Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-06-2018
Passport Req..
21-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2019
Hi, I am new to this site. I am a FSW category for Alberta. Applied through an agent.. Did my medical on 18th June. So far no update.. Anyone here for Alberta who did AOR in June?
My AOR is June, but i am a FSW outland applicant. In IP2 currently. I think you should call IRCC and get to know the status of your application, as it is 5 months for June applicants now.

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Hi, I am new to this site. I am a FSW category for Alberta. Applied through an agent.. Did my medical on 18th June. So far no update.. Anyone here for Alberta who did AOR in june?
Hi,
Few things...
Does Alberta is your preferred province which you'd entered at the time of submitting the PR application? If yes, it has nothing to do with the processing of your application.
I assumed you've passed your medical examination on 18th of June..Is it? If that was your last update (Medical Passed), you are probably in IP1 stage..(assuming Background check status is "Your application is in Progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.") This needs to be checked with your agent...

Reactions: Dil_Sha

Dil_Sha

Nov 22, 2018
I got an email from Alberta connects on 6th Oct stating that 'Dear ___,
Pls note there will be a system update for the processing file in Colombo mission. We do have ur application details, but once the system is updated you will be notified through an email to submit ur passport'. I tried contacting the processing office and the SL High Commission but no reply to my emails. My agent is not giving me an update too. Need u guys advice please...

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
As most members advice and as per CIC guidelines please do not upload pictures as proof as it is not relevant to the visa officer who is processing your application. After such hard work you do not want to have your application refused for attaching documentation that is not relevant. So the reference letter, appointment letter, 6 months payslips would be sufficient. In some cases companies refuse to include annual salary on the reference letter due to their policies. If that's the case try to get a salary breakdown/ salary confirmation letter.

You should expect an ITA in the next draw which would be next week. Wish you all the best.
Yes I agree with you guys. I managed to get 6 months payslips and I will send them along with reference letter. Thanks everyone so much for clearing this fog of mine.

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
I got an email from Alberta connects on 6th Oct stating that 'Dear ___,
Pls note there will be a system update for the processing file in Colombo mission. We do have ur application details, but once the system is updated you will be notified through an email to submit ur passport'. I tried contacting the processing office and the SL High Commission but no reply to my emails. My agent is not giving me an update too. Need u guys advice please...
Since you've applied through an agent, you'll not get direct emails or any responses for your emails. Agent is the one who knows the actual picture about your application...Is the agent is a Sri Lankan or a Canadian? Whatever the case, you'll have to contact the person to get to know more info about your application...

Dil_Sha

Nov 22, 2018
Since you've applied through an agent, you'll not get direct emails or any responses for your emails. Agent is the one who knows the actual picture about your application...Is the agent is a Sri Lankan or a Canadian? Whatever the case, you'll have to contact the person to get to know more info about your application...
Thanks Heshan... Agent is from Sri Lanka. I tried contacting IRCC but it goes to a voice recording. Can you plz share the no that you guys got through to? So that I could try that option as well..

las88

Oct 30, 2018
Guys,
Today morning my Account/profile has updated. But, nothing is shown when I go inside. Typical "ghost update"...:)

AOR: July 24th
MEP: Aug 15th
IP1: Aug 15th
IP2: Nov 9th
Ghost Update: Nov 15th

Can't wait for more now......:D
Great news... awaiting for the good news :)

Reactions: Heshan

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Thanks Heshan... Agent is from Sri Lanka. I tried contacting IRCC but it goes to a voice recording. Can you plz share the no that you guys got through to? So that I could try that option as well..
Yes, it is bit difficult to contact IRCC, I also didn't go for that option.
Instead, you can order GCMS notes. It's the most recommended option to get to know about your application. You can easily order them via https://www.gcmsbuddy.com/. It costs you around $10. But, you have to wait till 30 days from the date of ordering to get the notes to your email.

One another option recently tried by many applicants is to email a person called Ralph Goodale. He is working closely with the IRCC, and a helpful character. So, you can directly email to him to get to know the status of your application. His email address is ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca

However, the first option (ordering GCMS notes) is the most preferred one.

Dil_Sha

Nov 22, 2018
Yes, it is bit difficult to contact IRCC, I also didn't go for that option.
Instead, you can order GCMS notes. It's the most recommended option to get to know about your application. You can easily order them via https://www.gcmsbuddy.com/. It costs you around $10. But, you have to wait till 30 days from the date of ordering to get the notes to your email.

One another option recently tried by many applicants is to email a person called Ralph Goodale. He is working closely with the IRCC, and a helpful character. So, you can directly email to him to get to know the status of your application. His email address is ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca

However, the first option (ordering GCMS notes) is the most preferred one.
Thanks alot. I'll do the needful.

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Hello Everyone, I'm an EE applicant from Sri Lanka. Did anyone give their biometrics with their PR application? I see that Sri Lanka is a required country for biometrics.

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Hello Everyone, I'm an EE applicant from Sri Lanka. Did anyone give their biometrics with their PR application? I see that Sri Lanka is a required country for biometrics.
Yes, Applicants who submitted their PR applications after July 31st need to provide bio-metrics. I think it is applicable to Sri Lanka as well though in the IRCC web site says bio-metrics will applicable to Asian Countries after December 31st...

What is your AOR?

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Yes, Applicants who submitted their PR applications after July 31st need to provide bio-metrics. I think it is applicable to Sri Lanka as well though in the IRCC web site says bio-metrics will applicable to Asian Countries after December 31st...

What is your AOR?
Hello Heshan, my AOR is November 17th. I never submitted any biometrics upfront with the application because it wasn't listed as required when I was uploading my documents. Now I'm worried.

Or do we have to wait until they request us for biometrics?

Last edited:

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Hello Heshan, my AOR is November 17th. I never submitted any biometrics upfront with the application because it wasn't listed as required when I was uploading my documents. Now I'm worried.

Or do we have to wait until they request us for biometrics?
I am not sure about this...I was not requested to do bio-metrics as my AOR is July 24th...May be someone else in this thread can help you out...Are you applying alone or with an agent?