+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
PhdStream said:
Thanks vivi .. mark my word .. you are on the way too.. may be by the end of this week

.. To other users who send their passport .. other than following documents what else do I need to enclose

1. Copy of “Ready for Visa” email,
2. Original passport (ordinary) with several blank pages,
3. 10 photos as specified in the “Ready for Visa” email,
4. Canada post prepaid envelope for return post with my address in the “Deliver To” field
These are enough...I sent a dated cover letter mentioning these documents as well.

tmaclu

Mar 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arian_arian said:
You should be happy! :)

These documents request is quite normal!
Thanks man! :)

For "field of study", what kind of document should be submitted? Or can we simply reply in email saying "My field of study is ..." ?

tmaclu

Mar 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asal2013 said:
Hi all,
I see a lots of new name in the forum which they don`t have any information on the tracker sheet. It would be very helpful for new applicant if you share your information( Date of application reached to CIO, date of CC charged, date of PER issued , ......, Number of people in the application, Nationality ) and ask the admin to add your information to tracker.

Thanks
Took me a while to dig out all the dates of those events :)

Application reached CIO: April 4, 2014
Credit card charged: Couldn't find out, sorry
PER issued: April 29, 2014
Medical/RPRF/Doc: Oct 6, 2014
Documents: POF, CV, Supervisor Info, Publication list, Field of Study.

Nationality: Chinese
TA/RA: Only

So please add me to the tracker, thanks. And let me know if anything else is needed for that.

Good luck everyone!

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks a lot bluelotus, I would like to send my PCC before they request it but how can I do that? How can I send documents without being asked to send them? Please help!!!!
Also, I just checked the GCMS notes and it says they charge 30 bucks for the service, is that true? Please confirm!
From your experience, what sort of notes you saw on GCMS notes regarding your application?

Again, thanks a lot, your help is much appreciated!
Hi pepe84,
This is the address you'd send your PCC to: (I also included the FAQ from link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp#permanent):

FAQ6. I need to send documents that are part of the application process. Where do I send them?

Scan and e-mail documents (other than police certificates) to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Send original Police Certificates to:

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

If you follow the steps as I mentioned, you should not be charged anything for GCMS. However, rules might change by now and I ask those applicants to share their GCMS experience who have recently ordered it.

In my case, I changed my home address once and updated CIC via online services. When I got my GCMS, I found out that they acknowledged the change of address. Besides, CIC did not award my wife 5 points for IELTS proficiency in their initial assessment even though she met the minimum threshold. I got to know this from GCMS and contacted CIC. After that they corrected our points. I remember another applicant's case where the visa officer commented in his GCMS something like: "reference letter not dated" and/or "phd/RA reference letter not with university letterhead". Later on the applicant updated the reference letter on university letterhead. That's why checking GCMS might be crucial for some cases.

ma_du

Aug 5, 2014
Hi guys,

I wonder whether the dependent should sign any of these forms or they just need the principal's signature.
Could you help me with this? I am kind of worried.

Thanks.

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
ma_du said:
Hi guys,

I wonder whether the dependent should sign any of these forms or they just need the principal's signature.
Could you help me with this? I am kind of worried.

Thanks.
There are some parts that they also need to sign, read all the forms and sign them accordingly... You can also indicate at the top of each form the PA or SP as for principal applicant and spouse respectively. I did it by adding small stick-ons.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Anyone?

PhdStream said:
Which border is best for Landing propose in Ontario.

I heard Peace Bridge (Niagra Fall) and Blue Water Bridge (Sarnia) ... anyone who can give some lights

FYI: I have US visa and planning to cross border and then come back to Canada.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
sia_kb8 said:
I did mine at blue water bridge. People were super nice, but it took them a long time to turn me back. Since you have a US visa, yours should be smoother.
Thanks a lot..

I am also thinking of Blue Water bridge and QUEENSTON LEWISTON BRIDGE

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
PhdStream said:
Thanks a lot..

I am also thinking of Blue Water bridge and QUEENSTON LEWISTON BRIDGE
They gave me a lot of bleep at Lewiston once when I tried to enter with my passport that was due to expire soon. That was eventually resolved, though.

Lewiston is even smaller than blue water bridge. I suggest that you go early in the morning, it's pretty hectic around noon or so.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot bluelotus, I tried once to ask for GCMS notes but nowhere in the links I could see GCMS. Also, they never asked me for my application number. Could you please verify the steps you told me are not missing anything?

Regarding police certificates, do you think if I send them to Ottawa they will accept them and won't ask for them again in the future? My only concern is that my consulate charges a lot for PCC (100 bucks each) so I don't want to spend money for nothing.

I also submitted my wife work experience letter, it was written with NOC number and everything they want, and it's for a full time work experience (average of 33.5 hrs per week for 1.5 years). I hope to get the 5 points of adaptability. I also sent her work permit, the T4 slips and the latest three pay stubs. Hope it's enough for 5 points adaptability.

Again, big thank you and please clarify about GCMS notes.

bluelotus said:
Hi pepe84,
This is the address you'd send your PCC to: (I also included the FAQ from link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp#permanent):

FAQ6. I need to send documents that are part of the application process. Where do I send them?

Scan and e-mail documents (other than police certificates) to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

Send original Police Certificates to:

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

If you follow the steps as I mentioned, you should not be charged anything for GCMS. However, rules might change by now and I ask those applicants to share their GCMS experience who have recently ordered it.

In my case, I changed my home address once and updated CIC via online services. When I got my GCMS, I found out that they acknowledged the change of address. Besides, CIC did not award my wife 5 points for IELTS proficiency in their initial assessment even though she met the minimum threshold. I got to know this from GCMS and contacted CIC. After that they corrected our points. I remember another applicant's case where the visa officer commented in his GCMS something like: "reference letter not dated" and/or "phd/RA reference letter not with university letterhead". Later on the applicant updated the reference letter on university letterhead. That's why checking GCMS might be crucial for some cases.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, big congrats, your application under the PhD stream is the fastest ever. Could you please tell us if there is any template to follow in order to send a CV to CIC? How will you provide them with that info? Does the supervisor info have to be the same as in the RA/TA reference letters?

Thanks a lot!

tmaclu said:
Took me a while to dig out all the dates of those events :)

Application reached CIO: April 4, 2014
Credit card charged: Couldn't find out, sorry
PER issued: April 29, 2014
Medical/RPRF/Doc: Oct 6, 2014
Documents: POF, CV, Supervisor Info, Publication list, Field of Study.

Nationality: Chinese
TA/RA: Only

So please add me to the tracker, thanks. And let me know if anything else is needed for that.

Good luck everyone!

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
Hello guys,

Do you know anyone applying after May 2014 like June or July?
I think they stopped giving file number for the new applicants.

b.mahal

Oct 23, 2013
Hi Admin,

Please update my info in the spreadsheet.

Application reached CIO : 2014-03-20
PER issued (CIO) : 2014-04-07
RPRF Request : 2014-09-18
Medical request : 2014-09-19
Passport requested : 2014-10-06

I had only RA/TA as my job experience.

Thanks,
B.Mahal

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Application reached CIO: JAN 30, 2014
PER issued: FEB 29, 2014