+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:
Make sure the number of years of education you write in the generic form coincides exactly with question 7 in IMM5669E (Background declaration form)
So, we should not mention our phd studies in question 7 in IMM5669E (Background declaration form) as well? Is there any other part in the forms with similar situation?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You cannot mention your PhD studies in question 7 of IMM5669E, because if you read the leading sentence of this question it says: "Given the number of years of school you successfully completed for each of the following levels of education". By successfully completed, it means degree granted!

And this is from the instruction guide IMM7000:

Question 7

Education

Indicate the number of years of formal education you have which you have completed at each of the levels indicated.

Provide the details about each secondary and post secondary educational institution you attended, including the:

period of time that you attended the institution,
name of the institution,
city and country,
type of certificate or diploma issued, and
field of study.

If no diploma was issued, write “N/A”. If you need more space, attach a separate sheet of paper.

zorroo said:
So, we should not mention our phd studies in question 7 in IMM5669E (Background declaration form) as well? Is there any other part in the forms with similar situation?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will be able to mention your PhD studies in question 8 of IMM5669E, personal history.

and this is from the instruction guide IMM7000:

Question 8

Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent.

Start with the most recent information. Under “Activity”, write your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (for example: unemployed, studying, travelling, retired, in detention, etc.). If you were outside your country of nationality, indicate your status in that country.

Note: Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time.

pepe84 said:
You cannot mention your PhD studies in question 7 of IMM5669E, because if you read the leading sentence of this question it says: "Given the number of years of school you successfully completed for each of the following levels of education". By successfully completed, it means degree granted!

And this is from the instruction guide IMM7000:

Question 7

Education

Indicate the number of years of formal education you have which you have completed at each of the levels indicated.

Provide the details about each secondary and post secondary educational institution you attended, including the:

period of time that you attended the institution,
name of the institution,
city and country,
type of certificate or diploma issued, and
field of study.

If no diploma was issued, write “N/A”. If you need more space, attach a separate sheet of paper.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That s right pepe. What about the table which mentions "Provide the details about each secondary and post secondary educational institution you attended" in the same question? Again no mentioning of phd studies?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zorroo, since I know you will ask me what activity you should write in Question 8 for the most recent occupation, I wrote Phd student and Research Assistant (in the same field) to avoid contradicting the occupation I wrote in the generic form (Research Assistant only). SInce you can only write two words in the generic form (Research Assistant) but more than two words under "activity" in question 8 of IMM5669E (PhD student and Research Assistant). :D

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope, just write the name of your primary school, from grade 1 to 9 I guess, the name of your high school from grade 10 to 12, and the name of your university where you got your BSc and MSc degrees. If the Universities were different, then use a 4th line.

zorroo said:
That s right pepe. What about the table which mentions "Provide the details about each secondary and post secondary educational institution you attended" in the same question? Again no mentioning of phd studies?

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:
You will be able to mention your PhD studies in question 8 of IMM5669E, personal history.

and this is from the instruction guide IMM7000:

Question 8

Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent.

Start with the most recent information. Under “Activity”, write your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (for example: unemployed, studying, travelling, retired, in detention, etc.). If you were outside your country of nationality, indicate your status in that country.

Note: Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time.

Also for this question 8: if we have had a trip like 1 week or so, shall we mention it here or it is enough to be mentioned in "Your Travels" form and no need to cut the time just for vacations here?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, in question 7 of IMM5669E just give details of secondary (High School) and Post Secondary (University) education you have had. Forget about primary school please.

pepe84 said:
Nope, just write the name of your primary school, from grade 1 to 9 I guess, the name of your high school from grade 10 to 12, and the name of your university where you got your BSc and MSc degrees. If the Universities were different, then use a 4th line.

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
Hi pepe84,

Any change in your ecas status about medicals. Mine doesn't show the third line yet.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope! and I am not expecting any change until or after this coming Thursday. I had the exam last Thursday and my physician told me he was gonna upload the results to CPC Ottawa today!!!

Can you call your physician and ask if they uploaded the results yet?

Keep calm and all will be smooth from now on ;D!

darkknight1 said:
Hi pepe84,

Any change in your ecas status about medicals. Mine doesn't show the third line yet.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have been reading FSW2014 thread for a while. Today, some August 8th applicants got CC charged. Hope getting good news soon :)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great Viva2014! Once you hear from CIO you can just relax, because I am almost 100% sure that they are finalizing this process. CPC Ottawa is only checking for criminality and medicals but the eligibility is being held by CIO this time.

Viva2014 said:
Hi everyone,

I have been reading FSW2014 thread for a while. Today, some August 8th applicants got CC charged. Hope getting good news soon :)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a note;

Did you guys know you can check the status of your application before you get your PER email and of course if it has been placed into processing?

Well, when I got my CC charged I checked the status of my application without any file number. How? well, I am not sure if you know that you get a UCI number once you receive your Student Visa. With this number you can check the status of your PR application online, because this is a unique number and will also be the number of your PR card once you get it. Make sure you type the number correctly like this XXXX-XXXX.

So if you guys got your CC charged and still waiting for PER email and file number, then don't wait, use your UCI number written in your student visa or study permit and check the status!!!!

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
pepe84 said:
Just a note;

Did you guys know you can check the status of your application before you get your PER email and of course if it has been placed into processing?

Well, when I got my CC charged I checked the status of my application without any file number. How? well, I am not sure if you know that you get a UCI number once you receive your Student Visa. With this number you can check the status of your PR application online, because this is a unique number and will also be the number of your PR card once you get it. Make sure you type the number correctly like this XXXX-XXXX.

So if you guys got your CC charged and still waiting for PER email and file number, then don't wait, use your UCI number written in your student visa or study permit and check the status!!!!
Pepe! You are a hero in this forum :)