+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Wow. Good news Heshan!!! Almost there...
And also my heartiest congratulations to the members who received their PPRs and best of luck to the others awaiting PPR....
Hard work and patience pays off!!!
Thanks buddy....Yup, inching closer...:)

Good luck for your PR submission...!!!.

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
Hello Sri lankan folks!

Happy to join this thead! I got my IELTS results today and my CRS score jumped to 471. I just want to ask about career reference. Do we have to provide them pay slips or anything else apart from Reference letter? Or just the reference letter is enough??? Please any advice?

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Hello Sri lankan folks!

Happy to join this thead! I got my IELTS results today and my CRS score jumped to 471. I just want to ask about career reference. Do we have to provide them pay slips or anything else apart from Reference letter? Or just the reference letter is enough??? Please any advice?
Hi,

That's a really impressive CRS score there. You should expect an ITA in the upcoming EE draw. As for your concern with reference to Work Experience the reference letter is very important. It would also be advisable if you could attach last 3-6 months payslips, your employer appointment letter and any promotion letters if possible (as supplementary documents). This would give the case processing officer sufficient proof to verify that your work experience is legit. Make sure that the reference letter includes all the relevant details such as job duties, dates worked, full time/permanent employee etc..

Hope this helps...

Reactions: anu1990

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
Hi,

That's a really impressive CRS score there. You should expect an ITA in the upcoming EE draw. As for your concern with reference to Work Experience the reference letter is very important. It would also be advisable if you could attach last 3-6 months payslips, your employer appointment letter and any promotion letters if possible (as supplementary documents). This would give the case processing officer sufficient proof to verify that your work experience is legit. Make sure that the reference letter includes all the relevant details such as job duties, dates worked, full time/permanent employee etc..

Hope this helps...
Thank you very Much for the clear info. I got max mark for age as below 29, and for Education I got 2 or more certificate evaluation from WES as I had a foreign BBA and a 1 year Diploma from NIBM. I have a reference letter from my last employment of 5 years. Actually this is my 7th attempt in IELTS and finally got through with writing today as a result of a remark. Now the CRS score is 471.

So I will upload the reference letter and my last 3 pay slips, and even a couple of pics with office colleagues. Thanks and wish you all the best with your application!!

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Thank you very Much for the clear info. I got max mark for age as below 29, and for Education I got 2 or more certificate evaluation from WES as I had a foreign BBA and a 1 year Diploma from NIBM. I have a reference letter from my last employment of 5 years. Actually this is my 7th attempt in IELTS and finally got through with writing today as a result of a remark. Now the CRS score is 471.

So I will upload the reference letter and my last 3 pay slips, and even a couple of pics with office colleagues. Thanks and wish you all the best with your application!!
Hi,
First of all congrats for the IELTS results, and for achieving a strong CRS Score...

Regarding Work Experience, a reference letter and pay slips for the last 6 months would be enough...Make sure your reference letter contains hours of work, you belongs to the permanent cadre, job duties and responsibilities (As per the NOC you've applied). But, I am confused with the pics you've mentioned...What are those?

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
Hi,
First of all congrats for the IELTS results, and for achieving a strong CRS Score...

Regarding Work Experience, a reference letter and pay slips for the last 6 months would be enough...Make sure your reference letter contains hours of work, you belongs to the permanent cadre, job duties and responsibilities (As per the NOC you've applied). But, I am confused with the pics you've mentioned...What are those?
Well I just did some research in the internet about Career reference and in one of them it mentioned about attaching some pictures with colleagues. So I was thinking to upload an office group pic or two. Anyway as you said I think Pay slips would be sufficient in addition to Reference letter I believe. The reference letter has all the things you mentioned.. So it would be Okay I guess.

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Well I just did some research in the internet about Career reference and in one of them it mentioned about attaching some pictures with colleagues. So I was thinking to upload an office group pic or two. Anyway as you said I think Pay slips would be sufficient in addition to Reference letter I believe. The reference letter has all the things you mentioned.. So it would be Okay I guess.
Please DO NOT do such silly things. It's not advisable, and also not professional...Just upload a reference letter + salary slips. That' it! Why you need to do something that is not been asked by the CIC?

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
Please DO NOT do such silly things. It's not advisable, and also not professional...Just upload a reference letter + salary slips. That' it! Why you need to do something that is not been asked by the CIC?
Yeah I will take your advice. May be colleague pictures are for people who do not have a Reference letter and want to convince the immigration officer that they worked in a place. I have 3 months pay slip (in a row). 4th month payslip was misplaced somewhere. fifth and 6th and going back upto one year I have the other payslips. I will fetch the payslips I have and attach along with reference letter. Thanks for the honest advice mate.

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Yeah I will take your advice. May be colleague pictures are for people who do not have a Reference letter and want to convince the immigration officer that they worked in a place. I have 3 months pay slip (in a row). 4th month payslip was misplaced somewhere. fifth and 6th and going back upto one year I have the other payslips. I will fetch the payslips I have and attach along with reference letter. Thanks for the honest advice mate.
You are welcome mate! Why you want to make a mess of things when you've everything in order...Just a suggestion. Why don't you request for another set of pay slips from your organization if some were misplaced...I don't know how things are happening at your company...But, 6 pay slips in a row would be the ideal case as it will not lead to any kind of manipulations in your application...

qwertySL

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-06-2018
Passport Req..
21-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2019
Yeah just the reference letter, pay slips, and i attached a salary confirmation letter too, which has the salary breakdown (basic salary, fixed allowance, variable allowance etc) i also dont think that photos should be uploaded.

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019

As most members advice and as per CIC guidelines please do not upload pictures as proof as it is not relevant to the visa officer who is processing your application. After such hard work you do not want to have your application refused for attaching documentation that is not relevant. So the reference letter, appointment letter, 6 months payslips would be sufficient. In some cases companies refuse to include annual salary on the reference letter due to their policies. If that's the case try to get a salary breakdown/ salary confirmation letter.

You should expect an ITA in the next draw which would be next week. Wish you all the best.

Dil_Sha

Nov 22, 2018
Hi, I am new to this site. I am a FSW category for Alberta. Applied through an agent.. Did my medical on 18th June. So far no update.. Anyone here for Alberta who did AOR in june?

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Hi, I am new to this site. I am a FSW category for Alberta. Applied through an agent.. Did my medical on 18th June. So far no update.. Anyone here for Alberta who did AOR in june?
According to your timeline you must be in the IP2 phase at least. What was the outcome of your medical exam?