28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
perfection_88 said:
Can you provide the link/source for that news?
Check this out... http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-applicants-from-phd-stream-2014-december-network-here-t269955.0.html

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
It seems they do nothing these days at CPC OTTAWA. :'( :'( :'(

richard1234 said:
First week of October applicants are desperately waiting for correspondence from CIC. When time comes?

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
when do I expect to receive the PR card after landing?

After landing on Jan 29th, I rushed back to China due to a family emergency. The airline service refused to process my boarding passes on the returning flight because I only have the confirmation letter but not an actual PR card. I am stuck.

Two options available.
1. applying for the traveling document in Beijing. The processing time is uncertain. Anyone has any information on this?
2. wait until the card arrives at my canadian address and ask a friend to express it to me. But I have no idea how long this will take.

I am struggling with these two options, needless to mention all the hassle and costs in changing my flight tickets and traveling plan.

I need help from our community.

pg123

Aug 12, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-01-2015
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
21-12-2014 (we started... 30/12/2014)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2015 (DM 09/04/2014)
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
ichina said:

After landing on Jan 29th, I rushed back to China due to a family emergency. The airline service refused to process my boarding passes on the returning flight because I only have the confirmation letter but not an actual PR card. I am stuck.

Two options available.
1. applying for the traveling document in Beijing. The processing time is uncertain. Anyone has any information on this?
2. wait until the card arrives at my canadian address and ask a friend to express it to me. But I have no idea how long this will take.

I am struggling with these two options, needless to mention all the hassle and costs in changing my flight tickets and traveling plan.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

You can get travel document from nearest VO in ur country....

Please DO NOT travel without PR card or Travel document..... I saw one post in this forum, where once one person did travel from us to canada without that successfully and posted in here..... it does not mean that all of us can blindly follow that...

Gud luck...

RAP_PhD

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25-03-2015 (RCMP Fingerprint)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-05-2015
I have applied visa for Canada in Beijing (twice). Three days processing time in my cases. If you have all the documents proving your status in Canada, I think it should be very fast.

ichina said:

Two options available.

phemdorc

Dec 31, 2014
Hi everyone,
I have read several comforting comments on this forum. Thank you all.
Please, i am a bit worried.
My application was received by CIO office on September 29. I got PER on Jan 7th.
Ever since, no further correspondence.
Is anyone in the house who shares the same timeline or October applicant under the PhD stream that has already received MR?
Just want to know if i am the only September applicant in the dark.
Thank you

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
I can now confirm that this information is correct. I called them myself this morning. And they said my application has been returned due to cap being reached.

Adamant said:
That would be very sad indeed if that true. I hope the information is not correct.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
phemdorc said:
Hi everyone,
I have read several comforting comments on this forum. Thank you all.
Please, i am a bit worried.
My application was received by CIO office on September 29. I got PER on Jan 7th.
Ever since, no further correspondence.
Is anyone in the house who shares the same timeline or October applicant under the PhD stream that has already received MR?
Just want to know if i am the only September applicant in the dark.
Thank you
Don't worry. There are applicants from September waiting for MR.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
zedd4x said:
I can now confirm that this information is correct. I called them myself this morning. And they said my application has been returned due to cap being reached.
So sorry to hear that. I don't see the reason why they kept the applications for such a long time.

Wish you and other December applicants good luck in EE and/or PNP.

enghope

Dec 19, 2014
Now I just need to know if I applied initially on 29/09 and application was returned to complete documents which I did and sent back reached CIC 23/12 with all other forms signed from September so will they return for cap reached on December. Please help!!???!

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
enghope said:
Now I just need to know if I applied initially on 29/09 and application was returned to complete documents which I did and sent back reached CIC 23/12 with all other forms signed from September so will they return for cap reached on December. Please help!!???!
I believe they don't consider your application as being reached on 29/09. They will look at the latest date which is 23/12 AFAIK.

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Viva2014 said:
So sorry to hear that. I don't see the reason why they kept the applications for such a long time.

Wish you and other December applicants good luck in EE and/or PNP.
Yeah, me too. And thanks ! Yeah I think I will go down the PNP route in a few months after graduating.

phemdorc

Dec 31, 2014
enghope said:
The CIC work in a very funny and weird way.
If the application was returned without a file number created before they returned, it means the next time you send in the application, they consider it as a new application.
It is a painful experience but that is the way they work.
So yes, your application will be considered as new application in December and if the cap is already reached before it gets to them, i am sorry they will return it to you.

AminOmrani

Mar 12, 2015
Hello Guys;

I need your help please. Any advice would be truly appreciated.

I received MD this morning. Two hours later, I received a second email asking for some additional documents, including $11,824 6 months bank statement. The issue is, since I was rejected twice on the same class before, I have not kept my saving in the bank, and all is invested somewhere else. However, I might be able to borrow some money for a week or so and make a one-day statement. Also I am working full time right now after graduation with a pretty decent income.

Now my question is: is it a good idea to discuss the same matter with the officer and try to convince him/her? Does anyone have a better reasoning in mind for this matter? Would this be satisfying? and finally, do I have to wait till hear their response with this regards and then do the medical tests, or should I proceed with that right away?

Truly appreciate all your thoughts on this matter.

feixianhu

Jul 4, 2014
Hey can you share your timeline? are you also in PHD stream?
The senior members will have suggestion for your question.

AminOmrani said:
Hello Guys;

I need your help please. Any advice would be truly appreciated.

I received MD this morning. Two hours later, I received a second email asking for some additional documents, including $11,824 6 months bank statement. The issue is, since I was rejected twice on the same class before, I have not kept my saving in the bank, and all is invested somewhere else. However, I might be able to borrow some money for a week or so and make a one-day statement. Also I am working full time right now after graduation with a pretty decent income.

Now my question is: is it a good idea to discuss the same matter with the officer and try to convince him/her? Does anyone have a better reasoning in mind for this matter? Would this be satisfying? and finally, do I have to wait till hear their response with this regards and then do the medical tests, or should I proceed with that right away?

Truly appreciate all your thoughts on this matter.