+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't follow the processing times for CPC Ottawa, they have very unexpected behaviors. In November 2014, CPC Ottawa decided to send MR and RPRF to many but many applicants. Maybe someone wanted to cash the RPRF money before Christmas ;D Then, all the victims who paid the RPRF and completed medicals are now desperately waiting for PPR!

TonyLiuUT said:
Hi Pepe,

Thanks a lot for all the instruction, you can try to get a second job as Immigration Agent :)

Btw, I noticed that you got the Medical Request just one month after PER email. However, when I checked the 2014 FSW Spreadsheet, most of people received Medical Requests about 2 months after PER email....Is it because you choosed Ottowa office which is closer to Sydney?

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Does anyone know what is the total number of PhD applications they accepted since May 2014? I am afraid by the time they finished processing my file, they would reach the 500 cap.

My application was received on 11th Aug 2014
PER issued on 29th Nov 2014
Further documents requested on 29th Dec 2014

Thanks,

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once your PER is issued, it means your file was considered within the 500 caps. You do not have to worry about cap being filled after the PER email is received.

Hisham984 said:
Does anyone know what is the total number of PhD application they accepted since May 2014? I am afraid by the time they finished processing my file, they would reach the 500 cap.

My application was received on 11th Aug 2014
PER issued on 29th Nov 2014
Further documents requested on 29th Dec 2014

Thanks,

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Thank you very much Pepe. You should open a consultation firm!

pepe84 said:
Once your PER is issued, it means your file was considered within the 500 caps. You do not have to worry about cap being filled after the PER email is received.

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
Hisham984 said:
Thank you very much Pepe. You should open a consultation firm!
Hi people,

Please join me to thank Pepe84 for giving valuable suggestions and his precious time, and helping many forum members in this and other threads.

Thanks pepe84.

PS.
Also there should be more than 100s of plus ones under his profile but I can see only 18. You can also thank by clicking "good".

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much! I enjoy helping all of you guys! ;)

darkknight1 said:
Hi people,

Please join me to thank Pepe84 for giving valuable suggestions and his precious time, and helping many forum members in this and other threads.

Thanks pepe84.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DNEP said:
Double check if you forgot to attach:(i) ECA report; and (ii) letter sent by WES that u completed ECA....(both originals).....I heard they send back application if you missed one of them......If you have sent them together....u can definitely go after them....Anyway, I don't know how CIC can return application package for any documents we prepared within Canada. They can easily trace and find out the truth.....Anyway good luck my friend....God Bless us....!!!!
Does everybody has sent the letter sent by WES that u completed ECA to CIO? It make no sense to me, since the ECA report has all information!
Please comment based on your experience :(

TonyLiuUT

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BJ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Just read that news a few minutes ago....these motherfxxxkers, ask students to review our appliation, no wonder it takes 2 months to open our files and charge our credit cards.

"------According to the union, casual employees make up half the workforce responsible for the reviews of permanent residence applications. These employees, mostly students, are given three days of training on the department’s global case management system (GCMS) and rotate on three shifts."

mamali said:
:D :D :D :D :D

canadianimmigrant.ca/news-and-views/high-error-rate-found-in-canadas-immigration-processing

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my transcripts to another organization (ICAS-CANADA). They never sent me any letter, just two originals of the ECA report. They also sent me an email saying that my assessment has been completed and two reports have been sent to me. I only submitted one original ECA report with my application to CIO and no problem so far.

zorroo said:
Does everybody has sent the letter sent by WES that u completed ECA to CIO? It make no sense to me, since the ECA report has all information!
Please comment based on your experience :(

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
many thanks for sharing this horrifying news. At least CPC Ottawa is not there, lol.

A friend of mine had told me before that most of the CIO employees are young and immature students. I said "I don't believe you". Now having read this I will have to ask my friend for forgiveness.

mamali said:
:D :D :D :D :D

canadianimmigrant.ca/news-and-views/high-error-rate-found-in-canadas-immigration-processing

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
darkknight1 said:
Hi people,

Thanks pepe84.

PS.
Also there should be more than 100s of plus ones under his profile but I can see only 18. You can also thank by clicking "good".
+1 for you darknight and +1 for you pepe. Let's make it like FSW2014. If you receive a good help, please give that person +1. Other situations are sharing good news such as MR, PPR, PER and so forth which in my opinion that user deserves +1.

Oct 11, 2014
That's what I did too. Just submitted the report sent from World Education Report. It's just a 2-page letter saying my education equivalency to Canada system. Could not understand why they didn't see it... can not afford being rejected this way....
pepe84 said:
I sent my transcripts to another organization (ICAS-CANADA). They never sent me any letter, just two originals of the ECA report. They also sent me an email saying that my assessment has been completed and two reports have been sent to me. I only submitted one original ECA report with my application to CIO and no problem so far.

Oct 11, 2014
I was trying to call cic call centre to ask about my rejected application but the automated number need application number which I can not find it. Does anyone have any idea how to reach them to ask about PR by phone?