+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

BassemVic

Feb 28, 2015
Hi all,
My name is Bassem and I am new to this thread..
I am almost done with my PhD, I will defend my thesis at mid march..
I was first thinking about returning to my home country after getting my PhD, however, now I changed my mind and I decided to apply for PR..
When I checked the CIC website I noticed that the rules have changed, and I am very confused :( Can anyone help me and let me know the current requirements for a recent PhD holder and if there is a specific PhD stream or I have to apply as Canadian experience stream?

Thanks in advance
Bassem

lilcc

Feb 22, 2015
I tried calling CIC call centre several times without success. My call was never put through. Also, the automated system asked me for my application number. I don't even know what that is...

DEC14 said:
Indeed we don't have any choice....But why PhD applicants are not charged after 1st week of December.....at the same time, December 1st PhD applicant already got PER...What may be the reason...??!!....

Hey LiLcc... Did u try calling CIC? Please share if any information from their side....
Thank you.

PhD Applicant FSW

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
24-04-2015, 05-05-2015
Nomination.....
09-02-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application; RPRF: 05-05-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015; Uploaded: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Third Line 02-06-2015; Decision Made: 22-06-2015
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015 Received: 09-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-07-2015
Hi Bassem, No need to get confused, you are in right place. I know that there are some nicest individuals (To name a few: Pepe, Black rock, Dark diamond, Adamant) in this forum who can provide you with expert advise on your situation. I know that Ontario government can sponsor you after you complete or about to complete provided you provide relevant document. I suggest you to look for requirements if you live in Ontario or else check with your provincial government where you reside currently. If you can provide little bit more details about you, People here can provide you some hints. Good Luck!

Cheers!!

BassemVic said:
Hi all,
I was first thinking about returning to my home country after getting my PhD, however, now I changed my mind and I decided to apply for PR..
When I checked the CIC website I noticed that the rules have changed, and I am very confused :( Can anyone help me and let me know the current requirements for a recent PhD holder and if there is a specific PhD stream or I have to apply as Canadian experience stream?

Thanks in advance
Bassem

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
BassemVic said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
Bassem
The federal skilled worker class no longer has a separate stream for PhD students/graduands. However, three options are open to them. I would recommend pursuing the first two, concurrently:

1. Apply to the federal skilled worker class via the new system (called "Express Entry") if you meet the minimum requirements and pass the selection mark of 67/100. Provided that you have excellent English proficiency, which I am sure you do, this would mainly mean having continuously worked for a minimum of 1 year full time (or an equivalent period in part time) in the past 10 years. If you are eligible to apply, you then need to make an online profile, which will assign you a score and enter you into the online pool of prospective applicants. If your score is competitive (depending on the other people in the pool with you), you will receive an invitation to apply. If not, you will remain in the pool until your profile expires (after one year of creating it).

2. Apply to be nominated by the provincial government. There are programs in all provinces for international doctoral graduands. Most provinces ask you to provide a job offer. Ontario and BC do not have this requirement. Google "PNP {name of your province} international phd" to find more information. Once you are nominated by a province, you should still apply to the federal government, but the difference is your chances become almost 100%. If you already have an Express Entry profile when you receive this provincial nomination, your score jumps substantially and you receive an invitation to apply in the next available draw.

3. Stay in Canada and work with your post-graduate work permit. After one year of full-time work, you may apply under the Canadian Experience Class. However, this is similar to the 1st option, in the sense that you need to first apply online and wait to see if you receive an invitation.

ganukumar

Dec 23, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2014
Doc's Request.
06-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2014
IELTS Request
submitted along with application
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
LANDED..........
Already in canada
mina3000 said:
Hello all

For those who are landed. Did the officer give you the CPR with photo or without photo?
and is it stamped?
Without photo with stamped on it.

DEC14

Jan 14, 2015
NS
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-04-2017
lilcc said:
I tried calling CIC call centre several times without success. My call was never put through. Also, the automated system asked me for my application number. I don't even know what that is...
Yeah...i tried too but i could not able to reach any agents!!! There might be some way!!! ????

Have you sent any Email to CIC....??!!
--------

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One CoPR says "CIC copy" and that one has your photo on it. This CoPR cannot be given to you because this is the copy that will be sent to Sydney NS to issue your PR card. If the officer sends the other copy without photo ("client copy") and gives you the CIC copy to you, you will never receive the PR card because Case Processing Center in Sydney needs your photo to scan it and print it on your PR Card. Make sure you never take home the CIC Copy with you upon landing

ganukumar said:
Without photo with stamped on it.

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
lilcc said:
when you are asked about application number, press #.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
enghope said:
Please any one know if PhD stream has capped or not
It's weird. I remember for those who applied and residing in Canada, they got their application back either for Cap fullness or for incompleteness within 2 months. It doesn't make sense to keep applications which will not be processed. On the other hand, we can see that late December applicants with different NOC have already got charged.
To me, you will be in Cap. But, why don't you contact Sydney? Please send an email to them and ask for any update. Even, you may ask to see how close NOC 4012 is to its cap.
I remember one December applicant got response from Sydney indicating his/her application is in queue for processing which means that cap has not been filled yet.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
BassemVic said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
Bassem
My best advice for you is to find a job first. Apply for post graduate work permit and apply for job. Then you will have a work experience and can easily apply for immigration.
As soon as you find a job, there are different ways for you to apply: for example Canadian experience or even skilled worker class.

noc4012NOV2014

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
16-02-2015
Med's Request
24-04-2015; second line 23-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-04-2015;uploaded 07-05-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
first time 27May, second time10June, DM 30May
VISA ISSUED...
12June2015, passport arrives CPC-O
Hi pros,
I have a question regarding MR. I have got PER and waiting for updates....Can I do the medical exam before getting the notice? I am living in Edmonton and I heard the schedule of local authorized clinics is really tight. Thanks for any advice.

enamul

Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
(PER) 09-02-2015
Med's Request
27-04-2015
Med's Done....
01-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
Hi Guys,
I have a question about the expiry date of PCC. I submitted my application on Nov 18 without my spouse's PCC as we couldn't get it on time. However, just after few days we got that PCC where the issue date is Nov19.

Now my question is can we send this pcc to CPC-O, or this one is already expired? Should they count three months before the date of application submission (Nov 18) or three months before from the date they receive the PCC?

CIC website says "The certificate must be issued no more than three months before you apply."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp