+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very happy for you bro. Yes all Jan 13 passports were activated yesterday night. Hopefully Jan 14 will get activated this Monday.

thwijoo said:
My passport return package is activated. :)

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
can anybody update me on tracker, got MR&RPRF on 14th Jan

q30327

Jan 9, 2015
Yeah, my passport arrived Jan 14 and the return package was activated yesterday.

pepe84 said:
Very happy for you bro. Yes all Jan 13 passports were activated yesterday night. Hopefully Jan 14 will get activated this Monday.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice info, thanks for sharing. So I have still a hope to get activation on Monday. What time was your tracking activated yesterday?

q30327 said:
Yeah, my passport arrived Jan 14 and the return package was activated yesterday.

mengoose

Aug 10, 2012
Anybody has any suggestions on where to land for someone living in St. John's, Newfoundland? Is there an inland landing office? For someone who does not drive, can he still flagpole? Do you have to drive to flagpole? Thanks!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recommend you find a border with USA where you can go by bus, walk over US offices and come back. Inland landing takes time to get an appointment. I know I can walk through Rainbow bridge in Niagara, but not sure about other borders.

mengoose said:
Anybody has any suggestions on where to land for someone living in St. John's, Newfoundland? Is there an inland landing office? For someone who does not drive, can he still flagpole? Do you have to drive to flagpole? Thanks!

mengoose

Aug 10, 2012
pepe84 said:
I recommend you find a border with USA where you can go by bus, walk over US offices and come back. Inland landing takes time to get an appointment. I know I can walk through Rainbow bridge in Niagara, but not sure about other borders.
Many thanks! Does anybody know any other borders where I can walk through? Those near the east coast.

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
We finished the landing this morning. I would like to thank all of you guys for your help and I wish everyone get the good news that they are waiting for as soon as possible. Here is our landing story:

"Me an my wife went for flag-poling this morning at prescott bridge. We drove for an hour to get to the border. We just passed the Canadian custom and the bridge. There was no line on the other side at US border. The immigration officer asked us to park the car and go inside their office to get the rejection letter. The officer in the office asked lot's of questions like even what my father do for living!!!! he was talking a bit rude and he told us you are going back and force to your home country (Iran) in a tone that sounds like it is illegal!!!! (he asked for all our expired passports which fortunately we had them with us. so better to take them with you to the border) After 40 minutes of questioning and checking his computer and going around our car he gave us the rejection letter and asked us to go back to Canadian border. I asked him if we need to mention this rejection whenever we apply for US visa and to my surprise he answered that 100% yes you must and you should mention it was part of your landing process. I told him I've heard from many people that they have been told it is not needed and he said they lied to you!!!!!! and you can give it a try and see the consequences. I am not sure if our experience on US border was normal but both of us have traveled two times to US in the past and they were more welcoming before. Even this time we were not intending to enter US!!!

Then we left US border and we get to the Canadian border. There was no line as well and people were supper nice. It took 15 minutes to go over the whole process. The officer didn't ask for even one document (not even the proof of fund or employer letter). He just got our passport and COPR and asked us to sign and sit while he is entering some data in his computer. Then he called us and congratulated us for becoming permanent residence."

Thanks again everyone and wish you the best. I will come back occasionally to the forum to read your good news.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Such a horrible story, but congratulations anyways. I have one question and would really appreciate if you could answer it. Did Canadian border officers ask you for a proof that you were in the USA? I am thinking of not even going to USA offices, just come back in the middle of the bridge. Guys I need your suggestions please!

prapplicant13 said:
We finished the landing this morning. I would like to thank all of you guys for your help and I wish everyone get the good news that they are waiting for as soon as possible. Here is our landing story:

"Me an my wife went for flag-poling this morning at prescott bridge. We drove for an hour to get to the border. We just passed the Canadian custom and the bridge. There was no line on the other side at US border. The immigration officer asked us to park the car and go inside their office to get the rejection letter. The officer in the office asked lot's of questions like even what my father do for living!!!! he was talking a bit rude and he told us you are going back and force to your home country (Iran) in a tone that sounds like it is illegal!!!! (he asked for all our expired passports which fortunately we had them with us. so better to take them with you to the border) After 40 minutes of questioning and checking his computer and going around our car he gave us the rejection letter and asked us to go back to Canadian border. I asked him if we need to mention this rejection whenever we apply for US visa and to my surprise he answered that 100% yes you must and you should mention it was part of your landing process. I told him I've heard from many people that they have been told it is not needed and he said they lied to you!!!!!! and you can give it a try and see the consequences. I am not sure if our experience on US border was normal but both of us have traveled two times to US in the past and they were more welcoming before. Even this time we were not intending to enter US!!!

Then we left US border and we get to the Canadian border. There was no line as well and people were supper nice. It took 15 minutes to go over the whole process. The officer didn't ask for even one document (not even the proof of fund or employer letter). He just got our passport and COPR and asked us to sign and sit while he is entering some data in his computer. Then he called us and congratulated us for becoming permanent residence."

Thanks again everyone and wish you the best. I will come back occasionally to the forum to read your good news.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:
Such a horrible story, but congratulations anyways. I have one question and would really appreciate if you could answer it. Did Canadian border officers ask you for a proof that you were in the USA? I am thinking of not even going to USA offices, just come back in the middle of the bridge. Guys I need your suggestions please!
Dude, you can't. There's no CBSA station when you leave Canada. If you go back, you'll brake the border.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dude, you can do that FOR SURE at rainbow bridge, Niagara Falls if you just leave Canada walking !!!! It is confirmed!

Diplomatru said:
Dude, you, can't. There's no CBSA station when you leave Canada. If you go back, you'll brake the border.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just need confirmation if we certainly have to prove we were in the USA? There is only one side walk in the rainbow bridge for people leaving and entering Canada on foot.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:
Dude, you can do that FOR SURE at rainbow bridge, Niagara Falls if you just leave Canada walking !!!! It is confirmed!
I live 20 minutes from there, and I've used this POE once, so I don't depend on your confirmations or whatever to make my personal judgement on this matter. If you leave Canada, you can enter it at the port of entry only, and you know what, you can't get there unless you approach it from the American side, because it is on the opposite sidewalk.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dude, you really don't get my point. There is only one POE for people entering Canada on foot. And that POE is in the same side walk that people use to leave Canada on foot. Therefore, if you leave Canada on foot, in the middle point of the bridge you can return to Canada again without reaching USA offices. Once you come back, you will face CBSA and meet Canadian officers.

Am I making my point?

My question is, do I really need to prove I was in the USA?

Diplomatru said:
I live 20 minutes from there, and I've used this POE once, so I don't depend on your confirmations or whatever to make my personal judgement on this matter. If you leave Canada, you can enter it at the port of entry only, and you know what, you can't get there unless you approach it from the American side, because it is on the opposite sidewalk.

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
We handed the rejection letter with the COPR to the officer before he asks for anything.

Yes you need it. They will send you another letter with COPR that says in bold " Please note that you must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada at the port of entry to become a permanent resident". To show that you have left Canada and entered another country you need your latest stamp to be an entry stamp to another country or if you are flag-poling the rejection letter will do the same role.

pepe84 said: