+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you please share with us the reason of rejection?

Eagle2014 said:
Does anybody go to "federal court" in Kitchener/Waterloo area? I wanna appeal officer for my FSW-PhD stream rejection happened recently without any acceptable reason!
Thanks in advance

Eagle2014

Nov 2, 2014
pepe84 said:
Can you please share with us the reason of rejection?
I have been rejected as I got 60 points, I did get 00 for my experience while
I applied under two NOC code:
one of them was for back home and officer could not find the website of the employer I worked with:
"I could not locate the website of your employer": s/he said.
While if s/he have searched in google, it could be found!!!!

The other NOC was 4012 which it was 11 months and they told me it is less than 1 year.
I am not sure why CIC act like this: the officer should ask me provide the website and check the credibility, if he could not be convinced then decide to reject.
Also, how they ask people to update their "bank statement" while if he looked at my Letter of attestation and see I am full time phD students, she could ask me the update for other NOC code: 4012 and I finished 13 months at the time of rejection!!!!
In this way, I think CIC just is rejecting people for money, nothing else!!!!!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should have checked this website before, many but MANY 2011, 2012 and even 2013 applicants got their applications rejected because of work experience letters. Visa Officers are extremely strict with those letter. I am afraid that if your application was rejected by CIO, you will not be able to appeal under the federal court. Best thing you can do is apply quickly again and make nice reference letters. To be honest, you should re-apply no later than next week.

Eagle2014 said:
I have been rejected as I got 60 points, I did get 00 for my experience while
I applied under two NOC code:
one of them was for back home and officer could not find the website of the employer I worked with:
"I could not locate the website of your employer": s/he said.
While if s/he have searched in google, it could be found!!!!

The other NOC was 4012 which it was 11 months and they told me it is less than 1 year.
I am not sure why CIC act like this: the officer should ask me provide the website and check the credibility, if he could not be convinced then decide to reject.
Also, how they ask people to update their "bank statement" while if he looked at my Letter of attestation and see I am full time phD students, she could ask me the update for other NOC code: 4012 and I finished 13 months at the time of rejection!!!!
In this way, I think CIC just is rejecting people for money, nothing else!!!!!

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Hi all,

How and when does CIC contact you after you first send the application? Is the first contact over email or regular mail?

I sent my application package on Oct 24th, so in principle they should have received it earlier this week. Unfortunately, I didn't get tracking for the shipping so I have no way of knowing on my end.

Thanks!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be contacted by CIO-Sydney in 4 months from now. If the application was complete, you will receive an email with a possitive determination of eligibility (PER). If the application was incomplete, you will receive a mail package with the application.
Good luck!

espg_007 said:
Hi all,

How and when does CIC contact you after you first send the application? Is the first contact over email or regular mail?

I sent my application package on Oct 24th, so in principle they should have received it earlier this week. Unfortunately, I didn't get tracking for the shipping so I have no way of knowing on my end.

Thanks!

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
Hi Guys

I got medical request next day after I got RPRF, thanks for your suggestions.

daretobenku

Jan 2, 2013
Happy to hear your application goes so smooth. ;)
Then for your points I have one question:
I assume you used TA/RA as work experience. If so how many hours/week and hours/year do you claim in the reference letter? Thanks.

pepe84 said:
Sure, here it is as described in the GCMS file;

Age 30, points 12

Education Masters, points 23

Years of work experience 2, Points 11

Language (IELTS, 7, 7, 6, 6.5), Points 19

Adaptability: Previous studies in Canada (2 years, Principal Applicant), 5 points
Previous work in Canada (1.5 years full time, Spouse), 5 points
Total points adaptability: 10

Total Points for Eligibility: 75

It took exactly 30 days, however they were last updated in October 10th, so for medicals and criminality it says Not Started! and RPRF outstanding, but I got the medicals and PCC requests this week and already paid the RPRF.

daretobenku

Jan 2, 2013
Will it be ok if I send my application by early December? OR the Cap will be reached?

pepe84 said:
Hey guys,

Just a note, cap was updated today as someone mentioned, but remember something;

It says 180 out of 500 as of november 6. However, the real date is not november 6, it is in fact July 24, which was the latest credit card charge by CIO. Therefore, there might be 360 or more applications as of today!!!!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure what work experience they considered in my application. In fact, I had claimed 4 years total in schedule 3 and they gave me 2 years only. What I believed that happened was that I have 1.2 years of work experience as RA NOC 4012 from Canada and 8 months work experience in NOC 2121 from Canada as well. These two were well supported and full time. So I think they gave me two years based on these work experiences no matter they were from different NOCs. Then I had two more years as RA from back home. But it seems they ignored the letter from back home and I am not sure why because it was very well written. As for the RA letter from Canada, I claimed 20 hrs per week for winter and fall semesters, and 35 hrs per week for summer (all between Jan 2012 and May 2014). I never claimed hrs for TA because I have never TAed in Canada.
Hope this helps!

daretobenku said:
Happy to hear your application goes so smooth. ;)
Then for your points I have one question:
I assume you used TA/RA as work experience. If so how many hours/week and hours/year do you claim in the reference letter? Thanks.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For me December is too risky, but if you have no choice then send it in Dec.

daretobenku said:
Will it be ok if I send my application by early December? OR the Cap will be reached?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
pepe84 said:
For me December is too risky, but if you have no choice then send it in Dec.
I doubt it. It is not even close. I don't know why but I think people discovered that this stream and are not really applying for it

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi TyrusX;

Are you aware of what applications got their CC charged by CIO last week? The last applicants who got their CC charged last week were July 24th applicants. Therefore, CIO has updated the cap based on the number of complete applications they have received (applications with fees charged), NOT based on the total number of applications that may be sitting in the queue (unopened envelopes) until now, which might surpass or double 180.

TyrusX said:
I doubt it. It is not even close. I don't know why but I think people discovered that this stream and are not really applying for it

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
pepe84 said:
Hi TyrusX;

Are you aware of what applications got their CC charged by CIO last week? The last applicants who got their CC charged last week were July 24th applicants. Therefore, CIO has updated the cap based on the number of complete applications they have received (applications with fees charged), NOT based on the total number of applications that may be sitting in the queue (unopened envelopes) until now, which might surpass or double 180.
As far as I know, and I have been paying attention to this since this stream started, It is applications received, not applications whose credit card got charged.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sure it refers to complete applications and not to applications received per day or weeks. By complete applications, it means all documents and forms are ready to be transferred to VO and fees were already charged.

I tried to apply for PR in 2011 under another NOC. I remember I applied in November 2011 and the NOC was still in 226 out of 500. Then I got my application back in February, 2012 with a letter dated on January 31st, 2012 saying that on January 31st the NOC 2121 was full and therefore as I didn't have an offer of employment they have to reject my application. This means that when I applied in Nov 2011, they did receive my application but they never touched my file.

TyrusX said:
As far as I know, and I have been paying attention to this since this stream started, It is applications received, not applications whose credit card got charged.