+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope this post makes my question clear! Please guys advice me if at CBSA they will ask me for a prove that I was in the USA?

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154998-i97-k6020782-Rainbow_Bridge_Walk-Niagara_Falls_Ontario.html

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope this post makes my question clear! Please guys advice me if at CBSA they will ask me for a prove that I was in the USA?

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154998-i97-k6020782-Rainbow_Bridge_Walk-Niagara_Falls_Ontario.html

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much friend. This is the post I really wanted to read. I was thinking of leaving Canada on foot and re-enter without touching USA offices, but having you said that I will definitely use my car (to avoid the cold wind) and get to meet USA officers to get the rejection letter, I have no other choice.

Thank you so much prapplicant!

prapplicant13 said:
We handed the rejection letter with the COPR to the officer before he asks for anything.

Yes you need it. They will send you another letter with COPR that says in bold " Please note that you must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada at the port of entry to become a permanent resident". To show that you have left Canada and entered another country you need your latest stamp to be an entry stamp to another country or if you are flag-poling the rejection letter will do the same role.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got you bro. No, you cannot do flag-polling without exiting Canada, and to leave Canada you need to enter a different country.

PS> Good luck with the landing formalities

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I invite you to read all posts thoroughly before giving your opinions.

I was always referring to leaving Canada on foot/walking because there is only one side walk at Rainbow bridge for both; people leaving and entering Canada. I do not need to live only 20 min away from the falls to know this fact!

Diplomatru said:
Got you bro. No, you cannot do flag-polling without exiting Canada, and to leave Canada you need to enter a different country.

PS> Good luck with the landing formalities

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:
I invite you to read all posts thoroughly before giving your opinions.

I was always referring to leaving Canada on foot/walking because there is only one side walk at Rainbow bridge for both; people leaving and entering Canada. I do not need to live only 20 min away from the falls to know this fact!
I figured you were going by car. If you go on foot grab some coins, there is a fee for crossing the bridge.

mirzathegr8

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
September 10, 2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
September 11, 2014
Med's Done....
October 23, 2014
Passport Req..
January 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2015
LANDED..........
February 2, 2015
My return passport has activated today..........

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
mirzathegr8 said:
Many congratulations.
Was it activated over the weekend?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you tell us if it was activated during the weekend and whether you live close to Ottawa? I know for some cities near Ottawa the tracking number may even get activated on Sundays.

Many congrats!!!

mirzathegr8 said:

CPA_SKYWALKER

Jan 6, 2015
Re: Landing Separately

Hey everybody,

I really thank you if someone can assist me with my case.

My wife and I are waiting for our passports to be back from CPC Ottawa, so we can go ahead and proceed with the landing process. However, my wife (she is the main applicant) needs to travel to the US to participate in a conference there, so upon her return having her other student visa expired after the issuance of the landing visa, she needs to land without me in at the border in the airport.

I am not accompanying her, and then I need to land after she returns, since she is the main applicant and we are told that she needs to land first. Have you heard of any similar experience about a husband & wife who have landed separately? In this case is there any preference that I land inside Canada by making an appointment at one of Canada Service offices (immigration units there) or going to the border? Any other advice (if my wife needs to accompany me when I am landing, etc.)

Thanks you for your reply.

mirzathegr8

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
September 10, 2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
September 11, 2014
Med's Done....
October 23, 2014
Passport Req..
January 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2015
LANDED..........
February 2, 2015
Thanks and good luck to you too guys.

Yes, I checked late night on Friday and it was not activated. It was activated just yesterday (Saturday). My return address is for Kingston ON.

Thanks again and Good luck to everyone.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing. Yes Kingston is quite close to Ottawa.

When did your passport reach CPC Ottawa?

mirzathegr8 said:
Thanks and good luck to you too guys.

Yes, I checked late night on Friday and it was not activated. It was activated just yesterday (Saturday). My return address is for Kingston ON.

Thanks again and Good luck to everyone.

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Hi Guys,

I have a quite irrelevant question. I appreciate if you guys can shed some lights on that, I couldn't find an answer online..

I am applying visitor visa for my parents, We would like to get a multiple visa for 5 years for them. There is a form 5752 which we should indicate their travel plans, and we should mention the time that they are going to stay. Now the question is, should I give a five years interval, say from 2015 to 2020 although they are not going to stay the whole time or should I just mention only their plans for the coming year( say from may2015 to aug 2015)? If I just mention this year plan, they might think we only want the visa for this year not issue a long term visa. And if I mention the five year, since visitors are not allowed to stay for that long they might just reject their visa...

Thanks and sorry if it is very irrelevant

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
farahnz said:
Hi Guys,

I have a quite irrelevant question. I appreciate if you guys can shed some lights on that, I couldn't find an answer online..

I am applying visitor visa for my parents, We would like to get a multiple visa for 5 years for them. There is a form 5752 which we should indicate their travel plans, and we should mention the time that they are going to stay. Now the question is, should I give a five years interval, say from 2015 to 2020 although they are not going to stay the whole time or should I just mention only their plans for the coming year( say from may2015 to aug 2015)? If I just mention this year plan, they might think we only want the visa for this year not issue a long term visa. And if I mention the five year, since visitors are not allowed to stay for that long they might just reject their visa...

Thanks and sorry if it is very irrelevant
I applied separately for both my parents and my wife's parents for multiple entry visa. For all of them I just checked the box for multiple visa and just gave them the plan for their coming trip. The officer issued multiple visa for all of them for each to the expiry of the passport (3,3.5, 4.5 and 5 years). I have seen many other friends who experienced the same thing. I recommend to mention just their coming trip, as you said May to august 2015.

q30327

Jan 9, 2015
At 5:50pm. 'Item arrived at postal facility.'

pepe84 said:
Nice info, thanks for sharing. So I have still a hope to get activation on Monday. What time was your tracking activated yesterday?