+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Hash93

Jul 25, 2021
Hi brother,
I have been planning to do Msc in IT in SLIIT for my PR. Can i have saumya contact?

When i checked with course coordinator he only said that its UGC recognised and not sure about WES approved. Can you please help me on this.

Thanks in advance
Saumy would not know whether it is WES recognized. My best bet is try the degree equivalency tool from WES
https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

Hash93

Jul 25, 2021
Has anyone here gotten their Higher Diploma in International Relations from BCIS evaluated from WES?
HDs are not their in their degree equivalency tool

Max Wick

Jul 28, 2021
Hi prashan, can you please share your wes report, I also have a similar question , I have two qualification , one as three year degree and other as 3.5 years professional study, but under that it has a remark saying it is not equivalent to a complete Canadian education
Hi Thilini,

Can you tell me what happened with your Attorney's with WES?

ziggiman

Feb 15, 2021
If you have driven in SL for more than 5 years (but I also remember this as 3 years) - you don't have to do G2 after passing your knowledge test. Meaning you do the knowledge test and then hire an instructor, learn how to drive here (because there are many differences) then take the final exam which is the G exam. Once you pass, you get the full license.

To get the DL extract, you need to go to RMV in Verahara, ask for an International Driving License Extract and they give you a paper signed and sealed by RMV with license acquired and expiry dates. You should take this and go to Foreign Beaurau in the Seyaln bank building in front of WTC. Get this paper attested (they sort of give you a confirmation that it is a true copy) and bring this to Canada. Once you go to take the exam at the Drive test centre of your choice, provide them with the DL extract and let them know you intend to take the G exam directly after the Knowledge test (G1).

Hope that makes sense. I followed all of the above and did my G1 and waiting for the final test. Good luck

I got my International Driving Permit (IDP) from the Automobile Association of Sri Lanka, so is this equivalent to the attested International Driving License Extract?

Thank you.

AsiriD

Aug 30, 2021
Hi All, I have been trying to contact the exam department of University of Colombo to get my PGD transcript sent to WES. Are they working now? Are they using an electronic system for that? Please let me know if anyone knows this. Greatly appreciated.

leothe1ion

Sep 21, 2021
Hi Guys
Need a quick assist

I have done the HND in ICBT

awarded by ICBT, Externally Moderated by Cardiff metropolitan university

please tell me is it worth getting it evaluated for HND? Because I guess it’s awarded from icbt not from Cardiff also I have the bachelors from Cardiff as well
Yes. Submit your Higher Diploma (HD), not the HND certificate. ICBT HD is WES recognized.

Isuru Bandara

Oct 25, 2021
Hi All
Has any one got the Education Credentials validated for the “Masters in Financial Economics” Program From “university of colombo”

I. Perera

Jan 9, 2022
Hi Guys. I'm looking to go to Canada too for education. I haven't yet done a WES evaluation. Is there anybody here who has a degree from Northumbria UK and hasn't been able to get the uni to send WES your documents?

Nalinda

Jan 27, 2022
Is anyone here who has done a diploma at NAITA and assessed from WES? I have a Diploma in ICT and need to assess it.

Dahani

Jul 7, 2022
Guys, I've sent my certificates to WES. I sent the certificates for three years (2 local and final year was from UK), but only filled out one form indicating the final year which was awarded by Northumbria University, in the application form. They got back to me asking me to request the university to directly send it from UK to Canada. Just wanted to know if they will evaluate all three years or just the final year because I only filled out one application for the final year. Please advise.
Hi do we have to send transcripts for our OL and AL certificates as well ?