+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Turkey - Lets unite under this topic

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
dream2017 said:
Dear Turkish Friends,

Another inquiry specific to Turkey. As is known, every Turkish male has to do the mandatory military service. Should this military experience be reported in the history? Any input? Thank you. :)
Dear Wisdom (opposite of Ignorant),

Could you please kindly shed light on this question about military service? Thank you.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
dream2017 said:

Could you please kindly shed light on this question about military service? Thank you.
Ok this is totally out of topic for me but theres a thread about this, I guess you have to mention it and they ask for details later on ?

Received request for military service details from CIC (This is the name of the topic) for some reason I couldnt post the link ( I have seen people posting links so I will figure it out eventually)

Hope this helps....

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Ezgi84 said:
Ok this is totally out of topic for me but theres a thread about this, I guess you have to mention it and they ask for details later on ?

Received request for military service details from CIC (This is the name of the topic) for some reason I couldnt post the link ( I have seen people posting links so I will figure it out eventually)

Hope this helps....
Dear Ezgi84,

Thank you for your input. You are right. I should do some search in this forum regarding this issue.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
dream2017 said:
Dear Ezgi84,

Thank you for your input. You are right. I should do some search in this forum regarding this issue.
You are welcome :) !

I guess sometimes they need some additional info for the background check, there are couple different threads on this topic, some are old but some are relatively new,

Good luck to everyone !!!

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream2017 said:

Dear dream,

Although I'm not sure about it, my logic tells me that at some point, you have to prove where were you during that period of time in your life (5,5 months or 12).
Because in the form, you are expected to fill your address and occupation without any gaps for the last 10 years or so.
For example, I was in the army for 12 months, and in the additional documents part, I am planning on submitting the military service document to prove this claim.
It shouldn't be necessary to do the obligatory service because it is something that the local government requires and not Canada. But if you did it, you have to show it I guess.

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
ignorant said:
Dear dream,

Although I'm not sure about it, my logic tells me that at some point, you have to prove where were you during that period of time in your life (5,5 months or 12).
Because in the form, you are expected to fill your address and occupation without any gaps for the last 10 years or so.
For example, I was in the army for 12 months, and in the additional documents part, I am planning on submitting the military service document to prove this claim.
It shouldn't be necessary to do the obligatory service because it is something that the local government requires and not Canada. But if you did it, you have to show it I guess.
The military service happened way earlier than 10 years (in fact 18 years ago). Now you can guess the age. So there is no specific area to input the information except for the personal history section, I guess.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
I just wanted to mention that for those who are getting PCC(Police Records) from Ankara, you can get it in English from Adli Sicil ve İstatistik Genel Müdürlüğü, that can save you from Notary and translation fees. I was planning to take the fast train from Istanbul to Ankara in order to get it but then I changed my mind and got it from here in Istanbul since I had some other stuff to get from the prosecutors office.

umutinal

Apr 11, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream2017 said:
The military service happened way earlier than 10 years (in fact 18 years ago). Now you can guess the age. So there is no specific area to input the information except for the personal history section, I guess.
You have to mention your military service irrespective of the time you have served, in the personal history section. Whole idea is to ascertain whether you were involved in any armed conflict against Canadians, hence if you leave this information out it may be construed as misrepresentation as it is widely known that Turkey is implementing a compulsary military service policy for all able male citizens.

Same logic applies to all civil organisations that you were a member of, again irrespective of the time of membership.

Hope this helps.

mmm72

Jan 10, 2017
umutinal said:
You have to mention your military service irrespective of the time you have served, in the personal history section. Whole idea is to ascertain whether you were involved in any armed conflict against Canadians, hence if you leave this information out it may be construed as misrepresentation as it is widely known that Turkey is implementing a compulsary military service policy for all able male citizens.

Same logic applies to all civil organisations that you were a member of, again irrespective of the time of membership.

Hope this helps.
Hi
I understand the logic but how about the people that never went to military?would they still ask about such information? For example would they ask papers from someone that paid for military service? Or from the people that did not go because of health problems?
Thanks.

umutinal

Apr 11, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmm72 said:
Hi
I understand the logic but how about the people that never went to military?would they still ask about such information? For example would they ask papers from someone that paid for military service? Or from the people that did not go because of health problems?
Thanks.
If someone have deferred their service for a reason e.g. pursuing a Bachelors of Masters degree, this can be explained with an LOE. In other cases you have either:

1. Completed or currently discharging your service in which case you just need to enter dates/duration of service period and details of the military branch you have discharged/ are discharging your service in application questionnaire;
2. Disqualified for undertaking military service (for health or other reasons), which you would have discharge documentation outlining the reasons and you can enter these details in application questionnaire;or
3. Exempt from undertaking military service for which again you would have documentation outlining the reasons and you can enter these details in application questionnaire.

CIC is not rasking for substantiating documents with the application and just request applicants declaration regarding military service. However should anyone feel that it would help the reviewing officer, supporting documents (e.g. discharge, disqualification documents) can be attached to an LOE along with any further explanation deemed needed.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
So how's everyone going so far?

I got the police certificate, I have my letter of employment from my first employer, got my medical check scheduled for monday, I have applied for a passport renewal, and currently waiting for WES to evaluate my Masters (I did not apply with a Masters though but just wanted to get it just to be on the safe side)...

I will start my notary stuff like 20th of March and planning to submit my application by April if WES can finish their evaluation by that time...

mmm72

Jan 10, 2017
Ezgi84 said:
So how's everyone going so far?

I got the police certificate, I have my letter of employment from my first employer, got my medical check scheduled for monday, I have applied for a passport renewal, and currently waiting for WES to evaluate my Masters (I did not apply with a Masters though but just wanted to get it just to be on the safe side)...

I will start my notary stuff like 20th of March and planning to submit my application by April if WES can finish their evaluation by that time...
It is sad to hear that you are waiting for WES. When did your profile turn to "Evaluation in progress"? It takes exactly 20 business days for them to complete the report. If you chose for express delivery it takes 2-3 days to deliver.
I got my employment letters, medical check done upfront, pcc obtained&translated from turkey, waiting for my second pcc from FBI. I have just need to get my POF documents from my bank and I am almost done since my deadline is Apr 10th. Any one obtained AOR in March or Feb? Can you guys share your time lines?

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
mmm72 said:
It is sad to hear that you are waiting for WES. When did your profile turn to "Evaluation in progress"? It takes exactly 20 business days for them to complete the report. If you chose for express delivery it takes 2-3 days to deliver.
I got my employment letters, medical check done upfront, pcc obtained&translated from turkey, waiting for my second pcc from FBI. I have just need to get my POF documents from my bank and I am almost done since my deadline is Apr 10th. Any one obtained AOR in March or Feb? Can you guys share your time lines?
Thank you...

The thing is it took them like 5 business days to update it to documents received (they received the doduments on monday and until yesterday night the package tracker was showing it Not Found.... plus I have heard that they are nowadays taking like 2 months to evaluate... I chose express delivery, but I think the problem with WES is they are taking soooo loooonnng to evaluate due to this mass of applications....I got the ITA without the ECA (my bachelors is from a Canadian University so thats why I was above the cutoff) but I thought if something goes wrong with any of my references, then I would still be able to stay above the cutoff if I get some additional points... I will submit it without the ECA if I dont get it by May though which is my deadline....

For the bank they are giving the regular 6 month statement , I am not sure if they will be able to give the exact document that cic wants (the balance of each month etc etc....) but I have heard that people were ok with submitting only this... can you let us know what kind of POF they gave you... then we can put some pressure on the bank if they refuse to give the monthly balance thing....

Reha1212

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
Hi everyone!

I don't know how but I managed to miss this post up until now :)

Anyways, I received the ITA on Feb 08 and I have been trying to collect the required documents since then. I got my Turkish PCC (Ankara), waiting for the PCC from Canada (not mandatory but I applied for it just in case). I have a degree from a Canadian University and got ECAs for my wife (used WES). I ll get an appointment for the medicals but trying to get it later in march or april. I am trying to convince my previous employers to provide me the reference letter which they are really scared to give (!!!).

I am hoping to get everything ready to be submitted by mid-April...

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
Reha1212 said:
Hi everyone!

I don't know how but I managed to miss this post up until now :)

Anyways, I received the ITA on Feb 08 and I have been trying to collect the required documents since then. I got my Turkish PCC (Ankara), waiting for the PCC from Canada (not mandatory but I applied for it just in case). I have a degree from a Canadian University and got ECAs for my wife (used WES). I ll get an appointment for the medicals but trying to get it later in march or april. I am trying to convince my previous employers to provide me the reference letter which they are really scared to give (!!!).

I am hoping to get everything ready to be submitted by mid-April...
If I were you, ofcourse if they insist on not providing the letter, I would just tell them that they(CIC) will check in any case with the employer, and it will make things easier if they just provide the letter ... ;D a little white lie will never hurt ....