+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Europe and USA

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes. She is two years younger than me so more points!
Hmm okay makes sense. It is disappointing that the analyst failed to note why he was not happy with the work experience documentation. You mention that all duties were listed so the only possible options are
1. Was her compensation mentioned on the letter or substantiated with any other documentation?
2. Was the letter on official letter head?
3. Were the dates clearly stated for period of employment?
4. Was the date the letter was issued clearly stated?
5. Were the duties listed a good match for the NOC that was chosen?

If answer to all above is yes, then you have nothing to worry about ... but analyst action has caused unjustifiable delay.

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hmm okay makes sense. It is disappointing that the analyst failed to note why he was not happy with the work experience documentation. You mention that all duties were listed so the only possible options are
1. Was her compensation mentioned on the letter or substantiated with any other documentation?
2. Was the letter on official letter head?
3. Were the dates clearly stated for period of employment?
4. Was the date the letter was issued clearly stated?
5. Were the duties listed a good match for the NOC that was chosen?

If answer to all above is yes, then you have nothing to worry about ... but analyst action has caused unjustifiable delay.
Hi Cansha,

Thanks for the above. Not only is the answer to all of the above yes, the analyst actually noted all of the above in his comments, and still required the review!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Cansha,

Thanks for the above. Not only is the answer to all of the above yes, the analyst actually noted all of the above in his comments, and still required the review!
Damn .. what can I say? It seems like he probably wrote Review Required as muscle memory. The bad thing is that it delays your process but the good thing is that whenever the file is picked next it will be approved and you won't have any ADRs causing delays.

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Damn .. what can I say? It seems like he probably wrote Review Required as muscle memory. The bad thing is that it delays your process but the good thing is that whenever the file is picked next it will be approved and you won't have any ADRs causing delays.
That is a little silver lining in the cloud, however at the moment it feels like forgetting about a headache because someone has kicked you in the nuts!

draxxemsklounst

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
They didn’t touch my file!!
To say I am pretty fucked off right now would be a huge understatement.
I feel for both of you, I'm just generally fecked off now with the whole thing from my own situation and then reading this only makes it worse. Sunday marked 8 months of waiting for me.

I'm sure we'll all look back in a year's time and laugh about this when we're living the dream in Canada.

Reactions: OptimisticEric

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
I feel for both of you, I'm just generally fecked off now with the whole thing from my own situation and then reading this only makes it worse. Sunday marked 8 months of waiting for me.

I'm sure we'll all look back in a year's time and laugh about this when we're living the dream in Canada.
I’m sure you’re right. I have managed to calm down a little without calling someone at IRCC and subjecting the poor person who picks up the phone to a sustained barrage that casts doubt on their parents fidelity and/or moral predilections.

The notes really are a dull read over 115 pages of mostly standard reports generated on the GCMS system. However, interestingly whilst a lot of the security stuff is redacted, there are bits of info in there. More interestingly for me, is that despite being told that my criminality and security checks hadn’t started, in black and white I can see that our criminality is recommended passed and that the info sharing with NZ and USA was completed in mid-August (UK and Australia seem to be redacted).

My take home from this is, as many people have said, the responses to CSEs and things that Agents tell you on the phone, may well be total rubbish!

rutsky

Nov 16, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
I’m sure you’re right. I have managed to calm down a little without calling someone at IRCC and subjecting the poor person who picks up the phone to a sustained barrage that casts doubt on their parents fidelity and/or moral predilections.

The notes really are a dull read over 115 pages of mostly standard reports generated on the GCMS system. However, interestingly whilst a lot of the security stuff is redacted, there are bits of info in there. More interestingly for me, is that despite being told that my criminality and security checks hadn’t started, in black and white I can see that our criminality is recommended passed and that the info sharing with NZ and USA was completed in mid-August (UK and Australia seem to be redacted).

My take home from this is, as many people have said, the responses to CSEs and things that Agents tell you on the phone, may well be total rubbish!
i completely agree with you agents on the phone sometimes dont give you the full information as you would get on your notes also just to let you know ive worked in FTSE 100 companies most of my working life and when i got my notes it was initially review required in August and in November it got passed by a senior officer so all her information might have been correct but the first person to look at it might have some doubt but it eventually gets passed when it goes to a senior officer to review. i am not sure what your visa office is but mine is Ottawa and i strongly believe it would have been passed from the first go if it was being processed in the UK.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
More interestingly for me, is that despite being told that my criminality and security checks hadn’t started, in black and white I can see that our criminality is recommended passed and that the info sharing with NZ and USA was completed in mid-August (UK and Australia seem to be redacted).
I think the reason for that is that the agents on phone only have access to first two pages of your GCMS notes and then the section which shows the incoming / outgoing communication. My best educated guess is they don't have access to the detailed analyst notes on the last few pages as those have far too sensitive information.
The criminality recommended pass is done at the R10 check stage itself but the agent is not wrong when it says it is not started. He/She is reading the status off the summary that is shown on first 2 pages of GCMS notes.

Sereena13

Jan 30, 2019
Yes, I applied via CEC. My AOR was 12th August and I received PPR on 6th February, which was 6 days shy of my 6 month date.
Oh this is so interesting! I've been getting my knickers in a twist about not having received my Biometrics request yet as most others in the main forum seem to get them with MEP!

Timeline so far is:
AOR - 19th December
MEP - 31st January

Sereena13

Jan 30, 2019
From what I understand, eligibility in our profile doesn't typically change, however, calls to them from folks like @USProgrammer have suggested thry have a slightly different profile view which can show whether eligibility is met or not.

Interesting that they say the security and background check don't start until eligibility is met. If that's accurate information, that would set a lot of minds at ease. That said, I believe another person called and said that their security was in progress but eligibility was listed as not started.

To be clear @OptimisticEric was your background check status still listed as "we'll get in touch when we start" this whole time?

If the person on the phone's information is accurate and they do not start background processing until eligibility is listed as met, then presumably, anyone whose status fir background switches to in progress (commonly referred to as ip2 here) would be past the eligibility phase.

I'll give them a call myself tomorrow to get the details of my own application and see if verifies/confirms any of this (as I'm not expecting my application to be simple)

Either way, thanks so much for the update. I hope your GCMS sheds some light for you

Sorry for the late reply on this, I've only just seen this thread! Thanks so much for starting it, was exactly what we needed! The person you're referencing with the different status' being started was me. I used the specific questions someone noted to ask on the call in the December AOR thread and the person I spoke with said my criminality was being worked on, but security and eligibility had not yet started.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hey guys :) What a lively and interesting discussion.

I applied last year as FSW-O from the US. You can see my timeline in my signature (basically, AOR June 12; PPR July 26). I'm due to land this Saturday to officially become a PR, but I will only be staying for a week, after which I will head back to the states until later this year. I'm very much looking forward to it!

Sereena13

Jan 30, 2019
Did anyone here do their medical upfront? I've received ITA and am currently completing the forms, but am yet to get to the document-upload stage. That said, I've booked my medical for next week so I'm curious of everyone's experience.
Yep, I did my Medical before I even got my ITA. Didn't mean my MEP was passed any faster though.

Did my medical 14th Nov, ITA 15th Nov, AOR, 19th December, MEP 31st January.

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hey guys :) What a lively and interesting discussion.

I applied last year as FSW-O from the US. You can see my timeline in my signature (basically, AOR June 12; PPR July 26). I'm due to land this Saturday to officially become a PR, but I will only be staying for a week, after which I will head back to the states until later this year. I'm very much looking forward to it!
Wow, that was a rather quick turnaround!

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
I sent a CSE yesterday for an update and I’ve just received this reply! Now I have no idea if this is good news or not... I have to wait... this is killing me... I must think positive. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Good day ****

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scottish Aly

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I sent a CSE yesterday for an update and I’ve just received this reply! Now I have no idea if this is good news for not... I have to wait... this is killing me... I must think positive. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Good day ****

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Given the speed at which yours has been processed, I can't imagine it's bad! Let's cross our fingers.

Reactions: TheNorms