+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied on June 9th, 2014 and got my file number on October 06, 2014 (it was written on the PER email) When did you apply?

nasim2 said:
Hello guys,

Do you know anyone applying after May 2014 like June or July?
I think they stopped giving file number for the new applicants.

hemavet

Jan 21, 2014
Hi,

I received email from case processing center / Ottawa in September 3rd asking for supporting documents for my work experience. I replied to this email and attached all the required documents in September 15th, but I didn't receive any confirmation email.
Should I send the documents by post or that is normal?

Thanks...

MaryY

Sep 5, 2014
Application reached CIO: Dec 05, 2013
PER issued: FEB 05, 2014

Nationality: Iranian
TA/RA/2 years of job experience

please add me to the tracker.
[/quote]

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I have a question which may be very silly so feel free to correct me or criticize me. Why do we need to see American officials in the border? Why not just leaving Canada and then coming back without touching US border offices? In this way you are re-entering Canada without a doubt. I mean you can leave Canada through the rainbow bridge at Niagara and in the middle point of the bridge come back to the CBSA and show your documents. Please let me know your thoughts.

PhdStream said:
Thanks a lot..

I am also thinking of Blue Water bridge and QUEENSTON LEWISTON BRIDGE

ubcli

Nov 15, 2013
Hi everyone,

Today I received the long-awaited medical exam request. The email I received says military service exemption certificate is also required, however there are no specifications about it. I currently have a document stating I am exempt from military service until Oct 31, 2014. I will apply for an extension of this exemption but this renewal is going to take a few months and I am worried I cannot submit the required docs to CIC within 60 days, as required. So my question is, would it be okay to send the military exemption doc I currently have? I can mail it to them right away, and they would receive it before mid-Oct.

Btw, what is the point of asking for such a doc? Do you guys know why CIC is concerned about whether I am currently exempt from military service?

For the tracker:
Application reached on April 22, 2014
CC encashed: May 7, 2014
PER issues: May 12, 2014
Medical/RPRF/POF/Military Exemption Request: October 8, 2014
Number of people included in the application: 2
TA/RA experience included (main occupation is not TA/RA)

Asal2013

Nov 17, 2013
nasim2 said:
Hello guys,

Do you know anyone applying after May 2014 like June or July?
I think they stopped giving file number for the new applicants.
Hi nasim2
I just heard some people got their file number after 4 months. It seems that after May-2014 they process slower or they faced with too much application.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hemavet said:
Hi,

I received email from case processing center / Ottawa in September 3rd asking for supporting documents for my work experience. I replied to this email and attached all the required documents in September 15th, but I didn't receive any confirmation email.

Thanks...
Hi, Could you please tell us that what was the NOC of your work experiences which they asked for supporting documents? What did you submit at the beginning and what did you submit now as supporting documents? Thanks

hemavet

Jan 21, 2014
zorroo said:
Hi, Could you please tell us that what was the NOC of your work experiences which they asked for supporting documents? What did you submit at the beginning and what did you submit now as supporting documents? Thanks
NOC = 4012
I attached a work experience letter from home university and a reference letter from my previous supervisor. They asked for work contract but in my case I don't have based on the role of my country.
Therefore, I have letters from payroll office, postgraduate office and a letters from faculty and university.

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
thanks, good to hear that. I applied on june 19th. havn't heard anything yet.
So I should get an email soon.

pepe84 said:
I applied on June 9th, 2014 and got my file number on October 06, 2014 (it was written on the PER email) When did you apply?

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
Thank you for your information. It is not usually crowded in the summer for PhD stream. However, Sydney is responsible for all skilled workers and they are going to change the regulation this January. So, it might be a lot of applications now. I hope to get the file number before January. I just got a text from someone who applied on June 6th and got email on October 6th. So, I am optimistic to get it soon. thanks a gain.

Asal2013 said:
Hi nasim2
I just heard some people got their file number after 4 months. It seems that after May-2014 they process slower or they faced with too much application.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check the spreadsheet, on the tab "charts" watch the second chart and you will see that June 19th applicants are getting their CC charged today, so if this is happening today you better check your credit card because you may have got a charge today from the CIO. I know if it is a CIBC credit card you will not see it today but you can predict if CIO charged your CIBC credit card based on the available credit. If your CC is an RBC one, you will see it for sure if so happened.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet, remember second tab called "CHARTS", then goto the second chart.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gAbKSoDoOr1s8_raB1qwz0i-ZH0NyNWhhn18O6kHwQ/edit#gid=423739464

Good luck!

nasim2 said:
thanks, good to hear that. I applied on june 19th. havn't heard anything yet.
So I should get an email soon.

mtp_ottawa

Oct 8, 2014
Hi! Thx for sharing the info!
I have almost same problem.
I received the rejection letter two days ago. I received 0 point for the job experience. Therefore, my total score was 61 (So, if I could receive job experience scores I could easily pass 67).

I am third year PhD student in Computer Engineering and I have over two year experience in a company back to my country. The company provided me a job letter based on the NOC duties and it covered most of the topics there. Also, I asked couple of my friends (who applied for the PR and received it) to double check it and they told me that the job letter is good.
In addition, I attached the formal job insurance letter for that period.
Beside this one, I had TA/RA letters that shown I have two years’ of experience as TA/RA in a Canadian university.
The officer wrote in the rejection that you duties dose not the meet the requirements and we could not access the company website.
I do not know what is the problem with the job letter because actually it is almost similar to NOC job duties and it has all the required information such as dates, location, salary, hours of work and ect. About the company website, he/she is right because the company website is down these days because they are trying to reconstruct the website and upload the new one (it may be available online in two weeks).

I read arm739 experience in page 1032 and I am thinking of doing same thing.
Does anybody have any suggestion for me? I saw these usernames (arm739,Dani1982, arian_arian, N_O) on that post. Can you help me with this problem please?

arm739 said:
Dear Friends,

I would like to share my PR story so far. I applied for FSW (PhD Class). In the course of time, I updated my RA/TA letter of reference because I did not include the magic word "Assist" in the previous one along with my original documents. In that letter, I also added some more duties and responsibilities in detail to match the NOC 4012 as much as I could. Unfortunately, I got the rejection email :( from the immigration officer anyway because he had determined I did not meet the requirements of sections b) and c) of 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations despite the fact that I had already sent them the letter of reference with all the information required. Then, with the help of my wonderful friends in this forum :-* I tried to appeal. After few weeks of submission of my application in the Federal court, the officer's lawyer contacted me to settle a deal outside of the court. I closed the case and instead, the immigration officer's decision was set aside and my case reopened for redetermination by a different officer. Soon after I closed the case, I got RPRF and medical request unbelievably ;). I cannot tell my friends (Dani1982, arian_arian, N_O and others) how grateful I am for their instructions and help. Without their help and of course this forum, I could not be able to return my PR application to the right track. I hope this happens to every one of us. Here is my timeline after rejection:

File opened in the Federal Court: June 6th 2014
File closed in the Federal Court: July 24th, 2014
RPRF Request: July 29th, 2014
Medical Request: July 30th, 2014

DrImmi

Jun 7, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
Doc's Request.
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
In my recent communication with Ottawa I was not getting the automatic confirmation e-mail as well, but they reply back after few days so I guess this is normal.

hemavet said:
Hi,

Thanks...

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
b.mahal said:
Hi Admin,

Please update my info in the spreadsheet.

Application reached CIO : 2014-03-20
PER issued (CIO) : 2014-04-07
RPRF Request : 2014-09-18
Medical request : 2014-09-19
Passport requested : 2014-10-06

I had only RA/TA as my job experience.

Thanks,
B.Mahal
Hi there when did you sent your passport to Ottawa. Also, if you do not mind could you please let us know when it reached Ottawa and you received you passport back.

hemavet

Jan 21, 2014
DrImmi said:
In my recent communication with Ottawa I was not getting the automatic confirmation e-mail as well, but they reply back after few days so I guess this is normal.
Thanks DrImmi for reply
I had sent email two times from 20 day and I didn't receive any conformation email. Do you think I should send it by post?