+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Took the test earlier today, and got 20/20. The test is quite easy - all you need to do is read the Discover Canada booklet twice and do some practice questions from the available resources online. The interview went pretty smoothly as well and did not take more than 3 minutes - he only asked to see my IDs and passports.

Just like other Montreal applicants, I was told the oath letter will be sent out within 2-3 months.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another week is almost passing by. Any one got oath invitation?

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but if you see CIC website, there are several ceremony in montreal in coming days. really it means so many people waiting before us!!??

jrjayl said:
Another week is almost passing by. Any one got oath invitation?

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are many upcoming citizenship ceremonies in April, yes. It sucks that there are no ceremonies between May 6th and May 19th though - that's two weeks!! :eek:

Oh well, we just have to wait a little bit longer, guys! We are almost done! :)

Sarahqse

Jul 21, 2014
Has any end of July applicant from Montreal received a test invitation?

Thanks

Application received: July 30
Transferred to Montreal office: December 12
Test: waiting??!! ???

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll be happy if I get the oath letter before July ... which is exactly one year for me.

If they have a lot of applicants waiting for oath, why can't they just open more ceremonies?

hehemie2

Aug 4, 2011
My spouse's timeline:
Received: September 2nd
Test date: April 28th
Oath: same day after the test

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hehemie2 said:
My spouse's timeline:
Received: September 2nd
Test date: April 28th
Oath: same day after the test
What a lucky woman ! Congrats !!

hehemie2

Aug 4, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
congratulations. so does the test letter mention about oath schedule too?
yes, enclosed with the test letter is a permission to sign if you want to take oath at the same day.

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I remember in Jan. when I asked you your idea about test invitation, you predicted for end of March or early April. and we have test at April 9th. I hope your prediction about oath ceremony (for July) is not correct this time :-[ . I need Canadian pass for summer ;).

jrjayl said:
I'll be happy if I get the oath letter before July ... which is exactly one year for me.

If they have a lot of applicants waiting for oath, why can't they just open more ceremonies?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Segalesh said:
I remember in Jan. when I asked you your idea about test invitation, you predicted for end of March or early April. and we have test at April 9th. I hope your prediction about oath ceremony (for July) is not correct this time :-[ . I need Canadian pass for summer ;).
let's say we hope for the best and prepare for the worst. CIC efficiency ... who knows.
My guess was based on what the minister said by introducing the new routine, average processing time can be reduced to about a year.

We will have a clearer picture when some email AOR applicants start to get oath letters.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First few email-AOR recipient.. Waiting for Oath Letter and it is frustrating to wait for 2 months after the test..
Hopefully soon.

I have to travel to US by Road and not sure if I get my oath done and do not receive the passport before travel date.
If I travel with Old Passport + Citizenship Certificate + Landing Document + Passport Application Receipt by road.
Do you think CBSA will let me in Canada with those documents?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The first email AOR applicants from June/July no one yet has received oath letter after test ...
If the minister's estimate of one year total processing time is not too offset, then I guess your oath should happen sometime in June.

Just my guess, best of luck man.

To answer your question, I think eventually they will let you in, but it might take a lot more time to verify your citizenship status.
Urgent application of passport takes only 1 business day, you may consider that.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
To answer your question, I think eventually they will let you in, but it might take a lot more time to verify your citizenship status.
Urgent application of passport takes only 1 business day, you may consider that.
I also thought so. If they will let me in considering passport has immigration visa stamped+copy of PR card(has client ID)+Driver License has home address+ citizenship certificate will have the same client ID+ first time landing document which is the most important document till you die. I think I will pass the 1-day passport service. Probably play dumb that we didn't know that we can not travel by road..

Hopefully I should get oath letter in coming weak and should be done with everything before I travel.