWP after completion of your 1-year study program, your remaining 2-year study permit will be waste and you will get just 1-2 year PGWP on the basis of 1-year study program.

This is what you actually want?
Your 3-year long study permit won't help you in any case if you will attend 1-year study program. Neither you can utilize it to work after studies nor it will help in getting 3-year PGWP caz your study program will be of 1-year long.

So what actually your are trying to do?

After completing of your 1-year study plan, you can either start another study program or can apply for PGWP.
I have discussed the PGWP case above and if you go for another 1-year or 2-year study program then you may get long PGWP after completing it i.e 3-year PGWP based on your two 1-year study programs.

So whatever you choose, decide wisely!
I have left the 1 yr choice instead am going for a two year course... it is far though from place near my family... while 34 yr course at windsor would mean ill will be close to my family and in a supported environment...
my concern is if after studying from Mantoba... will i have lesser chances to get work in toronto or windsor?

zee28

May 20, 2015
Hi,
I am a canadian citizen currently living in pakistan with my hysband and three kids i have applied for the sponsorship of my husband and daughter my two kids are already citizen only one has to be sponsor my timeline is:
Applied file : dec 2013
Aproval received: feb 2014
Med reuested: nov 2014
RPRF and additional documents requested: feb 2015
More additional documents requested: mar 2015

Currents e case status: aapplication Received

ALIRB

May 30, 2016
alijumani said:
Hey someone please guide for canada student visa?
My profile is:
Education: BE(Metallurgical) Jan 2014
Experinece: 6 month internship and 1 year work experience as Assiatant Smelter Engineer in Saindak COpper Gold Mine, Pakistan
Bank statement: 20 lacs from sale property and 10 lac brother earning and also my brother sponser me for my education and he is working in dubai airport
Intended program: Master(Chemical or Material Engineering)

What is my chances to get student visa?