Doc's Request.
29/08/2014
Med's Request
29/08/2014
Med's Done....
10/09/2014
Passport Req..
9/1/2015
My passport reached at Ottawa on 13th, received by Ms Bennett. hoping next week it will come back.

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
You guys crack me up. You have the choice whether or not you wanna staple your SP to your passport. The last time I left the country, i went without my SP and I was allowed back in after a few questions. Having said that, it is good practice to always have your SP stapled or tucked in your passport. Or better still, get a passport holder and tuck it in one of its sluts. To each his own. Stuffs arent that serious you know.
PS: I am not aware of any country that will penalize you because you stapled your SP on your passport. lol

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
:) of course they'd allow you to come in... you had a valid visa! There is no formal requirement that holders of work/study permit should carry the document when they travel...

unruffledterry said:
You guys crack me up. You have the choice whether or not you wanna staple your SP to your passport. The last time I left the country, i went without my SP and I was allowed back in after a few questions. Having said that, it is good practice to always have your SP stapled or tucked in your passport. Or better still, get a passport holder and tuck it in one of its sluts. To each his own. Stuffs arent that serious you know.
PS: I am not aware of any country that will penalize you because you stapled your SP on your passport. lol

superstring

Dec 9, 2012
Hi Everybody,

I have a question regarding my obligation as the principal applicant to our dependents. Do I have any kind of explicit or implicit obligations or undertakings to support my dependents who became permanent residents because we were in the same PR application under Federal Skilled Workers program? I know under Family Sponsorship category, the sponsor need to sign an agreement between the sponsor, the sponsored person, and the government that the sponsor will financially support the sponsored person for a certain amount of years. And it is a big commitment. Under Federal Skilled Workers program, I never read any similar articles or policies. But I am still concerned about any implicit obligations or undertakings.

Any information or suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
superstring said:
Hi Everybody,

I have a question regarding my obligation as the principal applicant to our dependents. Do I have any kind of explicit or implicit obligations or undertakings to support my dependents who became permanent residents because we were in the same PR application under Federal Skilled Workers program? I know under Family Sponsorship category, the sponsor need to sign an agreement between the sponsor, the sponsored person, and the government that the sponsor will financially support the sponsored person for a certain amount of years. And it is a big commitment. Under Federal Skilled Workers program, I never read any similar articles or policies. But I am still concerned about any implicit obligations or undertakings.

I have applied with my wife, there is no special documentations like spouse sponsor categories, even in spouse sponsor you need to provide many proves, pictures etc, but federal skilled worker categories is totally different, just fill out all forms for u and you wife, if you wana apply 5 points ask her to take ielts, and your marriage certificate should be enough for proof of marriage, you should have proof of funds for two people and prepare all regular documents,

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It shouldn't be any of your concerns and I will tell you why. I applied for permanent residency as principal applicant however I submitted bank statements from my spouse only as she was working full time and she had the big cash to prove we can support ourselves in Canada. Visa officer never questioned why my dependent had more money than me or why I am sending bank statements from spouse only. This example shows that your dependent in a FSW application does not necessarily have to be your financial dependent once you land in Canada.

Hope I answered your question.

superstring said:
Hi Everybody,

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your comment.

With respect to your PS sentence: Are you aware of all immigration rules of the 196 countries that belong to The Earth Planet? If not, I invite you to gather more knowledge about the strict immigration policies from countries like Russia, The Ukraine, Cuba, North Korea and a few more that still are considered countries and belong to this planet.

Again, thanks for your comment.

unruffledterry said:

TonyLiuUT

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BJ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi Pepe and Viva,

I can remember which one of you used PER email to get OHIP. I tried last weekend at the Service Ontario (Downtown Toronto), however, they refused to do it for me and said " no matter whatever says on the website, the headquarter of Service Ontario believes the PER email doesn't fit the requirement of OHIP"

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used PER email and RPRF email as well. Try another Service Ontario Office and ask again, never mention you were refused of OHIP once.

TonyLiuUT said:
Hi Pepe and Viva,

I can remember which one of you used PER email to get OHIP. I tried last weekend at the Service Ontario (Downtown Toronto), however, they refused to do it for me and said " no matter whatever says on the website, the headquarter of Service Ontario believes the PER email doesn't fit the requirement of OHIP"

TonyLiuUT

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BJ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
pepe84 said:
I used PER email and RPRF email as well. Try another Service Ontario Office and ask again, never mention you were refused of OHIP once.
Hi Pepe,

So, you brought both PER and RPRF emails to Service Ontario ???

superstring

Dec 9, 2012
Thank you very much. Your story alleviated my concerns, but didn't eliminate them. Does anybody else have something to say on this aspect?

pepe84 said:
It shouldn't be any of your concerns and I will tell you why. I applied for permanent residency as principal applicant however I submitted bank statements from my spouse only as she was working full time and she had the big cash to prove we can support ourselves in Canada. Visa officer never questioned why my dependent had more money than me or why I am sending bank statements from spouse only. This example shows that your dependent in a FSW application does not necessarily have to be your financial dependent once you land in Canada.

Hope I answered your question.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Well, I can tell you I have never stapled any permit in my passport. In fact, study and work permits say at the bottom: IT DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE ENTRY. so why keeping it in a passport that is to be used to enter and re enter a country?
I agree with you. I remember that my friend sent his passport alone (without study permit) and he got his visa without any problem. Sending SP is a little risky as it might be detached and lost.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
TonyLiuUT said:
Hi Pepe and Viva,

Hi TonyLiuUT,

I went with my PER email only. The lady there gave me a letter that with the provided documents, OHIP cannot be granted. However, she told me that I have to appeal my case by faxing that letter a long with a cover letter and other documents to "Review Committee" center (in Kingston) and they will probably accept my request. This is the procedure that all my friends did and they were successful.

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
Hey Guys,

I also sent my PP without SP attached and I don't see any problem doing that as they have not asked for our SP but PP.

Pepe, did the Canada Post tracking web site changed or removed the row that says item received at post office when you informed them about it? Mine still says so however I called and let them know last week.

Thanks,