+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants awaiting for PR decision over 23 months

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Hi guys, I decided to create a separate Thread for this topic.
I know that there are few applicants waiting for their DM over 23 months already. Some of us even don't have their security started, some applicants have passed everything but still waiting for the decision.. Its hard. Many of us haven't seen families for many years, some applicants can't get their professional licences, get certain jobs or just simply tired of this painful wait.
Calling MP or call center, submitting webform letters, ordering GCMS notes don't make any sense..
I want to gather all applicants that are waiting for over 22-23 months already and whose bar has already reached 100%, and prepare a collective letter to the Minister of Immigration, Prime Minister's office, and maybe for Immigration news portal. I feel that it is the only one way to be heard. At least a minor chance to be heard.
Please post here who is waiting since March 2019. Once we'll see how many of us are here, I'll prepare a draft of the letter, and we will send it to the government.

I really hope it will work for us

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
@Khan5696 is also with us, he messaged that he is down for that with us.

Let's wait for couple of days to see how many of us there are. During the weekend I'll prepare a letter and will share in Google docs with password, so everyone can add their names, date of applying and application #

Reactions: mikeYYC

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
Hi Mimika, I’m July 2019. Still security in the process. Nothing else is done. Let me know how I can help you.

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
June 2019 applicant. Bar reached 100% in May 2021. Security in progress. Overseas spouse has not been asked to submit application.

• Sad

twadhi

Apr 23, 2021
June 2019 applicant.
All assessments completed since April 2021
I reached out to my MP and this is the IRRC response.
Basically waiting for an officer to take a look and finalize it. So frustrated, I have been trying to buy an apartment since last years but in BC u have to pay 20% fees if u are not a PR or citizen :(

The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on June 28, 2019.
The initial assessment to ensure the application is complete was finalized on November 8, 2019.
The assessment to determine if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements was finalized on December 30, 2020.
The medical examination results are currently valid.
The criminality verifications are currently valid.
The security verifications are currently valid.
The application is currently in queue for final review and decision by an officer. While we understand that this is an important matter for the applicant, we are currently unable to provide a timeframe for finalization of the application.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact the applicant directly, if anything further is required.
The bring forward (BF) date on file is July 2, 2021. However, please keep in mind that it is often subject to change, and that it is not a reliable indicator nor an accurate way to monitor the progression of a file; as it does not reflect the actual processing time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The progress bar isn't actually tied to your case or even current processing times. It is a visual representation of average processing times (likely pre-covid) to prevent people calling as regularly as they were. Given that there are so many applications waiting for processing it seems to be just average processing time at the moment. This was a common processing time a few years ago, got faster for a while but then covid slowed things down. There are so many applications for PR that have been delayed you can write a petition but expect that you will be told that due to covid there has been delays in processing.

Reactions: imadeddin

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
The progress bar isn't actually tied to your case or even current processing times. It is a visual representation of average processing times (likely pre-covid) to prevent people calling as regularly as they were. Given that there are so many applications waiting for processing it seems to be just average processing time at the moment. This was a common processing time a few years ago, got faster for a while but then covid slowed things down. There are so many applications for PR that have been delayed you can write a petition but expect that you will be told that due to covid there has been delays in processing.
there is some truth in that for sure but still even during covid most of the applications are being processed within 1,5 years :/

Madeit7

May 9, 2021
Okay what about applications from 2020. According to some threads on this forum applicants from late 2019 and early 2020 have received DM and COPR. Thats where the problem is.

Reactions: Tamiou

vipush

May 27, 2020

Let's wait for couple of days to see how many of us there are. During the weekend I'll prepare a letter and will share in Google docs with password, so everyone can add their names, date of applying and application #
I am May 1st 2019. Still waiting. I have a dependent outside Canada.

Reactions: Khan5696

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Okay what about applications from 2020. According to some threads on this forum applicants from late 2019 and early 2020 have received DM and COPR. Thats where the problem is.
There is no problems that people from late 19th and 2020 get their DMs.. that’s normal and that’s how ircc should work with ALL applications and process them in a reasonable timeframe. 24 months+ is not a reasonable timeframe especially for people with strong H&C grounds (if if HC consideration was not required) and for applicants that have all their assessments done but just waiting for a decision to be made for months :/
I’m very glad that there so many responsive members of this forum :) let’s fight together :) tomorrow I’ll share here with a letter in google docs

• Love
Reactions: mikeYYC and twadhi

kay-lee

Apr 8, 2021
June Applicant here, security has not started , my bar reached 100percent last month. Its just so frustrating to see people who applied in 2020 getting DM and COPR. What even makes me more annoying is because applicants who applied for the Pathway to permanent residency through exceptional service during COVID-19 pandemic get the whole PR process done in 4-5 months i.e. from application to copr. The question now is why does ours take over 2 years to process..

Reactions: Smartzz and Tamiou
Jun 1, 2021

Hi All i just wanted to know since there is a delay in processing because of the Covid 19 what if the applicants initial visa gets expired will that be a problem.

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Hi Guys.
16 May 2019
Only Criminality in pogress since october 2019
hear from them since february 2020
Nothig passed
Sent many Webform,same automatic answer :Covid bla ba bla
MP called they said my file is not urgent
Sent a letter to Mendicino they said i have to wait due to Covid bla bla bla

Bar reach 100% since 16 of April,i am on my 25th month and only Criminality in progress.