+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants awaiting for PR decision over 23 months

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
With my “luck” not even sure that I’ll be included in this 45000 :/ :/ :/
Canada is will likely to communicate with UNHCR and identify a certain profile of refugee that they would like to resettle. In the past Canada has focused on women, high medical needs, younger families, etc. They will also likely increase the number of private refugee sponsorships approved becahse these resettlement tend to be very successful. There is also an initiative to tap into resettlement of refugees based on identified skills that are needed in Canada. For example many of the Syrian and Venezuelan refugees have come from countries where there was a good education and training system but many refugees do not qualify for economic immigration for various reasons like work history is not recent, they may not have the money necessary to apply for PR or the settlement funds, etc.

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
FYI: I got the answer from Mr. Mendicino's office today,

Dear XXX YYY,

Thank you for your correspondence of June 7, 2021, addressed to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, regarding your application for permanent residence.

I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) understands that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way.

IRCC is currently prioritizing certain applications, including for Canadians trying to return to Canada, for vulnerable persons, for workers who perform or support essential services.

The processing times listed on IRCC’s Website are published to give applicants a general idea of how long an application process may take. These times are estimates, not guarantees, based on how long the Department expects most applications to take under normal circumstances.

While the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic have had an effect on the Department’s operations and ability to respond to clients and process applications, please be assured that all existing and new applications will continue to be processed but may experience processing delays. Unfortunately, finalizing applications may take longer than usual during this time.

Maintaining the integrity of Canada’s immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet program eligibility requirements, as well as statutory medical, criminality, and security background clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians, and must be satisfied before a permanent resident visa can be issued.

In this respect, IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays that may occur as IRCC’s partner agencies conduct the background checks are something over which the Department has no control.

IRCC records confirm that your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, and is currently pending the completion of background checks. Once the results of the background checks have been received and reviewed, officials will be in a position to proceed with the next steps in processing.

While I cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted if additional information or documentation is required or once a final decision has been made.

Any information in support of an application should be shared directly with the processing office, or by contacting IRCC through existing service channels.

I regret that a more favourable response cannot be provided at this time.

Sincerely,

F. Macmillan

Ministerial Enquiries Division

• Angry
Reactions: ipaykwai and mimika

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
FYI: I got the answer from Mr. Mendicino's office today,

Dear XXX YYY,

Thank you for your correspondence of June 7, 2021, addressed to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, regarding your application for permanent residence.

I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) understands that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way.

IRCC is currently prioritizing certain applications, including for Canadians trying to return to Canada, for vulnerable persons, for workers who perform or support essential services.

The processing times listed on IRCC’s Website are published to give applicants a general idea of how long an application process may take. These times are estimates, not guarantees, based on how long the Department expects most applications to take under normal circumstances.

While the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic have had an effect on the Department’s operations and ability to respond to clients and process applications, please be assured that all existing and new applications will continue to be processed but may experience processing delays. Unfortunately, finalizing applications may take longer than usual during this time.

Maintaining the integrity of Canada’s immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet program eligibility requirements, as well as statutory medical, criminality, and security background clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians, and must be satisfied before a permanent resident visa can be issued.

In this respect, IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays that may occur as IRCC’s partner agencies conduct the background checks are something over which the Department has no control.

IRCC records confirm that your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, and is currently pending the completion of background checks. Once the results of the background checks have been received and reviewed, officials will be in a position to proceed with the next steps in processing.

While I cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted if additional information or documentation is required or once a final decision has been made.

Any information in support of an application should be shared directly with the processing office, or by contacting IRCC through existing service channels.

I regret that a more favourable response cannot be provided at this time.

Sincerely,

F. Macmillan

Ministerial Enquiries Division
Not funny at all, but seems like they also just checked your application status in CAS and prepared a long letter pretending that they care.
Such a bs..
Very sad to read, that people waiting for decisions over 2 years under different immigration streams are not in priority.
I wish everyone to get their decisions soon

Reactions: mikeYYC

Madeit7

May 9, 2021
Got my invitation for PR portal on Friday. And New credentials for PR Confirmation Portal on Monday 5:30pm but only found out today in my Junk mail. So anyone waiting you might want to check your junk or spam email

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
how come your file is not urgent ?!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!! Did they tell you what are the eligibility requirements to fall under
'urgent category'? :/ :/ :/
Almost all applications are not urgent. There would have to prove that it is a life or death situation to be urgent or you would need to prove that you needed PR to get hired at a certain job.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have read petition and I support your idea. However, UNHCR shouldn't be in the loop and Immigration critics from the Oppositional Wing should be looped in. While im not in this situation, but I can understand frustration with family separation for over 2yrs, plus renewal of work permit and all other renewal that comes along being with short duration work permit until you become PR. I may be wrong, but inland applicant through this stream have undergone some verification and they are waived with some requirements, then waiting 2 years of hearing plus another years of COPR can be stressful.

I suppose you are not asking shuffling resources to expediting process for protected class, as delay with the federal agencies is almost everywhere, but why not recruiting additional resources to reduce delay. if they could achieve all "legacy claims", I suppose this is also possible, but seems it is not a priority
This is a temporary situation. Hiring resources requires more funds. It would likely be 6 months to hire and train staff because there is a certain procedure to hire gvt employees.

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
My CAS shows DECISION MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but no updates in Gckey
omggggggggggggg
Congrats Mimika. It happened to me exactly a week ago but so far no email and no change in gc key. It took 4 weeks for a friend of mine to get an email, but when he did, he was asked to sent photo to local office (Niagara Falls) by mail. Then he got his PR card in a week. It was a month ago.