+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am quoting the email I got from the CIO in Feb 2012 after I complained that my file reached CIO before the cap was full. Please note in the first paragraph of the email that the cap was full since Oct 2011 and I applied in late Nov 2011 when the cap was still saying 226 in the website.

Under MI-2, ten eligible occupations reached their caps before July 1st, 2011. Biologists and Related Scientist reached the NOC cap on May 16, 2011. As such, many representatives and applicants were disappointed and were ready and waiting to submit their applications in July 2011 when the caps re-opened under MI-3. Therefore, the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, NS received a high number of applications from the very first day. Within the first week of MI-3, the CIO received over 1500 applications and on October 24, 2011, the CIO received 500 complete applications for NOC 2121.

Due to the high volume of applications that the department receives, it not possible for the CIO to receive and review each application for completeness on the same day that it arrives at the office. CIC updates the number of complete applications received at least once a week but as noted on the website, the figures are meant as a guide only. There is no guarantee that an application that is sent now will fall within the cap by the time it reaches the CIO. Please be assured that we are looking into ways to minimize this natural time lag between the CIO's processing efforts and our website updates, particularly for the most popular NOCs.

Any subsequent application must meet all the requirements of the Document Checklist and Instruction guide at the time of submission or it will be returned. Please review our website prior to making an subsequent application.

Thank you

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
pepe84 said:
I am sure it refers to complete applications and not to applications received per day or weeks. By complete applications, it means all documents and forms are ready to be transferred to VO and fees were already charged.

I tried to apply for PR in 2011 under another NOC. I remember I applied in November 2011 and the NOC was still in 226 out of 500. Then I got my application back in February, 2012 with a letter dated on January 31st, 2012 saying that on January 31st the NOC 2121 was full and therefore as I didn't have an offer of employment they have to reject my application. This means that when I applied in Nov 2011, they did receive my application but they never touched my file.
i guess pepe84 is right. its the number of applications that were accepted by CIO after completeness check.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
bluelotus said:
Dear Admin, plz update the tracker with my final piece of update:

Passports with Visa & CPR received: October 30, 2014.
Hi moderator, can you plz update the tracker?

Passports with Visa & CPR received: October 30, 2014.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
pepe84 said:
I am quoting the email I got from the CIO in Feb 2012 after I complained that my file reached CIO before the cap was full. Please note in the first paragraph of the email that the cap was full since Oct 2011 and I applied in late Nov 2011 when the cap was still saying 226 in the website.

Under MI-2, ten eligible occupations reached their caps before July 1st, 2011. Biologists and Related Scientist reached the NOC cap on May 16, 2011. As such, many representatives and applicants were disappointed and were ready and waiting to submit their applications in July 2011 when the caps re-opened under MI-3. Therefore, the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, NS received a high number of applications from the very first day. Within the first week of MI-3, the CIO received over 1500 applications and on October 24, 2011, the CIO received 500 complete applications for NOC 2121.

Due to the high volume of applications that the department receives, it not possible for the CIO to receive and review each application for completeness on the same day that it arrives at the office. CIC updates the number of complete applications received at least once a week but as noted on the website, the figures are meant as a guide only. There is no guarantee that an application that is sent now will fall within the cap by the time it reaches the CIO. Please be assured that we are looking into ways to minimize this natural time lag between the CIO's processing efforts and our website updates, particularly for the most popular NOCs.

Any subsequent application must meet all the requirements of the Document Checklist and Instruction guide at the time of submission or it will be returned. Please review our website prior to making an subsequent application.

Thank you
that is great to know pepe84, thanks. Therefore, I really advice everyone to hurry the hell up and apply as soon as you can, as the end of the year approaches very quicky

daretobenku

Jan 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing this.
I think they considered your work experience out of Canada as if they only considered the experience in Canada that would be not sufficient for two years.
Full time means 30 hours/week.

pepe84 said:
I am not sure what work experience they considered in my application. In fact, I had claimed 4 years total in schedule 3 and they gave me 2 years only. What I believed that happened was that I have 1.2 years of work experience as RA NOC 4012 from Canada and 8 months work experience in NOC 2121 from Canada as well. These two were well supported and full time. So I think they gave me two years based on these work experiences no matter they were from different NOCs. Then I had two more years as RA from back home. But it seems they ignored the letter from back home and I am not sure why because it was very well written. As for the RA letter from Canada, I claimed 20 hrs per week for winter and fall semesters, and 35 hrs per week for summer (all between Jan 2012 and May 2014). I never claimed hrs for TA because I have never TAed in Canada.
Hope this helps!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

My parents sent me my PCC from my home country last Wednesday via DHL. However when I attempt to track the document it says it departed my home country since Wednesday but it hasn't landed anywhere. Is it normal for DHL? I am worried :(

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
pepe84 said:
Hey guys,

My parents sent me my PCC from my home country last Wednesday via DHL. However when I attempt to track the document it says it departed my home country since Wednesday but it hasn't landed anywhere. Is it normal for DHL? I am worried :(
I used TNT to get documents from my home country and it went well. It also gave me well detailed tracking information. Personally, I've never used DHL to send documents overseas but I expect the same level of service. After all, I don't think it's a big issue. They simply charge you a hell amount of money to deliver the parcels on time and help you through the journey. I'd suggest to give them a call and ask about your package. But I'm pretty sure there won't be any issue.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks!

I have used DHL twice or three times in the past and whenever the tracking info is updated with DEPARTURE, the next day it's updated with ARRIVE in another country. In this case, it departed my home country last Wednesday and so far it is still flying because the tracking info hasn't been updated with any ARRIVAL. That's why I am worried because it cannot be flying for three days :( but I hope all will be fine.

pyzdfr said:
I used TNT to get documents from my home country and it went well. It also gave me well detailed tracking information. Personally, I've never used DHL to send documents overseas but I expect the same level of service. After all, I don't think it's a big issue. They simply charge you a hell amount of money to deliver the parcels on time and help you through the journey. I'd suggest to give them a call and ask about your package. But I'm pretty sure there won't be any issue.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
pepe84 said:
Thanks!

I have used DHL twice or three times in the past and whenever the tracking info is updated with DEPARTURE, the next day it's updated with ARRIVE in another country. In this case, it departed my home country last Wednesday and so far it is still flying because the tracking info hasn't been updated with any ARRIVAL. That's why I am worried because it cannot be flying for three days :( but I hope all will be fine.
Don't over-stress yourself. Just call their customer service and they should be able to give you a detailed explanation of why the status have not been updated. I very much hope there won't be any issue since you really deserve it.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In generic form, in "Education/Occupation Detail", regarding "highest level of education", should we select doctorate -phd or master degree as a phd student? I chose doctorate -phd and in occupation I put student. Is that correct?
for Completed years of study, how we should calculate it?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NO!

Your highest level of education will be Masters degree (if you have completed an MSc, if not it would be BSc then). You cannot write PhD because you have not completed your PhD program yet.

Intended Occupation: Research Assistant (the same occupation and this will help them to know the continuity of your RA experience after submitting your application)

zorroo said:
In generic form, in "Education/Occupation Detail", regarding "highest level of education", should we select doctorate -phd or master degree as a phd student? I chose doctorate -phd and in occupation I put student. Is that correct?
for Completed years of study, how we should calculate it?

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:
NO!

Your highest level of education will be Masters degree (if you have completed an MSc, if not it would be BSc then). You cannot write PhD because you have not completed your PhD program yet.

Intended Occupation: Research Assistant (the same occupation and this will help them to know the continuity of your RA experience after submitting your application)
Thanks Pepe. What about the total number of years of formal education that I have completed? Should I count and add the number of years for phd till now like 4 years in my case?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, only education that you have completed. In my case I wrote 19 years in Total

12 years (from grade 1 to grade 12)
5 years (BSc)
2 years (MSc)

zorroo said:
Thanks Pepe. What about the total number of years of formal education that I have completed? Should I count and add the number of years for phd till now like 4 years in my case?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Make sure the number of years of education you write in the generic form coincides exactly with question 7 in IMM5669E (Background declaration form)

pepe84 said:
No, only education that you have completed. In my case I wrote 19 years in Total

12 years (from grade 1 to grade 12)
5 years (BSc)
2 years (MSc)