+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLICANTS --> September intake---> 2013----> PAKISTAN---> Islamabad CIC

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Travelling$alesman said:
For masters, the visa is issued for 2.5 years. My passport is valid till 2023 (now Pak Government is back to issuing 5 year passports) but my TRV is only valid till 30th Sept 2015. I am very surprised to hear that someone is getting a 10 year visa even though their course is 2 years long. Are you sure about the CHC in India issuing visa longer than the course?

T$

hELLO Sir, Thanks for replying ,
I saw it in this forum a few days before ,. I have tried to find the topic , I cant find it now ,,, I dont even remember the topic name where i saw that visa had been issued to one student upto 2021,, And he got visa till his passport vvalidity, I did see that for sure, thats why i Asked from all of you , if i find the link will send you ,

And Pak has again started issuing passports ill 5 years :( Very bad ....
Am luck to get till dec 2022 :) .....
Atleast I wont have to renew it soon ,,,,, ........

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Rkazi and travel
when did you both applied for passports? i got my passport in 2011 valid till 2015, how could you both get it for 10 years? there was also a thing they started to stamp the passport to renew it? what was all that?

UVic

Jun 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2013
I got visa upto 2015 which is also my passport expiry date.

My friends who are already in Canada got varying duration visas ranging from 1 year to 2.5 years.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Can.ott said:
@ Rkazi and travel
when did you both applied for passports? i got my passport in 2011 valid till 2015, how could you both get it for 10 years? there was also a thing they started to stamp the passport to renew it? what was all that?
I can at least confirm that passports issued in late 2012 and even early 2013 were issued for 10 years.

I had mine renewed in mid 2011 (i guess this was 3rd or 4th time), it is valid until 2016 so strictly 5 years. But i got passports for my wife and kids in dec 2012. All of them are valid until 2022.

However, i really don't think visas are issued for that long a period of time except may be super visa (valid for 10 years) which is issued to parents of permanent residents in Canada.

Canada's general temp resident visa are for even shorter duration, typically 2-3 years max. Even that for US is max five years. I have a 5 year validity US visit visa, and i don't know of any one who ever got one of longer validity.

UVic

Jun 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2013
fkl said:
I can at least confirm that passports issued in late 2012 and even early 2013 were issued for 10 years.

I had mine renewed in mid 2011 (i guess this was 3rd or 4th time), it is valid until 2016 so strictly 5 years. But i got passports for my wife and kids in dec 2012. All of them are valid until 2022.

However, i really don't think visas are issued for that long a period of time except may be super visa (valid for 10 years) which is issued to parents of permanent residents in Canada.

Canada's general temp resident visa are for even shorter duration, typically 2-3 years max. Even that for US is max five years. I have a 5 year validity US visit visa, and i don't know of any one who ever got one of longer validity.

Canada's Super visa is issued for 2 year at a time, but it can be renewed for up to a total of 10 years.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
For all those who applied online, can you please help me with these two things?

What picture did you upload, like they have few requirements right? Would the online system reject the picture if its not as per their requirement?

How did you sign the application forms? We have to download and upload the pdf right? What about the bar code page? On the paper based application, I had kept it on the top.

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@UB

Yaar can you please tell me how you got admission in UBC? what is your profile and what are your majors in ECE? also tell please did you approach a professor before you applied.?

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Can.ott said:
@ Rkazi and travel
hEY
I applied at dec 2012 and mine validity is upto dec 2022 :)
i got my visa at may 2013 :(
i was so disappointed because of the delay ,...

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bend said:
For all those who applied online, can you please help me with these two things?

What picture did you upload, like they have few requirements right? Would the online system reject the picture if its not as per their requirement?

How did you sign the application forms? We have to download and upload the pdf right? What about the bar code page? On the paper based application, I had kept it on the top.
HI,
1- For picture there is no strict rules. you can upload a picture neat and clean. Picture must be digitized format and under 4 mb. just go to studio and tell them take your picture and give you a soft copy of your photo(digitized form) they will give you.
2- there is no need to sign when you apply online. just download and fill it electronically and upload it without sign. after your uploading they will ask you for electronically sign.
3-when you will fill up the form(application form), press the button VALIDATE. it will automatically create bar code. and in this same condition you will upload it online.

hope this will help you. if you have any question please post here........we are happy to assist you.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Abu Bakr said:
HI,
1- For picture there is no strict rules. you can upload a picture neat and clean. Picture must be digitized format and under 4 mb. just go to studio and tell them take your picture and give you a soft copy of your photo(digitized form) they will give you.
2- there is no need to sign when you apply online. just download and fill it electronically and upload it without sign. after your uploading they will ask you for electronically sign.
3-when you will fill up the form(application form), press the button VALIDATE. it will automatically create bar code. and in this same condition you will upload it online.

hope this will help you. if you have any question please post here........we are happy to assist you.
Oh thank you so much Abu Bakr. On the website it stated, between 240 KB to 60 KB. Mine is 78 KB, I hope that would be sufficient. I scanned the picture I used for the paper based application.

Oh I see.

ECE Engr

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Adil Sulehri said:
hahahha :) , mera bhai most welcome ... my doors are and will be , always open for everyone .
teray illawa bh aur bandoun ka kerana ha transfer , yaar meri tou fees sun k halat tight hu jate ha , 15k , 18k , 12k :D
Allah SWT ka bht bht karam ha , shukar ha Us Zaat ka . sach ma , nh tou rul jana tha , abba say itny paisay laity huay bh sherm aani thee , bus yeh shuru ma jo lay k jana ha, us k baad in sha Allah bhejaen gaen he, maangna nh ha bhai phir iA.
yaar baray dash ha ISL walay , abhi jumay say pehlay khi walay banday say poocha k phuncha ya nh , he said unhun nay deliever he aaj kia ha : @ ... :D . Monday 10:30am pe phuncha , dasti waheen say lay k , sharah e faisal pe jama kerwa dun ga
Sath chalna bhai, I will be at office at Karachi Airport, just msg me when you get hold of your passport and then sath chal kar de detay hain passport courier ko

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ all visa holders

when you all got visa, did you get the E-mail from embassy FIRST or was it courier company called you for passport collection?

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bend said:
Oh thank you so much Abu Bakr. On the website it stated, between 240 KB to 60 KB. Mine is 78 KB, I hope that would be sufficient. I scanned the picture I used for the paper based application.

Oh I see.
HI,
according to online instructions the size of one file should be maximum 4 mb. you can upload your picture under 4 mb. don't upload scanned photo.....it may be less quality. just upload digitized photo. as i told you go to studio and ask them about digitized photo. they will give you.