AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
phemdorc said:
Hi everyone,
I have read several comforting comments on this forum. Thank you all.
Please, i am a bit worried.
My application was received by CIO office on September 29. I got PER on Jan 7th.
Ever since, no further correspondence.
Is anyone in the house who shares the same timeline or October applicant under the PhD stream that has already received MR?
Just want to know if i am the only September applicant in the dark.
Thank you
Same here, Sept 25th applicant, no MR yet. Welcome to the club

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
AminOmrani said:
Hello Guys;

I need your help please. Any advice would be truly appreciated.

I received MD this morning. Two hours later, I received a second email asking for some additional documents, including $11,824 6 months bank statement. The issue is, since I was rejected twice on the same class before, I have not kept my saving in the bank, and all is invested somewhere else. However, I might be able to borrow some money for a week or so and make a one-day statement. Also I am working full time right now after graduation with a pretty decent income.

Now my question is: is it a good idea to discuss the same matter with the officer and try to convince him/her? Does anyone have a better reasoning in mind for this matter? Would this be satisfying? and finally, do I have to wait till hear their response with this regards and then do the medical tests, or should I proceed with that right away?

Truly appreciate all your thoughts on this matter.
Considering ur critical financial situation, I should say you better not to borrow money and provide the statement. This will definitely put you in more trouble because they will ask you for 6 months statement. If you can not provide them a convincing reason where those chunk of money came from your application will be rejected right way. I have seen this many cases. For you it will be the best option to convince them with proper documentation that you have full time (I am hoping its not contractual job) job, provide a letter from your employer with your annual income. I think this would be your best choice. Also try to resolve this problem first before going for Medical examination coz u don't want to waste ur money in this way right?
Good luck

AWO1

Feb 24, 2015
AminOmrani said:
Hello Guys;

I received MD this morning. Two hours later, I received a second email asking for some additional documents, including $11,824 6 months bank statement. The issue is, since I was rejected twice on the same class before, I have not kept my saving in the bank, and all is invested somewhere else. However, I might be able to borrow some money for a week or so and make a one-day statement. Also I am working full time right now after graduation with a pretty decent income.

Now my question is: is it a good idea to discuss the same matter with the officer and try to convince him/her? Does anyone have a better reasoning in mind for this matter? Would this be satisfying? and finally, do I have to wait till hear their response with this regards and then do the medical tests, or should I proceed with that right away?

Did you submit your bank statement with your application?

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
Hi AminOmrani

Would you please share your timeline?

AminOmrani said:
Hello Guys;

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am very sorry to hear that. Your PR card should be in the mailbox already as I got mine last week (I landed Jan 28)

If you have a dependent, you may want to check the status of your PR card application. How? Go to this link and choose Permanent Resident Card

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

Then write the UCI number and personal information of your dependent. Please note that Principal Applicant cannot check the status of their PR card application, only dependent can do this.

if your PR card has already been mailed you will see the status of your PR card application as COMPLETE and the following lines after clicking on COMPLETE:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on (date of landing).

We started processing your application on XXXXXXXXXXX.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on XXXXXXXXXXXX. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on XXXXXXXXXX.

I hope you can return to Canada very soon!

ichina said:
when do I expect to receive the PR card after landing?

After landing on Jan 29th, I rushed back to China due to a family emergency. The airline service refused to process my boarding passes on the returning flight because I only have the confirmation letter but not an actual PR card. I am stuck.

Two options available.
1. applying for the traveling document in Beijing. The processing time is uncertain. Anyone has any information on this?
2. wait until the card arrives at my canadian address and ask a friend to express it to me. But I have no idea how long this will take.

I am struggling with these two options, needless to mention all the hassle and costs in changing my flight tickets and traveling plan.

I need help from our community.

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
pepe84 said:
I am very sorry to hear that. Your PR card should be in the mailbox already as I got mine last week (I landed Jan 28)

If you have a dependent, you may want to check the status of your PR card application. How? Go to this link and choose Permanent Resident Card

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

Then write the UCI number and personal information of your dependent. Please note that Principal Applicant cannot check the status of their PR card application, only dependent can do this.

if your PR card has already been mailed you will see the status of your PR card application as COMPLETE and the following lines after clicking on COMPLETE:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on (date of landing).

We started processing your application on XXXXXXXXXXX.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on XXXXXXXXXXXX. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on XXXXXXXXXX.

I hope you can return to Canada very soon!
+1 for u Pepe, i think thats a very useful information for all of us specially who already got the PPR or waiting for PPR and planning for landing.

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
Hi Guys, I got 41 PAGES :) GCMS today which was requested a month ago. I can see some activities going on there. I sent some updated forms to CPC, which is mentioned in a letter. It means they received and more likely updated (I am not sure). I can also see some background check information. They did RCMP screening and coated NRT (it means clear). They also did the biographic test with partner USA. It is also clear.

I have not received MR and any request of additional documents. I submitted all required Police Reports with my application.

Here is my question: Does this mean that they are doing all security check before they actually send MR? What are the most likely steps? Did CPC do my assessment review or they accepted one done from CIO? I got 76 points based on CIO's assessment. There are two assessments. One is created and updated in a week but the other one is created and updated right away (within 1 minutes).

What are the more likely steps for someone who did not receive MR?

Thanks.

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
richard1234 said:
Hi Guys, I got 41 PAGES :) GCMS today which was requested a month ago. I can see some activities going on there. I sent some updated forms to CPC, which is mentioned in a letter. It means they received and more likely updated (I am not sure). I can also see some background check information. They did RCMP screening and coated NRT (it means clear). They also did the biographic test with partner USA. It is also clear.

I have not received MR and any request of additional documents. I submitted all required Police Reports with my application.

Here is my question: Does this mean that they are doing all security check before they actually send MR? What are the most likely steps? Did CPC do my assessment review or they accepted one done from CIO? I got 76 points based on CIO's assessment. There are two assessments. One is created and updated in a week but the other one is created and updated right away (within 1 minutes).

Thanks.
U should check the Notes section at the bottom of the report, the very first one is the most updated note. If this note recommend that you have passed the eligibility (or recommend passed) and refer you for MR then u will get the MR. But if you don' t see anything like that that means U still need to wait for a review by an officer who will make a decision on ur eligibility.

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
Hi guys,

I have landed today at Point Roberts. All went well.
Everything was done by officer. We just needed to sign couple of times. That's it.
Best of luck to all of you.

Cheers.

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
Adamant said:
U should check the Notes section at the bottom of the report, the very first one is the most updated note. If this note recommend that you have passed the eligibility (or recommend passed) and refer you for MR then u will get the MR. But if you don' t see anything like that that means U still need to wait for a review by an officer who will make a decision on ur eligibility.
At the end, there are four notes.
Note 1: Text: It's a long text mentioned everything is OK: Criteria MET.
Office: CIO
I only see this information. But I wonder why did they do background check before they do assessment check if they do?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats bro! Now check the status of your PR card application by using your dependent information.

darkknight1 said:
Hi guys,

I have landed today at Point Roberts. All went well.
Everything was done by officer. We just needed to sign couple of times. That's it.
Best of luck to all of you.

Cheers.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks bro, it only applies to applicants in Canada. If you are overseas, the PA can certainly check the status of their PR card application online.

Best luck to everyone.

Adamant said:
+1 for u Pepe, i think thats a very useful information for all of us specially who already got the PPR or waiting for PPR and planning for landing.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks bro, it only applies to applicants in Canada. If you are overseas, the PA can certainly check the status of their PR card application online.

Best luck to everyone.

Hi Pepe

You know any one get PPR these days? Thanks

feixianhu

Jul 4, 2014
Hey Could you tell me how to order the GCMS notes? I know it might be somewhere in this thread but it's really hard to go through all the pages. Thanks a lot.
Sept. applicant still waiting for MR... :'( :'( :'(

richard1234 said:

Thanks.

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
The following information had been provided by PEPE before.

"https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

- Department: Citizenship and Immigration

- Individual currently living in Canada

- Your personal info

- Are you requesting information on your own behalf? YES

- Select the category that best describes you. ACADEMIA for PhD students

- How would you prefer to receive the requested records? electronic copy

Then:
Choose it under privacy act and choose case file of your permanent residency application. Then also choose to receive it by email (not CD). From the pdf GCMS note, you will find your application details and all corresponding entries/comments inserted by the visa officers. From their comments, you can observe whether the visa officers have found any fault or incompleteness in any of your documents. You can send them updated documents accordingly. Good luck."

feixianhu said:
Hey Could you tell me how to order the GCMS notes? I know it might be somewhere in this thread but it's really hard to go through all the pages. Thanks a lot.
Sept. applicant still waiting for MR... :'( :'( :'(