+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you sure WES did the FSW evaluation? I remember when I was doing my assessment with ICAS-Canada they asked me to specify in the application what type of assessment I wanted: - ECA report for FSW immigration or - ECA report for employment in Canada. Those are very different formats and if you sent the one for employment CIC will not accept it.

self_confident said:
That's what I did too. Just submitted the report sent from World Education Report. It's just a 2-page letter saying my education equivalency to Canada system. Could not understand why they didn't see it... can not afford being rejected this way....

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
Does everybody has sent the letter sent by WES that u completed ECA to CIO? It make no sense to me, since the ECA report has all information!
Please comment based on your experience :(
Anybody else has experience?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Are you sure WES did the FSW evaluation? I remember when I was doing my assessment with ICAS-Canada they asked me to specify in the application what type of assessment I wanted: - ECA report for FSW immigration or - ECA report for employment in Canada. Those are very different formats and if you sent the one for employment CIC will not accept it.
I remember some applicants of FSW2014 had the same problem. CIO in this case sends an email to WES, then WES sends an email to the applicant and asks the applicant to pay for an additional copy. After that, CIO will be able to check the status online. No one has been rejected in this situation as far as I know.

DNEP

Jul 26, 2013
Viva2014 said:
I only submitted two pages of equivalency report for my Bachelor and Master. That's it. No more thing is required.
Senior suggestions.....!!!

I found in the Document Check list as:

For you as the principal applicant:
• Proof of a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential
OR
• Proof of a completed foreign educational credential AND an original ECA report issued by a designated
organization indicating the authenticity and equivalency of your completed foreign educational credential(s) to a completed Canadian educational credential(s).

GOD!!!! I don't know.....What AND meant to say....!!! UNLESS PER.....They can do anything.....!!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It means you have to send foreign transcripts and the ECA report. Both of them!

DNEP said:

• Proof of a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential
OR
• Proof of a completed foreign educational credential AND an original ECA report issued by a designated
organization indicating the authenticity and equivalency of your completed foreign educational credential(s) to a completed Canadian educational credential(s).

GOD!!!! I don't know.....What AND meant to say....!!! UNLESS PER.....They can do anything.....!!

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
DNEP said:

OR

In addition to your WES report, you have to provide a translation of your diploma and transcript in your application. If not provided, your application is returned.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pepe84 said:
As I know and as previous members of this forum said before, you should put the translated copy of your degree along with the WES report to CIC.
If you did not put the translated copy along with the WES report, then thats why.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Viva2014 said:
In addition to your WES report, you have to provide a translation of your diploma and transcript in your application. If not provided, your application is returned.
Exactly! Besides a 2 page ECA report, there is a cover letter which says nothing and it make no sense if CIO expects applicants to send this as well!

Oct 11, 2014
WES is one of the designed institutions for ECA report. It's clearly written in the website. I submitted ECA report from WES together with all degrees and transcripts from my Bsc, Msc... And they ticked "you do not submit ECA report". There is another option as "your ECA report is not accepted" but was not ticked. It mean by somehow, they didn't see the ECA report in the package though all of the documents were arranged according to checklist.

pepe84 said:

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
zorroo said:
Anybody else has experience?
I do no think any additional letter/documents required from WES since in the document checklist its just asked for the original ECA report. Thats all they needed.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
self_confident said:
WES is one of the designed institutions for ECA report. It's clearly written in the website. I submitted ECA report from WES together with all degrees and transcripts from my Bsc, Msc... And they ticked "you do not submit ECA report". There is another option as "your ECA report is not accepted" but was not ticked. It mean by somehow, they didn't see the ECA report in the package though all of the documents were arranged according to checklist.
Contact the MP of your city and ask for help. In case they could not help you, try to appeal as soon as possible. Good luck!

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
DNEP said:

OR

Yes as Pepe said u have to submit both. I got the same situation I have a masters from Canada and bachelor from outside canada. I called to the Call centre and they said you have submit ECA for your bachelor and copy of your credentials from Canada. With my application I submitted attested transcript and diploma for both bachelor and msc and included the ECA for bachelor.

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
31 days. No GCMS notes yet. :'(

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
Does anybody got any update today?? I was dying for MR today but seems like the Snow storm did not wake up any agents today :(