04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
limestone said:
You don't have to "insist" anything. It is your financial records, you can ask for a record whenever you want. There is nothing special here, ask for account transaction history (hesap dökümü). Pretty straight forward.

And yes, you definitely need translation.
Cic wants account balances.... not only transactions , there is a difference :) We have seen many people not being able to get the "letter" from the bank. Transactions are your right ofcourse, but the format of the letter that cic wants is different. If they dont provide it thats when you are forced to provide what you are left with .... I know what banks provide :) You get it every single time for visa purposes but see what it says here...

The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months

I am talking about this part, and there are many banks who dont provide this because they have a specific format and they dont change it for individual requests. Average balance of the past 6 months is nowhere in the regular hesap dökümü.... hesap dökümü will only give you the current balance...

mmm72

Jan 10, 2017
Ezgi84 said:
Cic wants account balances.... not only transactions , there is a difference :) We have seen many people not being able to get the "letter" from the bank. Transactions are your right ofcourse, but the format of the letter that cic wants is different. If they dont provide it thats when you are forced to provide what you are left with .... I know what banks provide :) You get it every single time for visa purposes but see what it says here...

The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months

I am talking about this part, and there are many banks who dont provide this because they have a specific format and they dont change it for individual requests. Average balance of the past 6 months is nowhere in the regular hesap dökümü.... hesap dökümü will only give you the current balance...
Yes but showing your transactions for the past six months is the closest thing that you can give in substitute of Average balance. The banks cannot provide you this info because our banking system differ from theirs where end of month balance date may also show different values. there is one thing we should never forget: you can easily share less information than you should, but there is nothing such as sharing too much info. So go on and show everything. At least thats what i am willing to do.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
mmm72 said:
Yes but showing your transactions for the past six months is the closest thing that you can give in substitute of Average balance. The banks cannot provide you this info because our banking system differ from theirs where end of month balance date may also show different values. there is one thing we should never forget: you can easily share less information than you should, but there is nothing such as sharing too much info. So go on and show everything. At least thats what i am willing to do.
Thank you for the confirmation thats what I was asking :) .... . Thats probably why some members in other countries were able to get the exact letter format from their banks that cic wants...

Yeah that leaves us with no choice then... Are you including the signature circular as well along with the other documents ?

mmm72

Jan 10, 2017
Ezgi84 said:
Yeah that leaves us with no choice then... Are you including the signature circular as well along with the other documents ?
Nope, I got mine from HSBC. They provide the letter along with a portfolio report showing your current assets within the bank. Then I got past six months history.
The worst part is that you have to get all translated into English, which result in additional costs:(.
The thing that I find very interesting is that you can only get the letter in English but all other documents in Turkish. Then a question pops in my mind "what if I was a foreigner living in Turkey?& Isnt this bank supposed to be an international banking company?

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
mmm72 said:
Nope, I got mine from HSBC. They provide the letter along with a portfolio report showing your current assets within the bank. Then I got past six months history.
The worst part is that you have to get all translated into English, which result in additional costs:(.
The thing that I find very interesting is that you can only get the letter in English but all other documents in Turkish. Then a question pops in my mind "what if I was a foreigner living in Turkey?& Isnt this bank supposed to be an international banking company?
Thank you for the information !

True and that is why I now think I should have gone to law school in order to run a notary ....*sigh*

Well the good thing is you got the letter ! :) I am wondering if Is Bankasi will provide the letter in English... HSBC might have the English formatted one ready, if I cant get it in English then there goes some additional 100 TL's for the notary and translation...

I was thinking what if we just dont translate the hesap dökümü part( not the letter etc)? I mean it pretty much says debit credit etc... would it cause rejection?

janecan

Nov 17, 2016
hi everyone. i am a fsw outlander submitted my case in january so it is still in process and cant make certain statements about the document preparation process cause i still dont know if i did good but thought i can share some tips.
for banks they re all crazy i begged 3 banks to prepare statements like cic wanted so there is not a tip i can give rather then be persistent.
for police certificates there is an office in ankara of adalet bakanligi it is passing as 'merkez birimi' and located around sakarya. there they give you a direct english document so u dont need to translate.
for wes document of degrees upload the one that came to ur address not the online one
i uploaded all the ielts scores, diplomas and transcripts just to be sure
for translation that was the hardest part canadian translators are accepted and i found murat kandemir on the official website. he gave a better price than normal translator+ notary price so i gave all the translations to him
also while uploading translated documents please add the original turkish ones too (both original and translated should be uploaded)
hope this helps and good luck to all of us

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
janecan said:
hi everyone. i am a fsw outlander submitted my case in january so it is still in process and cant make certain statements about the document preparation process cause i still dont know if i did good but thought i can share some tips.
for banks they re all crazy i begged 3 banks to prepare statements like cic wanted so there is not a tip i can give rather then be persistent.
for police certificates there is an office in ankara of adalet bakanligi it is passing as 'merkez birimi' and located around sakarya. there they give you a direct english document so u dont need to translate.
for wes document of degrees upload the one that came to ur address not the online one
i uploaded all the ielts scores, diplomas and transcripts just to be sure
for translation that was the hardest part canadian translators are accepted and i found murat kandemir on the official website. he gave a better price than normal translator+ notary price so i gave all the translations to him
also while uploading translated documents please add the original turkish ones too (both original and translated should be uploaded)
hope this helps and good luck to all of us
Hello Janecan,

I was thinking about Murat Kandemir as well, because I guess he is ATIO approved right? Should I go with him? How long did it take him to complete the translations? and how many documens did you send for translation?.... Did you ask İs bankasi and did they provide you with the exact letter as cic wants?

ok sorry , too many questions :)

janecan

Nov 17, 2016
Ezgi84 said:
Hello Janecan,

I was thinking about Murat Kandemir as well, because I guess he is ATIO approved right? Should I go with him? How long did it take him to complete the translations? and how many documens did you send for translation?.... Did you ask İs bankasi and did they provide you with the exact letter as cic wants?

ok sorry , too many questions :)
no problem it was a very questining and hard process for me too so I understand. we decreased the papers to 8 as i remember for translation. no isbank is not among them sorry. but if they insist that they don't have average monthly balance blabla tell them every bank has it if not they can calculate on excel. yes kandemir is ATIO approved it took 5 days for us but its because he was busy. you can talk to him and ask the timeline beforehand. best of luck

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
mmm72 said:
Then a question pops in my mind "what if I was a foreigner living in Turkey?& Isnt this bank supposed to be an international banking company?
This is my situation (foreigner living in Turkey). My bank where I get my salary is Denizbank and even though they made a contract with my workplace which is full of foreigners, they couldn't find one person who speaks English to deal with us in our şube. Denızbank has a document Varlıklar Ekstresı which is pretty much what an average balance is (actually shows the closing statement of each month), but this doc is in the monthly format only.

My PoF account is a joint account I have with my spouse in Garanti. They provided a letter in English, but the statements are in Turkish only and we had them translated. The acc is recently opened as they were not able to add me as a co-owner to my husband's accounts due to local banking practices in Turkey. Therefore, I don't have a six month balance statement at all. Just the last months' and the document from TAPU which shows that we acquired money after the sale of property to show that money is not borrowed. I really hope this will be enough. I wonder if I should include my own current account's history as well, even though I don't see the point..

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
janecan said:
no problem it was a very questining and hard process for me too so I understand. we decreased the papers to 8 as i remember for translation. no isbank is not among them sorry. but if they insist that they don't have average monthly balance blabla tell them every bank has it if not they can calculate on excel. yes kandemir is ATIO approved it took 5 days for us but its because he was busy. you can talk to him and ask the timeline beforehand. best of luck
I talked to him today and I sent my documents for translation, since he is ATIO approved, it saves us from all the other unnecessary documental stuff...and he is much reasonably priced than the others... Thank you for your advice....

Good luck in your application process :)

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello again folks. Its great to see this topic populated!
I also have collected almost all of my documents, and frankly, notary part was the most frustrating of them all.
I paid 2300TL only for notary fees of translations excluding translation costs of:
My babys birth certificate
My wife's national id card
Military service completion document
Business liquidation paper x2 (two of my previous workplaces have gone bankrupt and are in liquidation phase)
Archival police records x2
So, 7 pages in total.
I have two questions for you;
A) For your previous work experiences, have you provided authorized signatures document as well (which is usually 4-5 pages long and in Turkish, therefore needs notarized sworn translation)?
B) Can anyone provide what kind of bank documents do I need? Before reading this thread, I was planning on getting account statements from two different banks showing my current assets. But now that I see that CIC has a specific requirement, can anyone help me out here?

Cheers,

PS: I am willing to form a whatsapp group only for CIC purposes, would anyone care to join?

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
ignorant said:
Hello again folks. Its great to see this topic populated!
I also have collected almost all of my documents, and frankly, notary part was the most frustrating of them all.
I paid 2300TL only for notary fees of translations excluding translation costs of:
My babys birth certificate
My wife's national id card
Military service completion document
Business liquidation paper x2 (two of my previous workplaces have gone bankrupt and are in liquidation phase)
Archival police records x2
So, 7 pages in total.
I have two questions for you;
A) For your previous work experiences, have you provided authorized signatures document as well (which is usually 4-5 pages long and in Turkish, therefore needs notarized sworn translation)?
B) Can anyone provide what kind of bank documents do I need? Before reading this thread, I was planning on getting account statements from two different banks showing my current assets. But now that I see that CIC has a specific requirement, can anyone help me out here?

Cheers,

PS: I am willing to form a whatsapp group only for CIC purposes, would anyone care to join?
Hello,

I didnt include the signature document, it can be included but I personally find it unnecessary unless you are trying to prove self-employment or smt... if you have the job letter in the format that cic wants then no need to spend some other 100 smt TL for notary....

I didnt go to the bank yet but mostly they do have a specific format and what they will likely to do is to provide us a 6 month statement, actually I had mentioned it before that cic wants something else like you said ,which is; account balances for the past 6 months.... and thats what most banks dont provide here, and no one was able to get it as I understand... however since theres nothing to do I will just go with that 6 month statement and the bank letter, signature circular etc... nothing much can be done I guess :( I am applying with a gift deed so in my case it doesnt make much difference I believe...

I think I will be able to send my E-APR around the third week of April, what is your deadline ?

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Ezgi and thanks for the reply.
My deadline is in 3 weeks so I plan on submitting next weekend.
I have two seperate friends who got their PR cards via Express Entry so I'm gonna ask them what they have done in terms of financial statements. I mean, if I were to apply for a visa and my return had to be proven, balances and pay stubs etc. should be mandatory. But in the case of immigration, they want me to show that I have sufficient funds. For this, a simple account statement should work. But thats just me. How about translating bank's documents? Sworn translator and notary again, right? Through this whole process, this part is the most ridiculous one (about how much I paid).

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
ignorant said:
Hello Ezgi and thanks for the reply.
My deadline is in 3 weeks so I plan on submitting next weekend.
I have two seperate friends who got their PR cards via Express Entry so I'm gonna ask them what they have done in terms of financial statements. I mean, if I were to apply for a visa and my return had to be proven, balances and pay stubs etc. should be mandatory. But in the case of immigration, they want me to show that I have sufficient funds. For this, a simple account statement should work. But thats just me. How about translating bank's documents? Sworn translator and notary again, right? Through this whole process, this part is the most ridiculous one (about how much I paid).
You are welcome;

I asked this in another forum too and I was told that if the bank letter is not in English it should be translated (which makes sense of course) but if the letter is in English and if you have the hesap ekstresi part in Turkish then there are conflicting ideas, I am still not sure if I will be translating the debit and credit parts of all those 6 months :( .... I mean it is a pretty much understandable document right ? It has numbers , debits credits and it will show a balance in the end, I dont think failure to translate that document should lead into rejection... however I am still not sure... maybe better to translate than having nightmares....

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On top of that, some say that you have to have enough funds since the last six months.
I did not have enough before January. I cashed some gold and gathered all I got into a single account.
What do you think, would this pose a threat for my application?

What I'm going to do is;
Go to my bank, and ask for
A letter saying that I'm their customer for xxx period of time
A document showing my account statement for the last six months
Authorized signatures list
Preferably, all in English.

Does this make sense?