2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
I'm hoping y'all receive updates soon.

You ever just glad you weren't sick when you scheduled your medical? I have the flu and my joints would not have been happy about the tests they did that day =P

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
I'm hoping y'all receive updates soon.

You ever just glad you weren't sick when you scheduled your medical? I have the flu and my joints would not have been happy about the tests they did that day =P
Hope you feel better soon! I just can't believe how much they charge for such a quick medical.
Definitely don't want to

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hope you feel better soon! I just can't believe how much they charge for such a quick medical.
Definitely don't want to
We ended up having our medicals done in Canada and it was about the third of the cost. The Doctor almost fell off his chair when I showed him what people were being charged in the uk!

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
We ended up having our medicals done in Canada and it was about the third of the cost. The Doctor almost fell off his chair when I showed him what people were being charged in the uk!

Sorry for some reason my messages are cutting off; that was meant to say definitely don't want to do that again!

You're joking? That so frustrating, not only did we have to take time off work to go have them done (because heaven forbid it's actually done outside the normal working day) but it was about 30 minutes and cost over £300!
Oh well. It's done now. Hopefully it'll all be worth it and next year we'll be making our move to the Great White North!

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
It’s interesting how much different doctors charge, we are on PEI and for the whole island one doctor has the complete monopoly for IRCC medicals. We are a family of 4 the only thing our daughter didn’t have done due to her age were bloods. The whole experience for us cost just under $2,500. My wife did try to get hold of a Dr in Moncton just for comparison just they never answered the phone!

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
It’s interesting how much different doctors charge, we are on PEI and for the whole island one doctor has the complete monopoly for IRCC medicals. We are a family of 4 the only thing our daughter didn’t have done due to her age were bloods. The whole experience for us cost just under $2,500. My wife did try to get hold of a Dr in Moncton just for comparison just they never answered the phone!
That is shocking! Our medicals for all four of us of came in at about $700 including bloods etc. The clinic in London UK was quoting £1200. The difference in cost paid for our flights to Canada.

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
That is shocking! Our medicals for all four of us of came in at about $700 including bloods etc. The clinic in London UK was quoting £1200. The difference in cost paid for our flights to Canada.
Wow now I know we were robbed, you definitely made the right decision waiting till you arrived.

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Wow now I know we were robbed, you definitely made the right decision waiting till you arrived.
The clinic we used was Immigration Medical Examiners in Kitchener, Ontario (should you or anyone else have to do another medical).
We have more than spent the difference in cost in our trip across Canada since!

Reactions: TheNorms

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Yeah, Manchester only has the one place that offers medicals. I don't regret using them as they were extremely professional and very reassuring. I have major medical anxiety so it was worth it, but you can absolutely guarantee they wouldn't be able to charge as much with competition in town

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Yeah, Manchester only has the one place that offers medicals. I don't regret using them as they were extremely professional and very reassuring. I have major medical anxiety so it was worth it, but you can absolutely guarantee they wouldn't be able to charge as much with competition in town
We went to the one in Manchester too :)
He was lovely, definitely made it a more enjoyable experience.

draxxemsklounst

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hey folks, UK applicant checking in. AOR June 17th, still waiting in Review Required.

I posted my story in the June thread if you're interested. I can particularly sympathise with OptimisticEric, I quit my job in November because I thought I'd have my visa by now!

Have a decent weekend all.

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Hey folks, UK applicant checking in. AOR June 17th, still waiting in Review Required.

I posted my story in the June thread if you're interested. I can particularly sympathise with OptimisticEric, I quit my job in November because I thought I'd have my visa by now!

Welcome fellow Brit, I’ve just read your post in the June thread, wow you should have reached out to the forum earlier. Some very knowledgable guys on here and we try to be positive through the frustrations of IRCC. I had the exact same problems with my UK employer sounds just like DPD... Your notes will hopefully give you the info you need to find out exactly what’s going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: draxxemsklounst

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019

Welcome to the waiting lounge. Just read your post in the June thread. I was optimistic because one of the UK guys got his PPR this week with an AOR of 3rd July. Your story has just killed that!

Hopefully you will hear something soon buddy!

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019

Hey! Welcome
Just read your story on the other thread, I am so sorry to hear about your delays. I think the not knowing is the most difficult thing. Just being kept in the dark without any communication or assistance, it blows.

Can I ask a stupid question? How do you know you're in Review required? Is this on your portal page?

Nat