Passport Req..
29-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2012
LANDED..........
13-01-2013
await said:
Hi Ice Cube

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yeah I think you are right and will take your advice and wait till Jan next year. Anyway I really don't think anything much is going to happen in December. As for what I've read in this forum most other CHC the medical request comes almost as soon as the case goes in to in process. It looks like Colombo is a bit different that way, the case changes to in process quickly but you have a long wait after that for medicals.

Anyways will keep my fingers crossed, Many thanks Ice cube appreciate it.
Cheers
I've sent my 2nd stage docs in mid of Oct 10 ecase status still " received by VO". its been two months. Don't know why takes this long to change to "in-process"

Thanks,
Aran

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Hi Aran

My case it took about 6weeks from 2nd AOR to go in to IN PROCESS. So I think you should get it around next week. However I've heard that in December most VO slow down. So keep your fingers crossed Hopefully you should get it next week or early Jan.

All the best

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
aran said:
I've sent my 2nd stage docs in mid of Oct 10 ecase status still " received by VO". its been two months. Don't know why takes this long to change to "in-process"
Thanks,
Aran
Hi Aran,
I sent my full documents to Visa office on March 12th and got my second AOR on March 18th and ecase was updated to In Process on March 22nd. Did your second AOR mention any time period of application processing?

Good luck
Ice cube

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
Hey guys,
I like to share this good news with you. I got a call from CHC today when I was in the gym, unfortunately, I missed it. And then CHC called my mother (house phone) and left her a msg asking me to show up at the visa office on Monday Morning. I tried calling CHC back and receptionist said that she did not know who called me in the office and put me through to msg recorder. However, I did not leave any msg. When I checked my emails, I got this email from CHC saying that My visa is ready for collection and i was asked to bring my passport to this visa office on Monday. It also said that CHC cannot mail or courier passports as it is against the Sri Lankan law. I may come in person or authorize someone on behalf of you to collect my passport(s), but not a courier company. I have given one month to collect my visa and if not collected, it would be expired.

So guys, my ecase still continues to show in process, No medical received is updated yet. So, do not worry too much about your ecase being updated. No one can give very accurate predictions of our application updates. Every application is handled differently.

Since you all wait for medical, I like to recommend Dr. S.R Paranavitane in Nugegoda as your DMP. I called every DMP in the medical request letter and checked their fees, and how fast they could send our medicals results to regional medical office in Singapore. Among them, DR. S.R Paranavitane takes about two days to send the medical reports to RMO in Singapore, whereas others, take about 3 to 4 days and do the check ups within 10 mins.
Once, I was told by one of the senior members here that a copy of our medical results goes to CHC and the other copy to Regional Medical office in singapore. Our medical results only goes to regional medical office and they inform our CHC.

A suggestion for you! I have CHC contact No saved in my mobile and suggest that you guys also wanna save that number, so if or whenever you get a call from CHC, you will know that is an important call. Personally, when I get a call from CHC, i am nervous and i was contacted few occasions. Alright guys, good luck to you all. Let me know if there is anyway i could be of help to you.
Ice cube

Emcool00

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-02-10
AOR Received.
09-02-10
File Transfer...
09-04-10
Med's Request
29-04-10
Med's Done....
25-05-10
Passport Req..
11-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
Congrats. This must be a wonderful xmas gift from CHC.

Thank God season of good news is gradualy returning to this forum.

Wishing you allthe best in Canada.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
Emcool00 said:
Congrats. This must be a wonderful xmas gift from CHC.

Thank God season of good news is gradualy returning to this forum.

Wishing you allthe best in Canada.
Thanks. Good luck to you as well!
Ice cube

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Ice Cube said:
Hey guys,
I like to share this good news with you. I got a call from CHC today when I was in the gym, unfortunately, I missed it. And then CHC called my mother (house phone) and left her a msg asking me to show up at the visa office on Monday Morning. I tried calling CHC back and receptionist said that she did not know who called me in the office and put me through to msg recorder. However, I did not leave any msg. When I checked my emails, I got this email from CHC saying that My visa is ready for collection and i was asked to bring my passport to this visa office on Monday. It also said that CHC cannot mail or courier passports as it is against the Sri Lankan law. I may come in person or authorize someone on behalf of you to collect my passport(s), but not a courier company. I have given one month to collect my visa and if not collected, it would be expired.

So guys, my ecase still continues to show in process, No medical received is updated yet. So, do not worry too much about your ecase being updated. No one can give very accurate predictions of our application updates. Every application is handled differently.

Since you all wait for medical, I like to recommend Dr. S.R Paranavitane in Nugegoda as your DMP. I called every DMP in the medical request letter and checked their fees, and how fast they could send our medicals results to regional medical office in Singapore. Among them, DR. S.R Paranavitane takes about two days to send the medical reports to RMO in Singapore, whereas others, take about 3 to 4 days and do the check ups within 10 mins.
Once, I was told by one of the senior members here that a copy of our medical results goes to CHC and the other copy to Regional Medical office in singapore. Our medical results only goes to regional medical office and they inform our CHC.

A suggestion for you! I have CHC contact No saved in my mobile and suggest that you guys also wanna save that number, so if or whenever you get a call from CHC, you will know that is an important call. Personally, when I get a call from CHC, i am nervous and i was contacted few occasions. Alright guys, good luck to you all. Let me know if there is anyway i could be of help to you.
Ice cube
Wow thats great news... Congrats and all the best. Can you share how long it took from medicals exams to passport request? I was told that BG checks are done after medicals and it could take anything from 3-9months. Anyways no complaints here, its great to know Colombo processing times specially post medicals are fast.

Good luck,
Cheers

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
await said:
Wow thats great news... Congrats and all the best. Can you share how long it took from medicals exams to passport request? I was told that BG checks are done after medicals and it could take anything from 3-9months. Anyways no complaints here, its great to know Colombo processing times specially post medicals are fast.
Good luck,
Cheers
Hi await,
I got medical request on Nov.8th., did the medical on 14th. and I got PPR request Dec.9th. I have noticed in Trakit as well that recent PPR has been made within very short period after medical by Colombo CHC. However, there is something bit odd in my case, that is I have six police certificates from six different countries (FBI and state clearance, EU, Canada and Sri Lanka) and how come security check on my file has been this quick. I think, among so many factors, NOC codes and how well our application is presented (Organization, quality and quantity) do influence on how fast the application is processed to a certain extent.
Anyways, Guys, if you need any information, do not hesitate to PM me.
I am planning to land in Jan, 2011 and does anyone of you have idea where i can get a cheaper flight ticket?
Thanks Ice cube

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Hi Ice cube

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes thats great to know that medicals to PPR is given in a short period. I too have 2 police reports UK and Sri Lanka and was concerned that BG checks will take long. My case was also well presented and all required documentation and certificates etc are in order. Hopefully will get medical request soon. I'll get back to you on air fares. Have a few friends in the trade. Are you hoping to land in Toronto? Will PM details and contact numbers

All the best
Cheers

tabacheng24

Dec 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CONFUSED

just wanted to ask you some questions: first, I did apply my PR last October 1 2010 under FSW,mailed my complete forms and documents to CIO sydney Nova Scotia and paid fee by credit card, I have checked my online banking and found out that the CIO sydney Nova Scotia took $550 for my fee in applying PR/FSW in my credit card last October 28 2010.
As for now, I am waiting of any letter by chances coming from CIO or Buffalo for what will be next move I have to make.

Question 1: Once the CIO took any form of payment from an applicant under FSW,is that guaranteed that your papers are in process for PR here in canada? and guaranteed for a PR staus?
Q2 : What do you think Is the next move I have to Do?
Q3 : How many days or months do I have to wait?

Since my work permit will expire this coming January 2011, I did apply to change my condition and extend my stay as a worker last DEC.5,2010

Q4 : Is applying for both status will ruin any application?

Q5 : nor neither one of them will be refused?

thanks much hope you reply me..

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
await said:
Hi Ice cube

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes thats great to know that medicals to PPR is given in a short period. I too have 2 police reports UK and Sri Lanka and was concerned that BG checks will take long. My case was also well presented and all required documentation and certificates etc are in order. Hopefully will get medical request soon. I'll get back to you on air fares. Have a few friends in the trade. Are you hoping to land in Toronto? Will PM details and contact numbers
All the best
Cheers
Thanks Await. landing in Vancouver, BC. Appreciate it!
Ice cube

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
Re: CONFUSED

tabacheng24 said:
just wanted to ask you some questions: first, I did apply my PR last October 1 2010 under FSW,mailed my complete forms and documents to CIO sydney Nova Scotia and paid fee by credit card, I have checked my online banking and found out that the CIO sydney Nova Scotia took $550 for my fee in applying PR/FSW in my credit card last October 28 2010.
As for now, I am waiting of any letter by chances coming from CIO or Buffalo for what will be next move I have to make.

Question 1: Once the CIO took any form of payment from an applicant under FSW,is that guaranteed that your papers are in process for PR here in canada? and guaranteed for a PR staus?
Q2 : What do you think Is the next move I have to Do?
Q3 : How many days or months do I have to wait?
Since my work permit will expire this coming January 2011, I did apply to change my condition and extend my stay as a worker last DEC.5,2010
Q4 : Is applying for both status will ruin any application?
Q5 : nor neither one of them will be refused?
thanks much hope you reply me..
Hi, I am not the best person to answer you these questions, however, one thing is unclear here, that is, whether you are in Canada already and applying for PR under FSW, if yes, then you are a temporary worker and have done one year of full time work under one of 29 occupations required by MI.
Q1. Your application is being reviewed at the moment and the fee you paid was for application processing fee and it doesnt gurantee anything.
Q.2: You do not have to do anything for now, just wait for AOR from CIO
Q.3: Not that long. you should hear from CIO soon.
Q4: No i dnt think so. If your temporary work permit is not extended and if you are still eligible for FSW processing, your applicaion may be transfered to your local CHC.
Anyone who has applied within Canada may be able to answer you better.
Ice cube

aran

Star Member
May 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with 2nd stage docs
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
04-02-2012
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
29-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2012
LANDED..........
13-01-2013
Ice Cube said:
Hi Aran,
I sent my full documents to Visa office on March 12th and got my second AOR on March 18th and ecase was updated to In Process on March 22nd. Did your second AOR mention any time period of application processing?

Good luck
Ice cube
Thanks Ice Cube,

They didn't mentions the exact processing period. But said the below
"At the present time there is a queue of applications in this category. We regret the delay but will contact you if we require more information or an interview."

Also they asked me to check the processing timeline in CIC website.

Thanks,
Aran

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Ice Cube said:
Hey guys,

Ice cube
Wow my friend. That's some great news to hear. Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!