+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Shalani

Jan 6, 2018
Hello Heshan, my AOR is November 17th. I never submitted any biometrics upfront with the application because it wasn't listed as required when I was uploading my documents. Now I'm worried.

Or do we have to wait until they request us for biometrics?
I was requested to provide biometrics. My AOR is July 31st. It was about after two months from my AOR date they requested me to provide biometrics. First they sent a letter and I had to make a payment by following a link. Thereafter they send the instruction letter.

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
I am not sure about this...I was not requested to do bio-metrics as my AOR is July 24th...May be someone else in this thread can help you out...Are you applying alone or with an agent?
Im applying alone. I did go see a couple of lawyers about the procedures and they didn't mention about the biometrics though.
Thanks Heshan, Im going to keep my eye out for other post july 31st applications to see what they have done.

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
I was requested to provide biometrics. My AOR is July 31st. It was about after two months from my AOR date they requested me to provide biometrics. First they sent a letter and I had to make a payment by following a link. Thereafter they send the instruction letter.
Ah okay, maybe the same procedure will follow for me I hope. Thank you so much for the reply!

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Hi Guys,

Today, (8 a.m. IST) I have received the much awaited golden PPR mail.

AOR: July 24th
MEP: Aug 15th
IP1: Aug 15th
IP2: Nov 9th
Ghost Update: Nov 15th
PPR: Nov 29th

What a relief! Thanks for all for keeping our hopes alive day in day out, really appreciated!
Hopefully everyone will get their PPRs sooner rather than later..

Good Luck...!!!

Shalani

Jan 6, 2018
Hi Guys,

Today, (8 a.m. IST) I have received the much awaited golden PPR mail.

AOR: July 24th
MEP: Aug 15th
IP1: Aug 15th
IP2: Nov 9th
Ghost Update: Nov 15th
PPR: Nov 29th

What a relief! Thanks for all for keeping our hopes alive day in day out, really appreciated!
Hopefully everyone will get their PPRs sooner rather than later..

Good Luck...!!!
congratz!!!! :)

Reactions: Heshan

Shalani

Jan 6, 2018
Are all visa applications processed by Colombo High Commission sent to CPC Ottawa for finalization?

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Hi I'm shamini I'm planning to apply for pr can someone please tell me how it works for Srilankans pls
Hi, first of all you need to check your eligibility for apply for PR. Please refer below link. You should get at least 67 marks to become eligible to apply for Canada PR.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

If you met your eligibility criteria, you can start the process. To make it easier, please follow below step-by-step process.
1. Take IELTS (General) Examination
2. Assess academic qualification through a recommended organisation (E.g. WES)
3. Create a EE (Express Entry) profile
4. Getting an invitation from IRCC to apply for PR. (Refer below to get an idea of how the score system should work, you need to have at least 440-450 score to increase the chances of getting an invitation)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html
5. Submit the PR application through online account.
6. Getting the PR status (standard time is 6 months after submitting PR application)
7. Getting CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency)

The entire process will take around 1 year. You can find detailed information by following below URL.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Shalani

Jan 6, 2018
You mean PR applications?
If so, it's not like that. The Visa Office (VO) is different from one case to another.
yes I am referring to PR applications. When I called CIC they said my file is in CPC Ottawa. Security check is yet to be done it seems. Do u have an idea as to how long it takes for a security check and what is being checked under security?