Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
LANDED..........
Already in canada
OMG one more mistake in my COPR. instead of married they mentioned single.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Can you still land? Or you are planning to email Ottawa?

ganukumar said:
OMG one more mistake in my COPR. instead of married they mentioned single.

ganukumar

Dec 23, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2014
Doc's Request.
06-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2014
IELTS Request
submitted along with application
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
LANDED..........
Already in canada
pepe84 said:
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Can you still land? Or you are planning to email Ottawa?
I will still land and let immigration officer knows all the misakes. I think they can change it.

thwijoo

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
Doc's Request.
29/08/2014
Med's Request
29/08/2014
Med's Done....
10/09/2014
Passport Req..
9/1/2015
Got my passport back today. Going to land tonight. Will write my experience after coming back. Thank you all.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats bro! Have a safe landing!

thwijoo said:
Got my passport back today. Going to land tonight. Will write my experience after coming back. Thank you all.

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Ottawa accepted my intention to live outside Quebec :). Thank you everyone for your help, especially pepe84 (you are the man), formal_verification, mirzathegr8 and Dark_Diamond.

I provided the following:
1) Job offer from outide Quebec
2) Letter from my supervisor that I am expected to finish and finished all my course work
3) I travelled outside Quebec (to the intended city) - provided flight ticket confirmation - and that I participated in a workshop there.
4) A publication with the university that I intend to work at.
5) I did not provide a document for this but I said that I do not speak french (offcial teaching language at McGill in English) and I have never applied for CSQ (they can easily check for this if it is true or not).

Some other suggestions that I got or read but did not write in my explanation letter:
1) Show that you are already looking for apartments where you intend to live
2) Family outside Quebec
3) Bank account, properties outside Quebec
4) Emails that you are looking for jobs outside Quebec.

I hope this helps all the Quebec applicants.

I have a question, the acceptance was conditional: "However, please be aware that your visas will not be issued until you provide us with your new address outside the Province of Quebec. Once you move out, please provide us with evidence of your new residency in another province."

Did anyone receive something similar? and what can I provide as evidence? any suggestions please?

Thanks

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am very very happy for you. Check your PM! I already replied your message.

Hisham984 said:
Ottawa accepted my intention to live outside Quebec :). Thank you everyone for your help, especially pepe84 (you are the man), formal_verification, mirzathegr8 and Dark_Diamond.

2) Letter from my supervisor that I am expected to finish and finished all my course work
3) I travelled outside Quebec (to the intended city) - provided flight ticket confirmation - and that I participated in a workshop there.
5) I did not provide a document for this but I said that I do not speak french (offcial teaching language at McGill in English) and I have never applied for CSQ (they can easily check for this if it is true or not).

Some other suggestions that I got or read but did not write in my explanation letter:
2) Family outside Quebec

I have a question, the acceptance was conditional: "However, please be aware that your visas will not be issued until you provide us with your new address outside the Province of Quebec. Once you move out, please provide us with evidence of your new residency in another province."

Did anyone receive something similar? and what can I provide as evidence? any suggestions please?

Thanks

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
I forgot also to thank albait and chakri who helped at the beginning of my application.

Hisham984 said:

2) Family outside Quebec

Thanks

phdhai

Dec 8, 2014
Hi, Pepe, do you have any updated information about the tracking information? My tracking number is still inactivated.

pepe84 said:

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The tracking system went up again few minutes ago. It was down since noon (eastern time). Give it few hours for the next scan, also be advised that if any scan occured when the system was down, they may never show up in the system.

phdhai said:
Hi, Pepe, do you have any updated information about the tracking information? My tracking number is still inactivated.

phdhai

Dec 8, 2014
So frustrated. Our passports reached OTTAWA on the same day. Hopefully, we will receive our passport soon.

pepe84 said:
The tracking system went up again few minutes ago. It was down since noon (eastern time). Give it few hours for the next scan, also be advised that if any scan occured when the system was down, they may never show up in the system.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here, I can't sleep since Jan 15th, lol, remember I had serious issues with Canada Post when I had to send my PCC. Now they have my passports, :-X well actually they should still be with CPC. lol

phdhai said:
So frustrated. Our passports reached OTTAWA on the same day. Hopefully, we will receive our passport soon.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the borders with USA never close. I will do my landing immediatly after getting my passports back, no matter what time it is.

ichina said:
So we can do the landing 24/7?

ubcli

Nov 15, 2013
Hi everyone,

We received our passports on 21st of January, and landed on 22nd.

We decided to land at Peace Arch border as we already have US visas. We asked the officer about flag poling vs crossing the border and coming back. The US border officer said he could let us in if we want to, because we have valid visas, but there is no negative implications of refusal letter received during flag-poling. So, we ended up flag poling because we didn't want to spend extra time.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Best of luck to everyone