+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe give a call to CIC call centre and ask them if your application is approved and you are only waiting for oath, in which case it only depends on how many people are backlogged in the CIC local office.
But in either case, we still do not have control over any steps leading to the oath ceremony.

The whole thing will finish not too far we all know, but the closer to the finishing line, the more nervous I get about the dates.
Wish all of us who received emails graduate soon.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good News: Just called CIC call center and the agent confirmed that my oath is scheduled on 7th May (Thursday). They have prepared invitation letter today and will be posting it. No e-Cas update yet.

Confusion/Question: I have to travel by road on May-15 to USA. Earliest I can apply for passport (after two business days of oath) on Tuesday 12th in-person. I am sure I will not have my passport by 15th (in normal processing.)
So shall I travel to US by road with Passport+Copy of PR Card+Landing Paper+Driver's License+Citizenship Certificate?
Will CBSA let me in Canada without Canadian Passport?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
catchvb said:
Good News: Just called CIC call center and the agent confirmed that my oath is scheduled on 7th May (Thursday). They have prepared invitation letter today and will be posting it. No e-Cas update yet.

Confusion/Question: I have to travel by road on May-15 to USA. Earliest I can apply for passport (after two business days of oath) on Tuesday 12th in-person. I am sure I will not have my passport by 15th (in normal processing.)
So shall I travel to US by road with Passport+Copy of PR Card+Landing Paper+Driver's License+Citizenship Certificate?
Will CBSA let me in Canada without Canadian Passport?
Congratulations!!

The best way is to either call CBSA port of entry nearest to you or CBSA helpline or if the border is nearby your house, just visit the CBSA side without entering usa and ask this question.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Congratulations!!
The best way is to either call CBSA port of entry nearest to you or CBSA helpline or if the border is nearby your house, just visit the CBSA side without entering usa and ask this question.
Thank you. Did the same while you posted this. Called CBSA office at Niagara Falls and the officer told me that if the ceremony has been just fews days back, carry your passport and citizenship certificate. He told me that it should not be an issue once they see the date on citizenship certificate and you can explain the situation. Although citizenship certificate is not a travel document.Border agents may ask you few questions but you will be good.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
catchvb said:
Thank you. Did the same while you posted this. Called CBSA office at Niagara Falls and the officer told me that if the ceremony has been just fews days back, carry your passport and citizenship certificate. He told me that it should not be an issue once they see the date on citizenship certificate and you can explain the situation. Although citizenship certificate is not a travel document.Border agents may ask you few questions but you will be good.
So, they told you to carry the other country's passport that you currently have?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
So, they told you to carry the other country's passport that you currently have?
Yes.
1. the current passport (valid) which I am holding now
2. citizenship certificate, which I will get after oath ceremony

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
catchvb said:
Yes the current passport which I am holding and citizenship certificate.
Does your other country allow dual citizenship? If not, then are you allowed to carry it and use it without renouncing it while you travel to USA?
As you would be citizen of Canada, you need to enter USA as a citizen of Canada then will USA accept the Canadian citizenship certificate for entry?
Would there be a risk about entering usa on your old passport declaring them that you are still not a canadian citizen?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Does your other country allow dual citizenship? If not, then are you allowed to carry it and use it without renouncing it while you travel to USA?
As you would be citizen of Canada, you need to enter USA as a citizen of Canada then will USA accept the Canadian citizenship certificate for entry?
Would there be a risk about entering usa on your old passport declaring them that you are still not a canadian citizen?
My country does not allow dual citizenship. I have valid visitor visa for US.
US needs passport+valid visa for entry in United States.
I do not need to enter US as canadian citizen.
My current country allows travel within 3 months period of acquiring other citizenship without renouncing it.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
catchvb said:
My country does not allow dual citizenship. I have valid visitor visa for US.
US needs passport+valid visa for entry in United States.
I do not need to enter US as canadian citizen.
My current country allows travel within 3 months period of acquiring other citizenship without renouncing it.

So, i suppose you are from India, correct? :)

I understand that you have a valid passport + valid usa visa for entry in United States, however, as you will be Canadian citizen at that point of time, would declaring yourself as foreign national(indian citizen) to USA would be a good idea?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
So, i suppose you are from India, correct? :)
I understand that you have a valid passport + valid usa visa for entry in United States, however, as you will be Canadian citizen at that point of time, would declaring yourself as foreign national(indian citizen) to USA would be a good idea?
Citizenship is a matter of passport holder and the issuing country. USA or any country does not have any right.
Only issuing country can question if one has used the passport for any travel.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
catchvb did you receive your oath letter and/or ECAS update?
No eCAS update. eCAS update is very unpredictable in new routine. I had my test invite letter in hand but no eCAS update.
Neither received the letter. Normally letter takes 5 business days, so I will wait till next Monday (Apr-27). Hopefully sooner :)

Regarding my previous post for travel using Citizenship Certificate

""Though the preferred travel document for all travellers is a passport, please note that Canadian citizens may enter Canada by personal motor vehicle with proof of Canadian citizenship (Canadian birth certificate or Canadian citizenship certificate) plus a valid government-issued photo ID (ex. state or provincial driver's license).""

Source: Border Services (Canada-USA) Government Website
http://can-am.gc.ca/consular_services_consulaires/border-frontiere.aspx?lang=eng#entry

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I am an early August applicant.

After waiting for almost three months, since my file has been transferred to the local office. I am getting now impatient. Last time I called the call centre about 1 month back, they said there is nothing particular in the file but you will have to wait till summers.

I am surprised what so waiting in our file. Especially when I hear that so many of our mates from June July, August, Sept. have got the test done.

I just wanted to know if some one has any thought about it. The file is family case for myself and my wife.

Are there others around August whose file has been transferred to the local office in Scarborough but waiting for the citizenship test date?

I would appreciate your thoughts.

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got the pink letter!
My journey is almost 1 year long.

Good luck guys!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fanboy said:
Just got the pink letter!
My journey is almost 1 year long.

Good luck guys!
Congrats man! It's good to see more email AOR applicants getting oath letters!
Wow I guess Alexandre's estimate of 1 year for the new routine is pretty accurate.