+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
They won't put that sentence in the letter..
Mine just said that there is this much of balance in my account.
CIC people knows that funds will be released once you resign from the company
Ok. Thank you for the help.

Do they have to address it to IRCC?

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
How did you give the reference letters?

Notarized docs from immediate supervisor? Or straight from HR?

I have an odd situation. Coz my previous boss in my previous place is no longer there and is working the same company as I am in now.

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
Hey Guys, first post here. Really lovely to see an SL community here.

I just started the process and need help with Education Assesment.
1. Do I need to send O/L and A/L certificates to WES? If yes, how should I send them?
2. Anyone familiar with sending BCS (British Computer Society) transcripts and certificates to WES? What is the best way to do that?

Thanks in Advanced.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hey Guys, first post here. Really lovely to see an SL community here.

I just started the process and need help with Education Assesment.
1. Do I need to send O/L and A/L certificates to WES? If yes, how should I send them?
2. Anyone familiar with sending BCS (British Computer Society) transcripts and certificates to WES? What is the best way to do that?

Thanks in Advanced.
Hi Sandaruwan. Welcome to the forum.

1. No you dont have to. Send only the highest qualification u have.
2. Sorry dont have any experience. But you will have to request the certified transcripts from BCS UK if im not mistaken. You might be able to check with the local institute here for more info.

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks Akila for your reply,

Regarding the A/L and O/Ls, the WES website says: "Please include your secondary education and higher education study for analysis.".
Does this mean that I have to enter the O/L and A/L details including the School name etc.. but there is no need to send the supporting documents? or no need to enter and send at all?

Thanks, I will check with ESoft and BCS regarding the second point.

jeesh

Aug 26, 2017
Sri Lanka
If ur O'Level and A'Level is Edexel, then it will cost quite a bit. So do you really want to spend so much for insignificant points if at all?

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
If ur O'Level and A'Level is Edexel, then it will cost quite a bit. So do you really want to spend so much for insignificant points if at all?
Hi, it is not Edexcel. I will not mention anything about A/L or O/L in the WES application. Is that safe?
(sorry if I am repeating myself, just concerned about the instructions mentioned in WES).

Thanks.

jeesh

Aug 26, 2017
Sri Lanka
No worries. I dont think it would make a big difference. You dont need to mention. What education you want assessed is entirely up to you.

IELTS can get you a lot more points, so i guess emphasis should be more on that.

What other qualifications do you have?

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the explanation.

I have completed my IELTS and has CLB9 in all modules. So, looking good there :)
I have 3+ years of work experience. BCS Diploma + Topup BSc (Hons) from UK University.
Completed the degree last month, waiting for them to release transcript and degree certification.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
@Sandaruwan
Just do the BCS Diploma and top-up degree evaluation only. You will get them evaluated by WES as two separate qualifications. The certified ones should be directly submitted to WES through the relevant foreign awarding university/ institute, not the local teaching institute. You dont have to send the A/L or O/L certificates for assessment.

jeesh

Aug 26, 2017
Sri Lanka
Thanks for the explanation.

I have completed my IELTS and has CLB9 in all modules. So, looking good there :)
I have 3+ years of work experience. BCS Diploma + Topup BSc (Hons) from UK University.
Completed the degree last month, waiting for them to release transcript and degree certification.
Terrific!
Just one thing. Check whether WES typically accepts qualifications from your institution. Then ur good to go!

I have an MBA from a British Uni, offered in SL. Unfortunately WES wasnt willing to accept that, have lost a month and a half due to that.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Terrific!
Just one thing. Check whether WES typically accepts qualifications from your institution. Then ur good to go!

I have an MBA from a British Uni, offered in SL. Unfortunately WES wasnt willing to accept that, have lost a month and a half due to that.
:confused::confused:

What was the MBA? What was the Uni? What did WES give the reason?

A MBA which was awarded by UK was not accepted. Wow. Thats so not good.

jeesh

Aug 26, 2017
Sri Lanka
Uni of Wales. Its just their policy they dont evaluate from certain institutions. Particularly they are very finicky abt foreign qualifications which are offered locally through an institution.

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
@Sandaruwan
Just do the BCS Diploma and top-up degree evaluation only. You will get them evaluated by WES as two separate qualifications. The certified ones should be directly submitted to WES through the relevant foreign awarding university/ institute, not the local teaching institute. You dont have to send the A/L or O/L certificates for assessment.
I have already emailed BCS and UK Uni to start the process and to understand their procedure of sending transcripts.
Thanks for the clarification regarding O/L and A/L.

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
Terrific!

I can see both the institutes are listed in WES. So I think it will be okay in my case. Thanks for the info.