+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:
For unknown reasons, the security section is always left in blank. They do not want you to know what's going on there. They check with CBSA if you have become a member of a terrorist organization. They check this very regularly so that's why you never see the update and the results of your security field.
I appreciate your complete explanations :). It makes sense.

TonyLiuUT

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BJ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi guys,

Just some updates for my application (Sept 23rd), after 4 weeks waiting, finally got the PER email this morning......

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:
For unknown reasons, the security section is always left in blank. They do not want you to know what's going on there. They check with CBSA if you have become a member of a terrorist organization. They check this very regularly so that's why you never see the update and the results of your security field.
Thank you Pepe. By the way, the due day in my GCMS notes is : 2014/10/24, but I did not hear anything, yet.is normal?

RAP_PhD

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25-03-2015 (RCMP Fingerprint)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-05-2015
sebastianderp said:
Congrats RAP_PHD!

Just wondering were you asked for proof of fund or any other documents/proofs before receiving the MR?

Thanks,
-derp
No, they didn't ask for proof of fund (I probably provided 6-month bank account history with my application.But I don't remember it clearly). They only asked for medical check and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). No other documents/proofs before receiving the MR.

TonyLiuUT

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BJ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi guys,

I have a silly question about ordering GCMS note.

Should I order it for both me and my wife together or seperately?

Oct 11, 2014
Has anyone tried to call Cic to ask about PR procedure or documents? I've tried to call them at 1-888-242-2100 but there is no option for my case (application returned due a to missing document). For PR application, they need application number which I don't have. If you have any information please share, thanks!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your wife will have to fill a consent form and sing it, scan it and you will attach it when requesting GCMS notes (at the end of the request). I assume you are the PA.

Google this: ATIP consent form and select the first PDF that pops up.

For some security reasons this forum doesn't allow me to post the link for the consent form.

She will have to fill section A and C only. Do not fill section B because you are the PA and you will be the individual making the request. Do not fill section D either if you do not have a dependent younger than 18 years old.

self_confident said:
Has anyone tried to call Cic to ask about PR procedure or documents? I've tried to call them at 1-888-242-2100 but there is no option for my case (application returned due a to missing document). For PR application, they need application number which I don't have. If you have any information please share, thanks!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, very normal!

Saph said:
Thank you Pepe. By the way, the due day in my GCMS notes is : 2014/10/24, but I did not hear anything, yet.is normal?

Oct 11, 2014
Do you think that form will help our case? (return of package because of missing document). It seems there is no way to directly phone them about this case.

pepe84 said:
Your wife will have to fill a consent form and sing it, scan it and you will attach it when requesting GCMS notes (at the end of the request). I assume you are the PA.

For some security reasons this forum doesn't allow me to post the link for the consent form.

She will have to fill section A and C only. Do not fill section B because you are the PA and you will be the individual making the request. Do not fill section D either if you do not have a dependent younger than 18 years old.

thwijoo

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
Doc's Request.
29/08/2014
Med's Request
29/08/2014
Med's Done....
10/09/2014
Passport Req..
9/1/2015
No, you are actually right. % adaptability points for 2 years study in Canada

Viva2014 said:
OK. Thank you. However, you can easily see if those 5 point was for your study or not .

TonyLiuUT

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BJ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi Pepe,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have two more questions.

1) Should I choose " Yes" or " No" when the CIC website ask me the question " Are you requesting information on your own behalf?" ???? I am requesting on both my own and her behalf....a little confusing

2) Are you sure that I should fill Section A&C, instead of A&B, because:
B) If you are also seeking the information of your spouse or common-law in your ATIP request, you must indicate their name and signature
C) You must write your designated individual's contact information

pepe84 said:

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Choose YES! You are requesting information on your own behalf and your wife is already granting you permission to request info on her behalf by signing the consent form.

2) Fill sections A and C only. Section B is to be filled when the person requesting the GCMS notes is not the principal applicant (i.e. a lawyer). So the lawyer will ask the principal applicant to fill sections A and C and the spouse will have to fill section B only.

For section A, your spouse will write her name and personal info. For section C, your spouse will write your name and your email address and click on email box. Write N/A for remaining fields under section C.

TonyLiuUT said:
Hi Pepe,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have two more questions.

1) Should I choose " Yes" or " No" when the CIC website ask me the question " Are you requesting information on your own behalf?" ???? I am requesting on both my own and her behalf....a little confusing

2) Are you sure that I should fill Section A&C, instead of A&B, because:
B) If you are also seeking the information of your spouse or common-law in your ATIP request, you must indicate their name and signature
C) You must write your designated individual's contact information

TonyLiuUT

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BJ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi Pepe,

Thanks a lot for all the instruction, you can try to get a second job as Immigration Agent :)

Btw, I noticed that you got the Medical Request just one month after PER email. However, when I checked the 2014 FSW Spreadsheet, most of people received Medical Requests about 2 months after PER email....Is it because you choosed Ottowa office which is closer to Sydney?

pepe84 said:
1) Choose YES! You are requesting information on your own behalf and your wife is already granting you permission to request info on her behalf by signing the consent form.

2) Fill sections A and C only. Section B is to be filled when the person requesting the GCMS notes is not the principal applicant (i.e. a lawyer). So the lawyer will ask the principal applicant to fill sections A and C and the spouse will have to fill section B only.

For section A, your spouse will write her name and personal info. For section C, your spouse will write your name and your email address and click on email box. Write N/A for remaining fields under section C.

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Does anyone know what is the total number of PhD applications they accepted since May 2014? I am afraid by the time they finished processing my file, they would reach the 500 cap.

My application was received on 11th Aug 2014
PER issued on 29th Nov 2014
Further documents requested on 29th Dec 2014

Thanks,