+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Dinu_J

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Guys
Can anyone of you tell me whether Provident Fund balance confirmation is acceptable as proof of funds..?

Dinu_J

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Tha
Yes it is
Thank you for the prompt reply.
But since I'm working at a bank, instead of EPF we have PF.
So the balance confirmation will be issued by my company.
Apart from the balance confirmation do I have to obrain a letter stating that the funds will be released when I leave the country or just the balance confirmation would do?

Dinu_J

Star Member
May 30, 2017
I still haven't got my ECA from WES. been waiting for more than 2months now. useless service.
as I was quite desperate I paid for IQAS as well. just sent all the docs. should get it about two weeks hopefully.

What was your CRS ?
Also, how long did it take for you to get the WES evaluation?
I'm also an ACMA and awaiting WES to complete the evaluation.
Have CLB 10 in IELTS and the only thing that deters my EOI application is the WES evaluation.

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tha

Thank you for the prompt reply.
But since I'm working at a bank, instead of EPF we have PF.
So the balance confirmation will be issued by my company.
Apart from the balance confirmation do I have to obrain a letter stating that the funds will be released when I leave the country or just the balance confirmation would do?
a letter stating that the funds would be issued would be great. My WES evaluation took about 5 weeks

Dinu_J

Star Member
May 30, 2017
a letter stating that the funds would be issued would be great. My WES evaluation took about 5 weeks
Thank you for the info.
I guess you are an independent applicant.
I'm still undecided on whether to go ahead with the process on my own or should I get assistance from an immigration consultant.

In your case, did you only submit the PF balance confirmation..?

Last edited:

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the info.
I guess you are an independent applicant.
I'm still undecided on whether to go ahead with the process on my own or should I get assistance from an immigration consultant.

In your case, did you only submit the PF balance confirmation..?
I'm doing eveything on my own, thanks to this forum. I'll be submitting my epf balance confirmation and the screenshot of the epf office website where it says that u can withdraw the funds when u migrate

Dinu_J

Star Member
May 30, 2017
you just have to send photocopies of all the certificates you received from CIMA, including your ACMA to WES. And request CIMA to send your transcripts to WES with your WES ref.Number.

I am still waiting for the WES Evaluation.

good luck
Hi
Need few clarifications in filling up Education history section in EE profile.
I'm an ACMA of CIMA,
  1. Should I put 3 years as complete academic years?
  2. Full time or Part time?
  3. Country of study-Sri Lanka or UK?
I really appreciate any help you can give me in this regard.

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Need few clarifications in filling up Education history section in EE profile.
I'm an ACMA of CIMA,
  1. Should I put 3 years as complete academic years? - put the time period you were doing the exams. that's the period from your registration to top CIMA.
  2. Full time or Part time? - part time
  3. Country of study-Sri Lanka or UK? - UK
I really appreciate any help you can give me in this regard.
reply coloured in blue

Ashan Indika

Mar 20, 2017
Hi,

Just saw this forum for SL candidates, received ITA on 13April my score was 428 at the time and lodged my application on 28 June. Now the waiting game. My processing was done through an agent

Ashan Indika

Mar 20, 2017
I used EPF funds as well and I also know a colleague of mine at my workplace who used EPF funds and without any issues, she received her immigration stamp about a month ago. Have attached below link to the central bank EPF act. I attached the section part 3 23d along with most up to date balance which you need to goto the 3rd floor of the EPF department in fort to get

http://www.cbsl.gov.lk/pics_n_docs/07_af_4epfm/_docs/epf_act_cap623.pdf

Reactions: ruka and Shivanker

Dinu_J

Star Member
May 30, 2017
hoping to submit it by next week. scheduled my medicals for tomorrow. waiting for my PCC
Hi
What should I put as the "Addressee and the Name of the Authority" when submitting the application for PCC?
Is it "The High Commissioner, High Commission of Canada to Sri Lanka and Maldives" or some other institution in Canada..?

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
What should I put as the "Addressee and the Name of the Authority" when submitting the application for PCC?
Is it "The High Commissioner, High Commission of Canada to Sri Lanka and Maldives" or some other institution in Canada..?
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Department of Canada.