12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Hi Ice Cube

I called my regular travel agent who has given me good prices in all my travels. I have PM his contact details. My advice is to inquire from other agents and airlines and try to get the best fair. Then speak to the my agent and get his price. He almost all the time will beat all other quoted prices. Also other pointers are to ask for the lowest booking class and to book early. Also if you don't mind long transits and stopovers, you can try getting sector tickets. If you are hoping to come back within a year for a holiday or any other reason, you may want to consider getting a return ticket as most of the time flights/tickets originating from Colombo are cheaper. Hope this will help. Keep in touch

Cheers

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
await said:
Hi Ice Cube

I called my regular travel agent who has given me good prices in all my travels. I have PM his contact details. My advice is to inquire from other agents and airlines and try to get the best fair. Then speak to the my agent and get his price. He almost all the time will beat all other quoted prices. Also other pointers are to ask for the lowest booking class and to book early. Also if you don't mind long transits and stopovers, you can try getting sector tickets. If you are hoping to come back within a year for a holiday or any other reason, you may want to consider getting a return ticket as most of the time flights/tickets originating from Colombo are cheaper. Hope this will help. Keep in touch
Cheers
Thanks buddy. I will do that tomorrow and also will call your friend too.
ice cube

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Ice Cube said:
Thanks buddy. I will do that tomorrow and also will call your friend too.
ice cube
My pleasure...

All the best!

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
hey guys,
I got my passport stamped today. I just want to share this with you. This lady at the reception had my entire fill with her when she was ready to issue me the PP. I saw every single document i sent to CHC was in my file, except, Police certificates. Before she handed my PP and other papers, she went through my file and my documents again. I had sent my original reference letters with Full doc submission and I asked her return them to me as I would need them when i am in Canada. So she said that she could not give me any documents which were addressed to CHC, and returned me those original docs addressed to me. So it seemed to me that every single document we send to CHC is kept in file, even those copies of email which i sent to prove how i obtianed from external bodies (Local and International).
Since you all have submitted supporting documents by now, hope this would be of any help if you are asked for any additional docs.
ice cube

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Ice Cube said:
hey guys,
I got my passport stamped today. I just want to share this with you. This lady at the reception had my entire fill with her when she was ready to issue me the PP. I saw every single document i sent to CHC was in my file, except, Police certificates. Before she handed my PP and other papers, she went through my file and my documents again. I had sent my original reference letters with Full doc submission and I asked her return them to me as I would need them when i am in Canada. So she said that she could not give me any documents which were addressed to CHC, and returned me those original docs addressed to me. So it seemed to me that every single document we send to CHC is kept in file, even those copies of email which i sent to prove how i obtianed from external bodies (Local and International).
Since you all have submitted supporting documents by now, hope this would be of any help if you are asked for any additional docs.
ice cube
Thanks for sharing the information with us. So I guess your left with one last step, The Landing. Again Congrats and all the best

Cheers!

bundy

Nov 30, 2010
Hi to all Colombo applicants!

I have applied thro' a consultant in 01111 Accounting /Finance in Dec2007. It is almost 3 years but have not heard of any good news yet.
My PR status was shown as " in process" in oct 2010. But now it has disappeared in cic web site. I am worried.
Any advice?
pls help.

Bundy.

fenil72

Dec 14, 2010
Hi Guys,

I was issued a study permit on 9th December. The visa shows the category as SW-1.

Does anybody know what this implies?

The issuing officer had told me after the interview that he is issuing me a work permit also alongwith the study permit.

I am not sure what this all means.........somebody please help.

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
bundy said:
Hi to all Colombo applicants!

I have applied thro' a consultant in 01111 Accounting /Finance in Dec2007. It is almost 3 years but have not heard of any good news yet.
My PR status was shown as " in process" in oct 2010. But now it has disappeared in cic web site. I am worried.
Any advice?
pls help.

Bundy.
Hi Bundy

I am no expert but if i were you I would do a case specific inquiry. Its good news that your case changed to IN PROCESS. However I don't understand what you mean by disappeared, can you clarify? what does you e-cas status indicate now?

All the best

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
fenil72 said:
Hi Guys,

I was issued a study permit on 9th December. The visa shows the category as SW-1.

Does anybody know what this implies?

The issuing officer had told me after the interview that he is issuing me a work permit also alongwith the study permit.

I am not sure what this all means.........somebody please help.
Hi Fenil72,

Thats right. SW-1 means you are getting a student permit with a work permit you to work as well. S-1 is only a student permit where you are prohibited from working.

source: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/DescriptionCanadianTempVisas_CategoriesVisasTemporaireCanadiens.aspx

Hope it helps
All the best
Cheers!

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
await said:
Hi Bundy

I am no expert but if i were you I would do a case specific inquiry. Its good news that your case changed to IN PROCESS. However I don't understand what you mean by disappeared, can you clarify? what does you e-cas status indicate now?

All the best
Hi await and bundy,
I think wht bundy meant by " disappeared is that he cant see his appication online status now. whatever it is, I strongly suggest bundy to visit CHC in person. CHC is opened from 11.30am 1.30pm for all these sort of enquiries. Like await said, you may first make a case specific enquiry and see if you can get a favorable reply.
Good Luck Bundy.
ice cube

bundy

Nov 30, 2010
Hi Await & Icecube,

Thanks for the ideas.

What I meant by "disappearance " is when I log on to the cic site & feeds in all the info like,file no:,Surname, DoB,& country , under the status, it shows a blank.Whereas it was shown as " in process" in Oct 2010.

Further I have applied thro' a consultant, thus is it allright for me to do a case specific enqiury thro' an email fom the CHC re. my status?

Last time when I went to CHC there was a long queue to get into the HC, & the security wanted me to come on another date as they take only 20pax for a day?

Thanks

Bundy

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
bundy said:
Hi Await & Icecube,

Thanks for the ideas.

What I meant by "disappearance " is when I log on to the cic site & feeds in all the info like,file no:,Surname, DoB,& country , under the status, it shows a blank.Whereas it was shown as " in process" in Oct 2010.

Further I have applied thro' a consultant, thus is it allright for me to do a case specific enqiury thro' an email fom the CHC re. my status?
Last time when I went to CHC there was a long queue to get into the HC, & the security wanted me to come on another date as they take only 20pax for a day?
Thanks
Bundy
Hi Bundy, The best thing is, just visit CHC in person. get there around 10.am . If you do not put some efforts at this time, you will continue to have troubles. If I were you, I would definitely fire my consultant and do everything else on my own. If your consultant doesn't have any idea of what is going on with your application, (even if s/he does, can you really rely on his/ her answers) why do you need a consultant for that anyway? So, please go to CHC and get things sorted out.
Good luck buddy,
Ice cube

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Ice Cube said:
Hi Bundy, The best thing is, just visit CHC in person. get there around 10.am . If you do not put some efforts at this time, you will continue to have troubles. If I were you, I would definitely fire my consultant and do everything else on my own. If your consultant doesn't have any idea of what is going on with your application, (even if s/he does, can you really rely on his/ her answers) why do you need a consultant for that anyway? So, please go to CHC and get things sorted out.
Good luck buddy,
Ice cube
Hi Bundy,

I totally agree with Ice cube. I also had the same problem visiting the CHC, however the next day the security remembered me and took me in. I also think it better to visit them in person. If all fails I think its better to order CAIPS. Good luck and keep us posted.
Cheers

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
await said:
Hi Bundy,

I totally agree with Ice cube. I also had the same problem visiting the CHC, however the next day the security remembered me and took me in. I also think it better to visit them in person. If all fails I think its better to order CAIPS. Good luck and keep us posted.
Cheers
Hi, Let me add this too. If you have any questions, just send msg to Qorax/PMM or other senior members here. They wont get mad at us for asking the same stupid questions over and over. These members honestly want to help us whereas consultants just want to make some money out of us by doing almost nothing.
Do not wait any longer, visit CHC in person and like await said, CAIPS would give you a good picture of the current sitution of your application. Ice cube

bundy

Nov 30, 2010
Dear Ice cube, Await

Pls let me know how to message" Qorax/PMM" & also re."order to CAIPS".

Await,
I will check in to the CHC. s you said.

Thanks

Bundy