+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

Fukecas

Jan 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My test was yesterday at 8.10. I completed the test in 5 minutes. The interview was just a validation of my documents it took 5 minutes. In all with waiting i was there for 2 hours.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fukecas said:
My test was yesterday at 8.10. I completed the test in 5 minutes. The interview was just a validation of my documents it took 5 minutes. In all with waiting i was there for 2 hours.
Same here, passed my test yesterday, pretty smooth ;D

Trick: the earlier you finish your exam, the earlier you'll have your interview (1st come 1st served) ;)

TDotluv

Mar 27, 2015
hi m new to this site,

i went for my test 25 march 2015 in Scarborough and they did test plus interview then said in about 2 to four months your will see notice for oath. i hope it comes sooner like they did with the test notice, which was only 10 days.

this site was very useful i would search through it every now and then after i applied. its not easy to be waiting to finally call yourself a Canadian but this site helps tremendously.

thank you all

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
Same here, passed my test yesterday, pretty smooth ;D

Trick: the earlier you finish your exam, the earlier you'll have your interview (1st come 1st served) ;)
Not always.

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally got my notice to appear to write the citizenship test on April 14th at 13:45 pm in Montreal.
My application was received on August 1st, 2014. I received an AOR via email on October 16th, 2014. The application went into process on January 5th, 2015. And it was finally transferred to Montreal office on January 7th.

There is no mention of the oath in the letter, so I am assuming Montreal office has stopped sending out test and oath letters together - the trend we saw for early 2014 applicants.

To others still waiting, don't worry too much, the letter will arrive very soon I am sure. Good luck! :)

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Not always.
If you noticied, they were correcting candidates' sheets progressively then pull the files/results in the bottom of the pile in the next room.
Then an agent come, take the top sheet and call the name of the person.

So it sound to me pretty much like a 1st come 1st served concept ;D .

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
If you noticied, they were correcting candidates' sheets progressively then pull the files/results in the bottom of the pile in the next room.
Then an agent come, take the top sheet and call the name of the person.

So it sound to me pretty much like a 1st come 1st served concept ;D .
I took the test last week, I finished second and I 5 or 6 passed before me.

So... not always.

Good luck !

paulcanada74

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with Zumba369...did my test on 17th march (same montreal office) but they called randomly...so far my experience from immigration process there are no such fixed rules for anything...we just could predict but not necessarily that will come true...
Zumba369 said:
I took the test last week, I finished second and I 5 or 6 passed before me.

So... not always.

Good luck !

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations for all those who did their tests. hopefully I will do my test before summer. my timeline is below

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 29, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on December 31, 2014. The Ottawa office will contact you.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Tamara_ said:
Congratulations for all those who did their tests. hopefully I will do my test before summer. my timeline is below

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 29, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on December 31, 2014. The Ottawa office will contact you.

Tamara_,

Have you heard anything at all from Ottawa ? Have you done an ATIP to see what stage your file review is at ?

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick update, just called CIC to let them know I'll be out of Canada for 10 days next week, and asked about my file, they told me last note on file is `Granted`, which means my file is approved and I'm in line for oath now

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Quick update, just called CIC to let them know I'll be out of Canada for 10 days next week, and asked about my file, they told me last note on file is `Granted`, which means my file is approved and I'm in line for oath now
Congrats !!

Any updates on Ecas ?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey congrats man.
please let us know when you hear from them about the oath date!