NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
So I was literally in the middle of calling CIC in google hangouts and writing an e-mail to CPC Ottawa when I received a response from the web form that they got my file and forwarded it to the responsible office.
Took a bit longer, than I hoped for, but yay. :D
I REALLY hope i'll get the ppr in the next 1-3 weeks (giving a month for COPR processing etc.), or I guess I'll have to airbnb for a while. Cutting it close... :)
They typically say 5-10 working days to add new info to an application so that seems positive! You may still need to wait for it to hit the appropriate agent for review but at least you can rest assured they'll have the documentation they need

hockeypuck

Jul 22, 2019
So I was literally in the middle of calling CIC in google hangouts and writing an e-mail to CPC Ottawa when I received a response from the web form that they got my file and forwarded it to the responsible office.
Took a bit longer, than I hoped for, but yay. :D
I REALLY hope i'll get the ppr in the next 1-3 weeks (giving a month for COPR processing etc.), or I guess I'll have to airbnb for a while. Cutting it close... :)
I was also looking at the COPR / Biometrics processing times. Assuming that, since their processing time is part of the 6 month timeline and you get 30 days to complete both, giving bio on the day it was requested will result in my application being processed in well under 6 months. And here I am, still waiting on day 177, looking for a new place to live in Dublin. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
I was also looking at the COPR / Biometrics processing times. Assuming that, since their processing time is part of the 6 month timeline and you get 30 days to complete both, giving bio on the day it was requested will result in my application being processed in well under 6 months. And here I am, still waiting on day 177, looking for a new place to live in Dublin. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
Aye, unfortunately every case is different and for whatever reason, extended processing does happen.

In their case, they're submitting information to clarify a point of concern so let's all hope they don't end up in the same scenario, eh? =]

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Hi all

Can anyone please advise. My 6 months was up on 6 August. According to Ralph, eligibility and security are passed. Criminality in progress. From GCMS notes my file is flagged due to poor quality fingerprints.

Last time I called IRCC they couldn't give me information because my file is at London VO. Now that 6 months have passed, is it worth me contacting them again to send a message to the relevant agent (as a lot of people seem to do)? Or would they just say they can't do that because my file is not being processed in Canada?

Thanks

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Hi all

Can anyone please advise. My 6 months was up on 6 August. According to Ralph, eligibility and security are passed. Criminality in progress. From GCMS notes my file is flagged due to poor quality fingerprints.

Last time I called IRCC they couldn't give me information because my file is at London VO. Now that 6 months have passed, is it worth me contacting them again to send a message to the relevant agent (as a lot of people seem to do)? Or would they just say they can't do that because my file is not being processed in Canada?

Thanks
Hey, you should still be able to raise a CSE. If you think them saying they can't do anything is likely, consider asking them what the appropriate method for contact is given a CSE is the only method advised

gkns

May 30, 2019
I sent an e-mail to CPC Ottawa to ask them if they received my new file and if it's ok, because I want to avoid any further delays.
Got a template response politely urging me to not e-mail anymore (at least that's how the last sentence looks like). Why did I even expect anything else. :(

"Good day,

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,"

Reactions: PrasadK

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yeah, that last line is definitely very callous.. and very standard for IRCC

gkns

May 30, 2019
Just got a ghost update!
Given that my app was in a queue for review by the officer, could it mean that an officer has actually started reviewing it?
Or they've just added the file I sent them 3 weeks ago, but for the sake of my sanity I'll assume the officer is reviewing it. :)

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
I got a GU on Tuesday. I emailed Ralph's office that night and was told my application was approved 20th August!

I still don't have the golden email though. Is that normal? London VO.

Reactions: Scottish Aly

gkns

May 30, 2019
I got a GU on Tuesday. I emailed Ralph's office that night and was told my application was approved 20th August!

I still don't have the golden email though. Is that normal? London VO.
I heard cases like that, if you don't get it soon it's probably a good idea to e-mail the VO. (or just do it right away, who knows, might help)
I read about someone being processed in Warsaw with their app being approved for 3 months before they got the PPR. Probably fell through the cracks...
BTW is this your first GU?

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
I heard cases like that, if you don't get it soon it's probably a good idea to e-mail the VO. (or just do it right away, who knows, might help)
I read about someone being processed in Warsaw with their app being approved for 3 months before they got the PPR. Probably fell through the cracks...
BTW is this your first GU?
Thanks. Yes it's my first GU.

gkns

May 30, 2019
I think I'll e-mail Ralph too, the info might save me the hassle of finding a new flat. When you e-mail Ralph, do you actually address it to him? Cause I doubt it's him handling those e-mails. :)

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
I think I'll e-mail Ralph too, the info might save me the hassle of finding a new flat. When you e-mail Ralph, do you actually address it to him? Cause I doubt it's him handling those e-mails. :)
See p 237 of the Feb aor thread for a template

gkns

May 30, 2019
Thx, addressed to Ralph it is then. One thing I never understood, why is his office even responding to those and actually checking the statuses? Isn't he the minister of public safety? Is it just someone very helpful in his staff?