+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

tmaclu

Mar 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I just got medical & RPRF requests, along with POF (6 months) & the so-called "PhD package": CV, field of study, supervisor info, publication list. All requests came in one email. Why they are asking for so many things now? Should I be concerned :(

Thanks a lot!!

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
tmaclu said:
Hi all,

I just got medical & RPRF requests, along with POF (6 months) & the so-called "PhD package": CV, field of study, supervisor info, publication list. All requests came in one email. Why they are asking for so many things now? Should I be concerned :(

Thanks a lot!!
You should be happy! :)

These documents request is quite normal!

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
***LANDING DONE***
I Landed on Oct 4th, 2014 at Peace arch border crossing between Vancouver and Seattle (I live in Edmonton, but I had some work to do in Vancouver on the weekend).
It went smoothly, no documents were requested, the officer just checked our passports (me and my wife) and COPRs and asked 2-3 questions and then signed the COPR and stamped the passport. The officers at both sides (US and Canada) were polite and helpful. The whole process took less than 15 minutes.

THANKS A LOT MY FRIENDS. This forum is amazing and helped me a lot.
If anyone has a question or needs an advice, feel free to inbox me.
Regards.

Asal2013

Nov 17, 2013
Hi all,
I see a lots of new name in the forum which they don`t have any information on the tracker sheet. It would be very helpful for new applicant if you share your information( Date of application reached to CIO, date of CC charged, date of PER issued , ......, Number of people in the application, Nationality ) and ask the admin to add your information to tracker.

Thanks

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Which border is best for Landing propose in Ontario.

I heard Peace Bridge (Niagra Fall) and Blue Water Bridge (Sarnia) ... anyone who can give some lights

FYI: I have US visa and planning to cross border and then come back to Canada.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot bluelotus, I would like to send my PCC before they request it but how can I do that? How can I send documents without being asked to send them? Please help!!!!
Also, I just checked the GCMS notes and it says they charge 30 bucks for the service, is that true? Please confirm!
From your experience, what sort of notes you saw on GCMS notes regarding your application?

Again, thanks a lot, your help is much appreciated!
bluelotus said:
Do not worry much about the file transfer. Again sharing my own experience: my status said "In Process (we received your appl on Oct. 7th, 2013)" until I was asked for Medical exam and RPRF payment. Only then they added the 2nd line "we started processing ur application." I never heard any ecas line about "file transferred to Ottawa". If anyone else did, share your experience here.

I completely agree with you and Viva on your PCC issue. You can check the progress of the new contemporary applicants to decide your next moves. IMO, u can even sent PCC after 2 months from now to avoid some possible delay in future. Because some applicants receive PCC requests with medical and RPRF requests at the same time with only 60 days deadline for all of them.

I thought you already know about GCMS (Global Case Management System) :). After a few weeks/days of getting PER email, you can order GCMS note online for free. The link to do this is:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
Or,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp
Choose it under privacy act and choose case file of your permanent residency application. Then also choose to receive it by email (not CD). From the pdf GCMS note, you will find your application details and all corresponding entries/comments inserted by the visa officers. From their comments, you can observe whether the visa officers have found any fault or incompleteness in any of your documents. You can send them updated documents accordingly. Good luck.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to type CPC Ottawa, if you leave that field in blank CIO will return your application without being processed .
ma_du said:
Hi guys,

I am trying to fill Generic application form for Canada.
Question 4 asked "Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application".
Should I leave it blank? because the Guide 7000 says Note: If you are applying from within Canada or being sponsored from within Canada, this question does not apply to you. Go to Question 5

I am PhD student in Canada like all of you. Why some people in the forum said "fill with CPC-Ottawa"?

Thanks.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats a good question, what if I dont have US Visa? Should I ask for deportation at US border? That would be a fun landing in Canada :)
PhdStream said:
Which border is best for Landing propose in Ontario.

I heard Peace Bridge (Niagra Fall) and Blue Water Bridge (Sarnia) ... anyone who can give some lights

FYI: I have US visa and planning to cross border and then come back to Canada.

ma_du

Aug 5, 2014
pepe84 said:
You have to type CPC Ottawa, if you leave that field in blank CIO will return your application without being processed .
Thanks, although I don't understand why the Guide says leave it blank.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
"Deportation" is not the right term. You go to the US border protection office and say you want to do the landing process in Canada. They'll give you a notice of "refusal of entry to the United States due to lack of documentation" and then you go back to the Canadian side with that letter to re-enter Canada, this time with your immigrant visa and CoPR.

pepe84 said:
Thats a good question, what if I dont have US Visa? Should I ask for deportation at US border? That would be a fun landing in Canada :)

happymoose

Jul 31, 2014
Congrats! :)

Could you share more to have yours in the tracker?

tmaclu said:
Hi all,

Thanks a lot!!

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
PhdStream said:
Hi all, I got passport request about an hour ago.

I am traveling next week so i will mail passport only after third week of this months.

By the way email suggests that I have to send them photo, but the number of photos is not mentioned. So how many photos that we have to send them?
They always want two photos.