+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
pepe84 said:
I am very sorry to hear that. Your PR card should be in the mailbox already as I got mine last week (I landed Jan 28)

If you have a dependent, you may want to check the status of your PR card application. How? Go to this link and choose Permanent Resident Card

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

Then write the UCI number and personal information of your dependent. Please note that Principal Applicant cannot check the status of their PR card application, only dependent can do this.

if your PR card has already been mailed you will see the status of your PR card application as COMPLETE and the following lines after clicking on COMPLETE:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on (date of landing).

We started processing your application on XXXXXXXXXXX.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on XXXXXXXXXXXX. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on XXXXXXXXXX.

I hope you can return to Canada very soon!
Thanks PEPE! Great information. I called the CIC last night and learned that my PR card has been mailed out on 11th. It should arrive anytime these days. Hopefully, there will be sufficient time for my friend to express it to me before my flight.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
darkknight1 said:
Hi guys,

I have landed today at Point Roberts. All went well.
Everything was done by officer. We just needed to sign couple of times. That's it.
Best of luck to all of you.

Cheers.
Congrats and +1 to you.

feixianhu

Jul 4, 2014
Thanks a lot PhD2014
Just ordered it. ;D ;D

PhD2014 said:
The following information had been provided by PEPE before.

"https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

- Department: Citizenship and Immigration

- Individual currently living in Canada

- Your personal info

- Are you requesting information on your own behalf? YES

- Select the category that best describes you. ACADEMIA for PhD students

- How would you prefer to receive the requested records? electronic copy

Then:
Choose it under privacy act and choose case file of your permanent residency application. Then also choose to receive it by email (not CD). From the pdf GCMS note, you will find your application details and all corresponding entries/comments inserted by the visa officers. From their comments, you can observe whether the visa officers have found any fault or incompleteness in any of your documents. You can send them updated documents accordingly. Good luck."

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
Friends,

I am a Dec applicant, mine received Dec 3rd, no CC charge. I just called CIC, a nice lady asked for my info, and found no result in their system. She told me she will send an email to Sydney and ask about my application.
I asked if the 500 cap for PhD stream is reached, she told there are other caps that been reached, but there is no info on the system for PhD cap.

Since there are Dec applicants who called and been told that their application was returned because the cap is reached, most probably the cap is reached. But it seems we cannot figure out what time it reached, or CIC works too randomly.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
s-r-z said:
Friends,

I am a Dec applicant, mine received Dec 3rd, no CC charge. I just called CIC, a nice lady asked for my info, and found no result in their system. She told me she will send an email to Sydney and ask about my application.
I asked if the 500 cap for PhD stream is reached, she told there are other caps that been reached, but there is no info on the system for PhD cap.

Since there are Dec applicants who called and been told that their application was returned because the cap is reached, most probably the cap is reached. But it seems we cannot figure out what time it reached, or CIC works too randomly.
Based on the information provided on another thread(PhD December applicants thread), it seems that cap was reached on December 8th.

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
What happened at the CPC-Ottawa?

No update in the past 2 weeks!!!! :'( :'( :'(
Do you have any idea what is this delay for?

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
There seems to be a delay in processing PR cards. Judging from some past comments here, I'm not the only one waiting. I landed on Feb. 4th of this year and I am yet to receive my PR Card. I just called CIC customer care (1 888-242-2100) and after a few verification questions, I was told mine was just approved 2 days ago (March 17) and I should be expecting it any time soon. Some of you here might find this info useful. Cheers and all the best to all those still stuck in one stage or the other of the PR process. Your time will come. Keep faith alive!

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
PhD2014 said:

They are working on other FSW applicants, but have no idea about what happened to our PhD Stream :'(

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
Viva2014 said:
Based on the information provided on another thread(PhD December applicants thread), it seems that cap was reached on December 8th.
Dec 1st was the latest CC charge, and Dec 8th (to our knowledge) is the earliest application returned because cap reached. That means sometimes between Dec 1st to Dec 8th, we still don't know for sure.

TonyLiuUT

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BJ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
PhD2014 said:

What happened? They are fucked up by the new EE system----new rules, new training, new students and temp workers as Visa officers. As I was told by an immigration lawyer, the CIC is focusing on the new system and try to get some accomplishment due to the political reason, you know what I am talking about, right?

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
TonyLiuUT said:
What happened? They are *censored word*ed up by the new EE system----new rules, new training, new students and temp workers as Visa officers. As I was told by an immigration lawyer, the CIC is focusing on the new system and try to get some accomplishment due to the political reason, you know what I am talking about, right?
In the other thread, CPC-ottawa people are amazed by how fast Ottawa is working these days. They are getting their MR and PPR. It was funny and sad at the same time that we in this thread feeling the exact opposite. No one knows what they really are doing and we can do nothing about it except being patient my friends (and this sucks I know).

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
farahnz said:
In the other thread, CPC-ottawa people are amazed by how fast Ottawa is working these days. They are getting their MR and PPR. It was funny and sad at the same time that we in this thread feeling the exact opposite. No one knows what they really are doing and we can do nothing about it except being patient my friends (and this sucks I know).
I think they are doing background check before sending MR. This is what I see from my GCMS report. If anyone received GCMS report recently, please share what they are doing.

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
richard1234 said:
I think they are doing background check before sending MR. This is what I see from my GCMS report. If anyone received GCMS report recently, please share what they are doing.
How can u know CIC is checking background? Would u like to share related original contents on ur GCMS notes? Thanks....

kamranj

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
17-04-2015
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
Med's Request
18-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015 Third Line Update: 29-04-2015
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-07-2015
richard1234 said:
I don't think so. My notes show that my application was not even assigned to any officer until mid February. It's current location is FSW-REG.

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
richard1234 said:
If they are doing background check prior to MR, it should be for all applicants, why other NOC applicants are getting MR and not us?