October 23, 2014
Passport Req..
January 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2015
LANDED..........
February 2, 2015
Hi guys,

I got my passport back yesterday.........

good luck to everyone...

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey ichina,

Did you not get your tracking activated yesterday? Your passport reached Ottawa on Jan 14 and mine reached there on Jan 15, so yours should come back first. I was expecting all Jan 14 passports to get activated by yesterday and all Jan 15 today. :(

ichina said:
Our passports will be back soon. Finger crossed.

ganukumar

Dec 23, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2014
Doc's Request.
06-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2014
IELTS Request
submitted along with application
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
LANDED..........
Already in canada
prapplicant13 said:
I read online and it seems other people with the same issue just went to the border to fix it. They mentioned the letter that comes with COPR did mention first name, last name, ... needs to be fixed before landing but not marital status. I don't have that letter here to check though. For me the original date of entry was not correct and the officer at the border said it is not a problem.

For your kid I suggest to use the same COPR but for sure mention that you have a dependent child who is a Canadian citizen. Don't forget to bring his document with you.
Thanks bro. I am cool now. I will do landing happily now. I will use the same COPR and will let IO knows about my son and will cary my sons passport.

shauser

Feb 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Med's Request
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
N/A, I'm German
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
I went flag poling yesterday in Pt Roberts, WA.
I drove across the border (to get cheap gas and pick up a package). I did not tell the US border person I was going to get my PR on the way back (mistake! because as you guys have been talking about one needs a piece of paper to prove that you were in the US... however it turned out not to be a problem because the border people were just super nice).
Crossing back into Canada, the guy told me that I usually need that paper, but that it's ok and they won't send me back and forth, so I should just come inside.
The thing with Point Roberts though is that since it is a Peninsula there is no other way crossing the border and getting into the US other than that one border. So, he knew that I crossed it for sure...
An officer inside took care of my case. She told me to double-check all the information on the CPR and then told me to wait. She typed some information into her computer for a while and then asked me only if I have ever been charged with crime, I said no and she had me put my intials and sign two print outs and went through the next steps with me with an information sheet for new PRs.
Everybody was really nice and it took about 10min with waiting etc.
I will get my PR card in about 4 weeks via mail and currently have my CPR stapled in my passport. My student visa was taken out. I'm gonna have to get a new SIN when I have my card.

I recommend going to Point Roberts for flag poling if you live close to Point Roberts. You can do it by foot or car.

pouyan_SASK

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-08-2014
AOR Received.
26-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
22-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Hey guys,
I got a document request:
Employment records: Detailed description of your employment since the year 2000. Please ensure there are NO GAPS. Include periods of study, travel and unemployment.
Is this common?? why are they asking for the information that they can already see in my submitted forms?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much for sharing this and many congratulations. I wonder if you can still get a SIN number with the CoPR and before your PR card arrives???? I think you can.....

shauser said:
I went flag poling yesterday in Pt Roberts, WA.
I drove across the border (to get cheap gas and pick up a package). I did not tell the US border person I was going to get my PR on the way back (mistake! because as you guys have been talking about one needs a piece of paper to prove that you were in the US... however it turned out not to be a problem because the border people were just super nice).
Crossing back into Canada, the guy told me that I usually need that paper, but that it's ok and they won't send me back and forth, so I should just come inside.
The thing with Point Roberts though is that since it is a Peninsula there is no other way crossing the border and getting into the US other than that one border. So, he knew that I crossed it for sure...
An officer inside took care of my case. She told me to double-check all the information on the CPR and then told me to wait. She typed some information into her computer for a while and then asked me only if I have ever been charged with crime, I said no and she had me put my intials and sign two print outs and went through the next steps with me with an information sheet for new PRs.
Everybody was really nice and it took about 10min with waiting etc.
I will get my PR card in about 4 weeks via mail and currently have my CPR stapled in my passport. My student visa was taken out. I'm gonna have to get a new SIN when I have my card.

I recommend going to Point Roberts for flag poling if you live close to Point Roberts. You can do it by foot or car.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Double check your forms and make sure you didn't leave any gaps. If you did, then provide them with your employment records. Was your application submitted in 2010? They usually ask for employment records for a period of 10 years before your application was submitted. So 2000 is a bit weird.

pouyan_SASK said:
Hey guys,
Employment records: Detailed description of your employment since the year 2000. Please ensure there are NO GAPS. Include periods of study, travel and unemployment.
Is this common?? why are they asking for the information that they can already see in my submitted forms?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing, and I don't have any hope for me today. Ouch Ottawa :mad:

xhiddenx said:
The tracking number of my passport return package has not been activated, and they received my passport Jan 14.

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
I just got mine at service Canada with signed COPR yesterday. They will ask for your passport and old social insurance # as well.
pepe84 said:
Thanks so much for sharing this and many congratulations. I wonder if you can still get a SIN number with the CoPR and before your PR card arrives???? I think you can.....

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pouyan_SASK said:
Hey guys,
They asked me for cv.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing this. I am still wondering if my return envelop will ever be scanned. Remember we had the same issue and yours was never scanned? Do you live in an apartment? Do you have mailbox?

prapplicant13 said:
I just got mine at service Canada with signed COPR yesterday. They will ask for your passport and old social insurance # as well.

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
Yep I remember Pepe. I leave in a house and there is a box for flyers and newspapers at the entrance but my mailbox is 1 minute walk from the house. It never got scanned in the way back and it was left at the flyers box not my mailbox. What about you do you live in an apartment or a house?

pepe84 said:
Thanks for sharing this. I am still wondering if my return envelop will ever be scanned. Remember we had the same issue and yours was never scanned? Do you live in an apartment? Do you have mailbox?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I live in an apartment and there is a mailbox in the main entrance. I hope they leave the parcel there. Also, you mentioned the issuance of your Visa was on Jan 15? And you got the passport back on Jan 22? ??? I wonder if all those days your passport was messing around the horrible Canada post network due to the scanning issue?

prapplicant13 said:
Yep I remember Pepe. I leave in a house and there is a box for flyers and newspapers at the entrance but my mailbox is 1 minute walk from the house. It never got scanned in the way back and it was left at the flyers box not my mailbox. What about you do you live in an apartment or a house?

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
pepe84 said:
Hey ichina,

Did you not get your tracking activated yesterday? Your passport reached Ottawa on Jan 14 and mine reached there on Jan 15, so yours should come back first. I was expecting all Jan 14 passports to get activated by yesterday and all Jan 15 today. :(
I just checked and my returning package has not yet activated. We may probably give it at least two more days.